Hello from Kansas

Default Hello from Kansas

My name is Janet and I live in a really small town south of Kansas City. I work from home as a writer and online instructor. I became disillusioned about politics many years ago when I was a newspaper reporter in rural Colorado. I had talked my mother into voting for the first time in her life. There was just one problem. Our votes were never counted. Back then, I had to collect the final number of votes from each precinct. When they said a month after the election that they still hadn't counted the votes, I asked my editor if I could write a story about it. He said no. I've always wondered how many votes are cast but never counted since then.

I got interested in this election because I had been feeling more and more out of touch with the rest of society. People I thought were my friends had become increasingly PC and moralistic. Trump "spoke" to me with his plain language. As a fan of The Apprentice, I knew he was running on many of the same issues he had talked about for years. And I became "hooked" again on politics.

I'm glad to be here and I look forward to some good discussions.

2. Sponsored Links

Welcome

4. Sponsored Links

Welcome to the forums
    "Ignis aurum probat"

6. Sponsored Links