Will Russia launch CYBER warfare?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Will Russia launch CYBER warfare?

Expert says it is IMMINENT
    THE attack on Syria by Western powers has fuelled fears that Russia will retaliate with a cyber attack against UK hospitals and other services including air traffic control. But will Russia launch cyber warfare against Britain? One expert believes havoc could be on the way…
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...ck-in-syria-us

Let's hope not- It would be nasty stuff.
    If so, I hope we are prepared with a defense to it.

2. Sponsored Links

I'll believe it when I see it.

4. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by hindsight2020 View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it.
    I think we all will.
    I just hope we don't see it.

6. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BillBrown View Post
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...ck-in-syria-us

Let's hope not- It would be nasty stuff.
    If so, I hope we are prepared with a defense to it.
    We?
    I am as amused this turn of phrase as I am when a Cowboys fan lumps himself in with the players when discussing the next game in which he will have no part as a participant.
    The biggest penis competition will continue regardless. You nor I will have any say in the outcome.
    Last edited by JohnRandolph; April 16th, 2018 at 11:06 am.

"Society would be better off if people would mind their own business and stop using government as their agent in telling other people how to live." ~ Some fella you never heard of.

8. Sponsored Links

I think a better question is will Russia CONTINUE their cyber attacks on America? It seems some were fine with it as long as it helped achieve certain political objectives. Obviously, that will not always be the case and the Russians can and will turn on you on a dime. They have never cared about anything that is in America's best interest. In fact, you could make a strong case for the OPPOSITE! Anything that damages us and brings us down usually benefits them.

10. Sponsored Links

the BEST cyber attacks (or more specifically, cyber warfare), are done while the entity being attacked doesn't even know it. sneaky. undercover. covert.

12. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Question...did the allied attacks against Syria shift the power structure in Syria in the slightest so as to provoke any Russian response beyond that of being an annoyance?

My answer to that is no...therefore it is not in Russia’s best interests to do any type of cyber attack that did anything other than be annoying to us.
    • The unexamined life is not worth living.
    • Wisdom is knowing how little we know.
    • The arguments stay the same...only the sides making those arguments change.

14. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
    Question...did the allied attacks against Syria shift the power structure in Syria in the slightest so as to provoke any Russian response beyond that of being an annoyance?

My answer to that is no...therefore it is not in Russia’s best interests to do any type of cyber attack that did anything other than be annoying to us.
    Anybody with eyes knows the whole point of the one off retaliation on Syria was to change the news cycle from a week of ever more explosive news stories breaking about Trump & Co. corruption and criminality. So kick back and let the missiles fly and then back to business as usual.

16. Sponsored Links

17. Likes JohnRandolph liked this post

As a SWE, I'm in the field of Cyber Security and foreign entities attempt to hit our servers EVERY DAY. Russia has never stopped and they will continue in some form or fashion try to penetrate our servers for info, to corrupt and destroy, or DOS our asses. Same with China, North Korea, many Middle Eastern Countries, and even some in Africa.
    Stay Woke......

19. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jamerican View Post
    As a SWE, I'm in the field of Cyber Security and foreign entities attempt to hit our servers EVERY DAY. Russia has never stopped and they will continue in some form or fashion try to penetrate our servers for info, to corrupt and destroy, or DOS our asses. Same with China, North Korea, many Middle Eastern Countries, and even some in Africa.
    And we do it to them too. The balance is unlikely to change because we lobbed a hundred missiles at targets we told the Russians about ahead of time.
    • The unexamined life is not worth living.
    • Wisdom is knowing how little we know.
    • The arguments stay the same...only the sides making those arguments change.

21. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Midwesterner View Post
    I think a better question is will Russia CONTINUE their cyber attacks on America? It seems some were fine with it as long as it helped achieve certain political objectives. Obviously, that will not always be the case and the Russians can and will turn on you on a dime. They have never cared about anything that is in America's best interest. In fact, you could make a strong case for the OPPOSITE! Anything that damages us and brings us down usually benefits them.
    The type of cyber attacks this article is talking about are no comparison to anything we've seen yet. That was child's play.

23. Sponsored Links

No, they mess with Trump. He's not a loser like Obama the chaos maker...

They got a Trump thump. And went home. Ha ha!

Trump is cool

We are so lucky to live in the USA, and during an inter-glacial warming period with

President Donald J. Trump as President

25. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Cratic3947 View Post
    No, they mess with Trump. He's not a loser like Obama the chaos maker...

They got a Trump thump. And went home. Ha ha!

Trump is cool
    this cant be a serious statement

27. Sponsored Links

I really can't see Russia playing all their cyber cards over the Syrian strike.
    Their cards supposedly are the ability to totally shut down the infrastructure- power grid- communications- transport- you name it.
    If they do it at all, I think they would only give us a taste of what is possible.

I guess it's also possible it's all a bunch of bull.

29. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDog Dem View Post
    this cant be a serious statement
    Why?.. It's all true. Just like there are no conservative dems anymore.

We are so lucky to live in the USA, and during an inter-glacial warming period with

President Donald J. Trump as President

31. Sponsored Links