School Shooting in Parkland Florida. - Page 19

Page 19 of 94 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Default School Shooting in Parkland Florida.

Florida school shooting: 20 people reported injured - CNN - CNN.com

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/14/us/florida-high-school-shooting/index.html

10 mins ago - A high school in South Florida is on lockdown after authorities confirm a shooting there.... (CNN)The Broward County Sheriff's Office in Florida is responding to reports of a shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland. Broward County Fire Rescue is reporting that 20 ..

.................................................. .................................................. ...............................

Details are ongoing. Just thought i would report it. .

2. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestIndy View Post
    Allow me to summarize this thread as it will go the same as all the others like it before.

Cons:
    * We need more guns, give them to teachers, more SROs, etc etc.
    * enforce the laws we already have.
    * liberals are politicizing this.

Libs:
    * We need less guns, less readily available for purchase.
    * We need more gun control.
    * conservatives are politicizing this.

Both:
    * Thoughts and prayers.

And around the merry go round we go. Couple of weeks we will be right back where we started and nothing will have changed and another idiot will be senslessly shooting innocent children.
    Ya everyone argues about gun control here every shooting. Same ****** thread every time with the same people arguing the same shtuff.

4. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by srbedgood View Post
    What difference does it make what object someone is killed with, are they more dead from bullets? How about we figure out why so many people want to kill other people?
    For realz. Dead is dead. Legalize heroin!!

6. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by FlameHeart View Post
    We can't do anything; we are not politicians or in control of other people. We can, however, as political junkies, and people from all walks of life, discuss the motivations behind the shooting and how they can be improved.
    You can vote. You can vote for people whoare actually willing to have a serious discussion about this, stop sitting on their hands and will take action

As opposed to all those that simply say aww shucks and offer platitudes to the deceased's families.

Unfortunately those that take the position that we cant do anything will keep thinking that until its one of their loved ones that does the dieing.

8. Sponsored Links

9. Likes FlameHeart liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by ImRightYoureWrong View Post
    For realz. Dead is dead. Legalize heroin!!
    That would likely have a more positive effect on the murder rate then any gun control measure would.
    Ya'll found a 2 for 1 deal on stupid, didn't you.

11. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestIndy View Post
    Apples and Oranges.

If you want a true comparrision you would compare how many people were murdered by a vehicle last year. Just a quick glance of known news stories i count 38 dead in all pf last year and that is worldwide including the 3 in Charlottesville.

Cars are built to kill people, guns are among other uses.
    I think you have your last sentence backwards

13. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by tguns View Post
    That would likely have a more positive effect on the murder rate then any gun control measure would.
    Prob true for gang violence. Doubtful for mass shootings

15. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
    He obtained the weapon illegally so how exactly would a background check for legal transfers have stopped him?
    Where have you seen that he got his weapons illegally? I haven't seen that reported on one way or the other.

17. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by midman View Post
    There's no culture of slaughtering people on purpose w/ cars in America like there is w/ guns.
    Even if you could somehow manage to make every gun in America disappear tomorrow the "culture" would not change, only the choice of weapon would.

Guns are completely inanimate objects, it is the mind and personality of the offenders and future offenders that is the problem. If you don't change the mentality of people the problem remains.
    Don't Blame Me I voted for Cruz! Without the 1st & 2nd Amendments the rest of The Constitution is meaningless
    THE DEFICIT

19. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sikofit View Post
    Where have you seen that he got his weapons illegally? I haven't seen that reported on one way or the other.
    He couldn't have obtained it legally.
    Don't Blame Me I voted for Cruz! Without the 1st & 2nd Amendments the rest of The Constitution is meaningless
    THE DEFICIT

21. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky SF Dude View Post
    Confiscation and prohibition are the words you are looking for.
    fewer dead kids are the words I'm looking for.

23. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by srbedgood View Post
    What difference does it make what object someone is killed with, are they more dead from bullets? How about we figure out why so many people want to kill other people?
    We can do both.

A killer with a hammer will kill fewer kids than a killer with a gun. Sorry but that's true.

25. Sponsored Links

Even if you could somehow manage to make every gun in America disappear tomorrow the "culture" would not change, only the choice of weapon would.

Guns are completely inanimate objects, it is the mind and personality of the offenders and future offenders that is the problem. If you don't change the mentality of people the problem remains.
    You don't know that. Are you seriously suggesting that if we got rid of guns completely somehow that wouldn't have a huge effect on the murder rate.

27. Sponsored Links

The person that allowed their gun to be taken should be held responsible to a degree. That is one way to encourage responsible gun storage and handling.

29. Sponsored Links

31. Sponsored Links

That's not true.

The marketing and imaging surrounding guns is a big part of the 'problem' with our society.

33. Sponsored Links