'The US is under attack': Intel chief Dan Coats says Putin targeting 2018 elections - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default 'The US is under attack': Intel chief Dan Coats says Putin targeting 2018 elections

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ons/332566002/

"The nation's top intelligence officials said Tuesday that Russia is targeting the 2018 elections as it seeks to undermine America's political process and sow partisan division with cyber attacks and other digital disruption.

"Frankly, the United States is under attack," Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats told the Senate Intelligence Committee, adding that Russia is attempting to "degrade our democratic values and weaken our alliances."

In unequivocal language, Coats said Russian President Vladimir Putin was emboldened by Russia's interference in the 2016 presidential elections and is targeting the midterms.

"There should be no doubt that (Putin) views the past effort as successful," said Coats who was joined Tuesday by the nation's other top intelligence officials, including CIA Director Mike Pompeo, National Security Agency Director Mike Rogers and FBI Director Christopher Wray."

Well, that's pretty strong language. He's says Putin was successful and isn't going to relent. I guess it's not gonna change/stop.

What's remains to be very odd is our President, after signing sanctions against the country attacking us, won't implement the sanctions and, according to FBI Director Christopher Wray, Trump hasnít even directed him to stop Russian efforts to interfere in this yearís midterms.

That's weird folks.

Oh. America First.

2. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by DougBH View Post
    We weren't attacked.
    Put the nukes away.
    Way to put party over country.

4. Sponsored Links

There is no better projection of strength to the world than to let the Russians suffer no consequences for trying to interfere in the election process.

Not even a slap on the wrist from Mr Fire and Fury,it is almost as if he is afraid of Putin.Why is he so reluctant to do anything?

6. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MoleUK View Post
    It's going to be every election cycle now, as it's proven to be a highly effective tactic for Russian intelligence. And not just in the US either.

I imagine conservatives will take it more seriously once the Russian disinfo campaign pushes hard for Democrats in an election cycle.

Well, perhaps notsomuch take it more seriously as lose their ****.

They won't be able to say they weren't warned however.
    Remind me which President was in office when the ball was dropped and they meddled in the 2016 elections again?
    Self appointed forum Mark Zuckerberg, feel free to ask me if any news story is real or fake.

8. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by zantax View Post
    Remind me which President was in office when the ball was dropped and they meddled in the 2016 elections again?
    Yeah, right. Are you saying that you would have supported Obama calling out the Russians on tampering with our elections before the vote was held?

10. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Neocon Bob View Post
    Yeah, right. Are you saying that you would have supported Obama calling out the Russians on tampering with our elections before the vote was held?
    What does that have to do with anything? Are you suggesting he shouldn't have done anything because some people might not like him to keep our elections free and fair? Sorry, you can't have it both ways, it was a grave threat to our democracy and excuse the guy in charge who knew about it at the time and did nothing.
    Last edited by zantax; February 14th, 2018 at 7:23 am.
    Self appointed forum Mark Zuckerberg, feel free to ask me if any news story is real or fake.

12. Sponsored Links

The Russians have a history of meddling. But it’s the democrats who are doing the meddling with supposition and innuendo, framing the R’s as Russian comrades. Country before party my ass. Hopefully, voters see through your bull ****.
    If Peeing Your Pants Is Cool Consider Me Miles Davis

14. Sponsored Links

15. Likes Camp liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Englander View Post
    There is no better projection of strength to the world than to let the Russians suffer no consequences for trying to interfere in the election process.

Not even a slap on the wrist from Mr Fire and Fury,it is almost as if he is afraid of Putin.Why is he so reluctant to do anything?
    The real question is why our president doesn't imposes sanctions that our Congress and President passed. I guess Muller is in the process of figuring that out.

17. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by zantax View Post
    What does that have to do with anything? Are you suggesting he shouldn't have done anything because some people might not like him to keep our elections free and fair? Sorry, you can't have it both ways, it was a grave threat to our democracy and excuse the guy in charge who knew about it at the time and did nothing.
    So back to the OP do you believe Dan Coats? Or is he somehow part of Obamaís deep state?

19. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by CaughtInTheMiddle View Post
    The real question is why our president doesn't imposes sanctions that our Congress and President passed. I guess Muller is in the process of figuring that out.
    War on terror, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan.

I would like to finish this up without poisoning our relations with Russia completely.

Victory is not won in miles but in inches.
    Win a little now, hold your ground, and later win a little more. Louis L'Amour.

21. Sponsored Links

Congress holds committee meeting with Intelligence and, with wringing hands, asks what they can do about Russia meddling.
    I guess it has dawned on few here that Congress is the body that makes the laws.
    But, they sit around as if they are innocent bystanders lamenting and whining.
    This is not what the Founding Fathers envisioned.

23. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    So back to the OP do you believe Dan Coats? Or is he somehow part of Obamaís deep state?
    It's not just Coats saying it.

Evidently, the America First people we post with don't truly put America First.

PS: I know you already knew that.

25. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Excast View Post
    No, you weren't. Trumpists got their man in the White House and are willing to overlook the cost to America in terms of it's reputation, election stability, and overall long term health.

The rest of us who actually care about the country? We were and continue to be.
    If the Russians tried to mess with our election letís turn our best cyber security minds lose on them and make sure it doesnít happen again.

But has it ever occurred to you lefties that the reason Putin got his way in terms of sowing the seeds of discontent and distrust in our system is because you folks still refuse to accept the results of a legitimate election and are running around more than a year later screeching about Russia at the top of your lungs.

Hell you clowns have given Vlad everything he could have ever wanted.

27. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by rodeo View Post
    If the Russians tried to mess with our election letís turn our best cyber security minds lose on them and make sure it doesnít happen again.

But has it ever occurred to you lefties that the reason Putin got his way in terms of sowing the seeds of discontent and distrust in our system is because you folks still refuse to accept the results of a legitimate election and are running around more than a year later screeching about Russia at the top of your lungs.

Post Script...

Who meddled more. The Russians or a bunch of highly placed career politicians who didnít want the election to go the way it did?

Should we not be dealing with those people at least as aggressively as the Russians?

29. Sponsored Links

Had the Iranians done what the Russians did Donald Trump would have already imposed sanctions. That's the real issue.

I'm not big on the whole gossipy thing but I'm starting to believe that Russia really does have something on him. It could be financial entanglements or something else.

31. Sponsored Links

You folks lol. Putin was successful because of the nature of partisanship in this country. There are entire cable channels that directly target partisanship and you sit there with a a straight fact and complain about like it is something new.

33. Sponsored Links