FBI Director calls out the liar in chief on another one of his lies - Page 13

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 210
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    18,625
    Rep Power
    15

    Default FBI Director calls out the liar in chief on another one of his lies

    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/13/u...und-check.html

    WASHINGTON — The F.B.I. director, Christopher A. Wray, said on Tuesday that the bureau delivered final results in January of its background investigation into Rob Porter, the staff secretary who resigned in disgrace amid spousal abuse allegations. But the White House allowed Mr. Porter to continue serving in his post until the accusations surfaced publicly in press reports last week.In testimony on Capitol Hill, Mr. Wray upended the White House’s timeline of the events that led to Mr. Porter’s departure, contradicting the contention of top officials that his background investigation was “ongoing” at the time of his resignation.
    So the White House account of the Porter firing was yet another lie.

    Why should we be surprised. The liar in chief has been lying up a storm almost daily since entering office and proffering the absurd lie that his inauguration crowd was bigger than Obama's.

    That was a clear signal that this was going to be one of the most dishonest administrations in history and it has sure lived up to that every day since.

    Is there any point where cons will tire of getting lied to so often?

    The lying coming from the top has set such an example that all WH officials are now ok lying about anything, all the time.
    Last edited by southernmoderate; February 13th, 2018 at 3:34 pm.

  2. Sponsored Links


  3. #181
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Humble Texas
    Age
    53
    Posts
    7,024
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dantes View Post
    Because Page was going around bragging about his access to Trump.
    I am glad you realize that Trump did nothing wrong. Trumped up fake news.

    now you are a Trumpster. But i still hate him.

  4. Sponsored Links


  5. #182
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    29,247
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bootz View Post
    I am glad you realize that Trump did nothing wrong. Trumped up fake news.

    now you are a Trumpster. But i still hate him.
    So you were going to tell me which political enemies were spied on.

    Who was that again?

  6. Sponsored Links


  7. #183
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Humble Texas
    Age
    53
    Posts
    7,024
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orygun View Post
    And Carter Page was being investigated loooong before he worked with Trump. Do you know why?

    2013, heard all about it and it was a big nothing burger.

    Clinton got paid 500k for a speech, OMG he must be a spy.

    are you worried, or just Trump.

  8. Sponsored Links


  9. #184
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Humble Texas
    Age
    53
    Posts
    7,024
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dantes View Post
    So you were going to tell me which political enemies were spied on.

    Who was that again?
    all the ones unmasked by Obama? did that happen?

  10. Sponsored Links


  11. #185
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    29,247
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bootz View Post
    all the ones unmasked by Obama? did that happen?
    I donít know, you tell me.

    Which ones were unmasked?

  12. Sponsored Links


  13. #186
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    44,026
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nebraska Football View Post
    Youíre conveniently forgetting the fact that WH Counsel Don McGahn was contacted directly in November by an ex-girlfriend of Porter (victim #3) and told him of the allegations by the two ex-wives and how they should be taken seriously. Which is what prompted him to have the FBI engage in their follow-up to their final July report. The White House knew. They covered for him. You repeating Sanders lies does nothing more than make you look silly.
    The WH knew that Porter and his girlfriend were at odds. Even Porter told them that! That only means that the FBI and the WHPSO had to RESOLVE those difference before Porter's situation could move, one way or another.

    AGAIN, the WHPSO was STILL working on this when the press story broke.

    Your inability to see that there was a process to be followed makes you look silly.



    M
    "WE KNOW the attack in Libya had nothing to do with the film. It was a planned attack, not a protest." - Hillary Clinton, September 12th, 2012

  14. Sponsored Links


  15. #187
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    29,247
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkyS View Post
    The WH knew that Porter and his girlfriend were at odds. Even Porter told them that! That only means that the FBI and the WHPSO had to RESOLVE those difference before Porter's situation could move, one way or another.

    AGAIN, the WHPSO was STILL working on this when the press story broke.

    Your inability to see that there was a process to be followed makes you look silly.



    M
    What differences required resolving between the FBI and WHPSO?

  16. Sponsored Links


  17. #188
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SW Missouri
    Posts
    21,530
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkyS View Post
    The WH knew that Porter and his girlfriend were at odds. Even Porter told them that! That only means that the FBI and the WHPSO had to RESOLVE those difference before Porter's situation could move, one way or another.

    AGAIN, the WHPSO was STILL working on this when the press story broke.

    Your inability to see that there was a process to be followed makes you look silly.



    M
    Quote Originally Posted by MoleUK View Post
    There's being reasonable, sensible and skeptical, and there's doing what Marky is doing.

    The WH has been caught lying on the subject of Rob Porter multiple times now.

    https://twitter.com/MarkSZaidEsq/sta...25776083062785


    Iím not the one looking silly here, parroting almost verbatim the administration lies, like you are. But please, get caught up brother. Read the link Mole offered.

    And also kindly link something other than from the administration proving the claim that there was an actual investigation being performed by the WHPSO. Thanks!

  18. Sponsored Links


  19. #189
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    44,026
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Wazoo View Post
    So how do you know about these inter-workings of the process? Would you please be so kind as to provide a link? Thanks.
    I have no link. Instead, I have the process detailed by the WH yesterday, which I watched live.

    If you want to look up the WH press briefing for yesterday, I'm sure you too can see it delivered.



    M
    "WE KNOW the attack in Libya had nothing to do with the film. It was a planned attack, not a protest." - Hillary Clinton, September 12th, 2012

  20. Sponsored Links


  21. #190
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    29,247
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkyS View Post
    I have no link. Instead, I have the process detailed by the WH yesterday, which I watched live.

    If you want to look up the WH press briefing for yesterday, I'm sure you too can see it delivered.



    M
    Cute. You believe what the White House says.

  22. Sponsored Links


  23. #191
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    44,026
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dantes View Post
    What differences required resolving between the FBI and WHPSO?
    That hasn't been made public and likely will not. All you need to know is that the WHPSO, which is staffed by career officials - not Trump people - were still in the process of deciding Porter's future when the press story broke.

    No one at the Senior level was aware of everything. No one covered up anything. No one tried to protect Porter. The press set its hair on fire for nothing.


    What else is new?



    M
    "WE KNOW the attack in Libya had nothing to do with the film. It was a planned attack, not a protest." - Hillary Clinton, September 12th, 2012

  24. Sponsored Links


  25. #192
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    29,247
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkyS View Post
    That hasn't been made public and likely will not. All you need to know is that the WHPSO, which is staffed by career officials - not Trump people - were still in the process of deciding Porter's future when the press story broke.

    No one at the Senior level was aware of everything. No one covered up anything. No one tried to protect Porter. The press set its hair on fire for nothing.

    What else is new?

    M
    Nothing is new. You've bought the Trump administration story hook line and sinker without any evidence to support it.

  26. Sponsored Links


  27. #193
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    44,026
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nebraska Football View Post


    I’m not the one looking silly here, parroting almost verbatim the administration lies, like you are. But please, get caught up brother. Read the link Mole offered.

    And also kindly link something other than from the administration proving the claim that there was an actual investigation being performed by the WHPSO. Thanks!


    The link Mole offered doesn't dispute what I said.

    I said that Porter likely told Kelly that he was in conflict with his ex-wife. But Porter DID NOT necessarily say it was over domestic physical abuse. It is reported that what he said was that she was alleging verbal and psychological abuse. - not physical abuse - and that he was denying even that.



    The role of the WHPSO is well-known. It has been THE SAME for every administration and even Mole's link tells you what they do:

    5) The WH Office of Personnel Security, which I have dealt with over the years, adjudicates Secret & Top Secret clearances for WH personnel. Sensitive Compartmented Information, or SCI, is handled by the Intelligence Community, usually the CIA.



    His link ALSO tells you what the FBI does NOT do:


    (6) The FBI handles the background investigation ONLY. It does not adjudicate, analyze or offer any recommendations. It is merely a fact finder.



    The FBI gives their findings of fact to the WHSPO and they then determine what happens next to the person of interest. The FBI DOES NOT go over their heads and subvert their role in this process.

    This is EXACTLY what Sanders said and it is ALSO a fact that the WHSPO was still looking into Porter when the story broke.




    M
    "WE KNOW the attack in Libya had nothing to do with the film. It was a planned attack, not a protest." - Hillary Clinton, September 12th, 2012

  28. Sponsored Links


  29. #194
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    44,026
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dantes View Post
    Nothing is new. You've bought the Trump administration story hook line and sinker without any evidence to support it.
    See post above



    M
    "WE KNOW the attack in Libya had nothing to do with the film. It was a planned attack, not a protest." - Hillary Clinton, September 12th, 2012

  30. Sponsored Links


  31. #195
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    29,247
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkyS View Post
    See post above

    M
    Irrelevant. I simply donít believe McGahn and Kelly knew about Porterís behavior.

    Edit: nothing the White House has said supports their claim with any factual evidence.
    Last edited by dantes; February 14th, 2018 at 10:49 pm.

  32. Sponsored Links


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •