FBI Director calls out the liar in chief on another one of his lies - Page 10

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Default FBI Director calls out the liar in chief on another one of his lies

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/13/u...und-check.html

WASHINGTON — The F.B.I. director, Christopher A. Wray, said on Tuesday that the bureau delivered final results in January of its background investigation into Rob Porter, the staff secretary who resigned in disgrace amid spousal abuse allegations. But the White House allowed Mr. Porter to continue serving in his post until the accusations surfaced publicly in press reports last week.In testimony on Capitol Hill, Mr. Wray upended the White House’s timeline of the events that led to Mr. Porter’s departure, contradicting the contention of top officials that his background investigation was “ongoing” at the time of his resignation.
    So the White House account of the Porter firing was yet another lie.

Why should we be surprised. The liar in chief has been lying up a storm almost daily since entering office and proffering the absurd lie that his inauguration crowd was bigger than Obama's.

That was a clear signal that this was going to be one of the most dishonest administrations in history and it has sure lived up to that every day since.

Is there any point where cons will tire of getting lied to so often?

The lying coming from the top has set such an example that all WH officials are now ok lying about anything, all the time.
    Last edited by southernmoderate; February 13th, 2018 at 3:34 pm.

2. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Wazoo View Post
    You better look again at Chris Wray’s testimony. The WH is lying on this and you are buying it hook, line and sinker.
    I DID look at Wray's testimony. All he said was that he gave the WH a prelim in the Spring, another back-up a little later upon request and what he thought was a final version in the Fall. But he offered that the WH was still getting new stuff from him just last month.

But AT NO TIME did Wray say he gave ANY of that stuff to anyone but the WHPSO. He can't, because that is the process. It GOES TO THEM - not the Trump people.

Sanders today said that they agree with Wray on the timeline but that when he gave the final report to the WHPSO they had MORE work they wanted to do on it and they were still doing that work when the story broke.

And it was only when the story broke that the Trump senior staff heard the full story. Shortly after the story broke Porter resigned and the WH accepted it.

The WH and Wray are NOT in conflict - never have been.

M
    "WE KNOW the attack in Libya had nothing to do with the film. It was a planned attack, not a protest." - Hillary Clinton, September 12th, 2012

4. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hindsight2020 View Post
    But you're okay with it now?
    Nope, I want him impeached.
    Self appointed forum Mark Zuckerberg, feel free to ask me if any news story is real or fake.

6. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by southernmoderate View Post
    Negative, the level of Obama's lying does not even approach the bar set by the maniac.
    I agree, Trump isn't nearly as good at lying as Obama was, he also tends to lie about unimportant things, unlike Obama, who was usually lying about really important things.
    Self appointed forum Mark Zuckerberg, feel free to ask me if any news story is real or fake.

8. Sponsored Links

9. Likes ctherc liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyS View Post
    cogent response.

What you cannot do is refute it. No one can because that's EXACTLY the way the process works: All personnel must be cleared by the WHPSO before they can get final clearances.

LOL that off.

M
    Youíre conveniently forgetting the fact that WH Counsel Don McGahn was contacted directly in November by an ex-girlfriend of Porter (victim #3) and told him of the allegations by the two ex-wives and how they should be taken seriously. Which is what prompted him to have the FBI engage in their follow-up to their final July report. The White House knew. They covered for him. You repeating Sanders lies does nothing more than make you look silly.

11. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by zantax View Post
    Funny, I used to say the same thing about Obama.
    Yes, and furthermore, if obama had 1/10th of the constant leaking and the hostile press that Trump has, I guarantee a ****load of additional lies and dishonest actors would have been exposed.

We are starting to see all of that play out right now with all the investigations happening into those 8 years.
    Here is all you need to know about the party of Democrats: They call American citizens "Deplorables" and they call illegal aliens "Dreamers"

13. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nebraska Football View Post
    You’re conveniently forgetting the fact that WH Counsel Don McGahn was contacted directly in November by an ex-girlfriend of Porter (victim #3) and told him of the allegations by the two ex-wives and how they should be taken seriously. Which is what prompted him to have the FBI engage in their follow-up to their final July report. The White House knew. They covered for him. You repeating Sanders lies does nothing more than make you look silly.
    Yes, the white house knew of allegations and asked someone to see if they had merit, the horror.

15. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

I agree, Trump isn't nearly as good at lying as Obama was, he also tends to lie about unimportant things, unlike Obama, who was usually lying about really important things.
    Itís kind of hard for Trump to lie about important things when he doesnít really say anything important.

17. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dantes View Post
    It’s kind of hard for Trump to lie about important things when he doesn’t really say anything important.
    True, but he hasn't cost me a ton of money yet, like Obama and Democrats did, just the opposite, he put a nice chunk of change in my pocket. If he wants to lie about his crowd size, I'll get over it.

19. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyS View Post
    Knew what? What he would know would be from Porter. No one else can legally TELL HIM - not the FBI, certainly, and the WHPSO is also not supposed to talk about people they have not yet cleared.

M
    So how do you know about these inter-workings of the process? Would you please be so kind as to provide a link? Thanks.
    "If you disagree with someone, walk a mile in their shoes..... You will then be a mile away from them, and have their shoes."

21. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by southernmoderate View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/13/u...und-check.html

So the White House account of the Porter firing was yet another lie.

Why should we be surprised. The liar in chief has been lying up a storm almost daily since entering office and proffering the absurd lie that his inauguration crowd was bigger than Obama's.

That was a clear signal that this was going to be one of the most dishonest administrations in history and it has sure lived up to that every day since.

Is there any point where cons will tire of getting lied to so often?

The lying coming from the top has set such an example that all WH officials are now ok lying about anything, all the time.

There is only one word that can really drive home the point of how ridiculous the me too movement is. All this feigned outrage and moral indignation can only be summarized by one word. One word that can amply represent the hypocrisy of modern day punditry.

That word is ​CHAPPAQUIDDICK. Yep old Teddy ran for president after that and the left supported him.

23. Sponsored Links

Yes, Obama really only lied about major policy positions and he did so when he realized that lying would actually further the chance of him having the ability to enact said policy. I think gay marriage is the most obvious example.

But I also think that a lot of the lies attributed to Obama were not actual lies in the sense that he was knowingly telling a falsehood when he said it. The keeping your doctor if you like him example is probably the most obvious there. Even though that turned out to be false for many people, I have no doubt that when he said it he believed that the plan (still to be formulated at that point) would actually allow that.

25. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by bootz View Post
    actually, you can care, i just wonder how it will affect you. The beatings seem to have occurred on both wives honeymoons.

seems both women just kept their mouths shut until the FBI came calling.

i am just glad a rhodes scholar is out, they are all globalists.

Those poor women that married a man for wealth and power. They have my pity, Give me a break please.

turns out the first honeymoon was in 2003, so 9/11 does not apply. however the Iraq war does, I say that is far more important than those two women.

if you feel really really bad for them contribute to wounded warriors.it should give you perspective.
    Ah, so the Iraq war means we should ignore wife beatings? This is an epic stream of consciousness, I'll give you that.

27. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
    English must not be your strong suit.

Let me help. "Not too far behind" and "totally the same" are distinctly different.
    Mr. Semantics strikes again!!

One being criminal and the other doesn't equate to "not too far behind". Lame attempt to try to build a false equivalency between this WH defending wife beaters and the Clinton WH defending adultery.

29. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueapplepaste View Post
    Ah, so the Iraq war means we should ignore wife beatings? This is an epic stream of consciousness, I'll give you that.

CHAPPAQUIDDICK, do you care?

31. Sponsored Links

True, but he hasn't cost me a ton of money yet, like Obama and Democrats did, just the opposite, he put a nice chunk of change in my pocket. If he wants to lie about his crowd size, I'll get over it.
    Dude the market rose 230 % under Obama. You lost a ton of money? Someone has to get you a better financial advisor.

33. Sponsored Links