Sarah Sanders needs to be the next one gone - Page 14

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 309
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    17,067
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Sarah Sanders needs to be the next one gone

    It seems the original spin the media gave us when the Porter scandal broke was orchestrated by Sarah Sanders and...ROB PORTER. Sanders arranged a meeting with herself, Rob Porter, and four reporters. Porter told his version of the story, and it does not appear that John Kelly was even aware they were meeting. That is why the stories have not been straightened out even to this day, and why Sanders needs to go.

    The four reporters were NYT's Maggie Haberman, Jonathan Swan of Axios, WaPo's Josh Dawsey, and Michael Bender of the WSJ.

    Sanders also said on Monday that the reason that Porter was still working on an interim security clearance was because he had not been approved by law enforcement and the intelligence community. However, it does not appear to work that way as the FBI simply investigates the person and provides their findings to the WH. The WH is supposed to have an office that would evaluate the findings and make a decision of clearances. So either Sanders lied (very possible) or she is simply uninformed (also very possible).

    Meanwhile, it seems like Kelly is taking the sword in this debacle. I guess in this he is the good Marine. Time will tell if he survives the wound.

    Sanders lies everyday. She has to. Her boss lies all the time as well, and she has to lie to cover for him. It's a disgusting display, but I get why she does it. That is not why she needs to go however. If she left, they'd simply replace her with someone else who would have to lie, and nothing would change there. But this meeting with the reporters and Porter as the first part of damage control was a very poor decision, and this scandal still lives on because of it.

    She needs to go.

    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...e-house-407242


    The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists. - Arendt

  2. Sponsored Links


  3. #196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
    I said nothing of the kind nor is that what I meant.

    In the long run, the cleansing that occurs as a reaction to same will be very therapeutic for the country.
    "A complete meltdown of the civil society" sounds pretty bad in the short run and the long run. Were there riots after Trump's election? Yes, but they were not even close to level of the Rodney King riots or those after MLK's assassination.

    It's not surprising either considering a significant amount of minorities believe Trump to be racist. I imagine whites would be pretty upset if a New Black Panther sympathizer was elected president.

    And don't tell me minorities think all Republicans are racist. There were no riots when Bush was elected. And there would have been none had McCain or Romney had won.

  4. Sponsored Links


  5. #197
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    151,843
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Camp View Post
    What about Porter's side?

    Porter denied the allegations in a statement issued in the wake of his resignation.
    The allegations were first reported earlier this week by the Daily Mail.
    "These outrageous allegations are simply false," he said in his statement. "I have been transparent and truthful about these vile claims, but I will not further engage publicly with a coordinated smear campaign."

    I know there is a picture of his first wife with a black eye. That is pretty conclusive and damning.

    Does he get to refute these allegations? There are laws protecting spouses from abuse. Why not file for at least a PFA if you are assaulted?

    Not taking Porters side, just pointing out there must be more to this than has been made public.

    Terrible for all the parties involved. Porter resigned so what more is to be done here?
    A picture with no context isn't damning to anyone looking at it fairly. There are hundreds of way to get a black eye that have nothing to do with abuse.

    I got a broken nose and a serious case of coon's eyes years ago when my wife knee'd me in the face as I was helping her up a horse. She got a butte of a blackeye wrecking a bike and hitting her face on the handle bars. My mom got one trying to change my sister's diaper. ...

    All it proves is that she at some point during that time frame was struck in the eye/nose area.

    Now a long series of injuries consistent with abuse would be rather damning but a single blackeye? Not so much.

    Porther of course has no recourse, the damage is done and true or not the stain will be with him forever.
    Don't Blame Me I voted for Cruz! Without the 1st & 2nd Amendments the rest of The Constitution is meaningless
    THE DEFICIT

  6. Sponsored Links


  7. #198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gooddad409 View Post
    Oh my gosh I have a sister in law from Portland Oregon just like her! She will not stop talking left wing politics and goes ballistic when disagreed with. She then goes into her poor me i am the victim routine. We try not to talk politics with her but she will not shut up about it.

    She even tried to lecture us on her last visit that we should concentrate on recycling because that is what her church is teaching.

    She got together a trip last year(nobody was interested but in it her) involving herself and several relatives including my wife. Well it was a disaster because she wrecked it with politics and generally being opinionated and intolerant of differing ideas. Everything they did had to be her way. Everywhere they ate had to be her idea. Etc, etc.

    She isn't welcome in my home anymore because i don't want visitors who can't be gotten along with and want to disturb the peace of my home. I suppose every family must have one of those. Everybody else in the family gets along just fine with each other.
    lol Portland is all you had to say. Yes to persevere family relations sometimes you just have to keep politics off the table. There always seems to be one or two that can't.
    "Let me tell you: You take on the intelligence community they have six ways from Sunday at getting back at you." Chuckie Schumer

  8. Sponsored Links


  9. #199
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Panem
    Age
    20
    Posts
    3,115
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
    A picture with no context isn't damning to anyone looking at it fairly. There are hundreds of way to get a black eye that have nothing to do with abuse.

    I got a broken nose and a serious case of coon's eyes years ago when my wife knee'd me in the face as I was helping her up a horse. She got a butte of a blackeye wrecking a bike and hitting her face on the handle bars. My mom got one trying to change my sister's diaper. ...

    All it proves is that she at some point during that time frame was struck in the eye/nose area.

    Now a long series of injuries consistent with abuse would be rather damning but a single blackeye? Not so much.

    Porther of course has no recourse, the damage is done and true or not the stain will be with him forever.
    I do agree, a black eye can be caused by anything, but I would like to see that picture. The shape and size of the bruises and other injuries close to that one will hint at whether Rob's wife was abused by him.
    "Ignis aurum probat"

  10. Sponsored Links


  11. #200
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    151,843
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Pat View Post
    "A complete meltdown of the civil society" sounds pretty bad in the short run and the long run. Were there riots after Trump's election? Yes, but they were not even close to level of the Rodney King riots or those after MLK's assassination.

    It's not surprising either considering a significant amount of minorities believe Trump to be racist. I imagine whites would be pretty upset if a New Black Panther sympathizer was elected president.

    And don't tell me minorities think all Republicans are racist. There were no riots when Bush was elected. And there would have been none had McCain or Romney had won.
    What would have followed those isolated riots had something similar happened shortly thereafter?

    The hate for all thins Trump hasn't subsided a lick, it just keeps getting worse if anything. You can't keep this kind of crap up for four years and not then see it blow up rather than just boil over again.

    The kind of utterly baseless lie as you post above is a perfect example. Trump has never said a damned thing supportive of White Supremacy. It's a lie and we all know it and it's a damnedable like meant to do nothing but incite even more hatred and violence which makes it that much worse.

    As for the "all minorities" that is just another red herring being chased by a flaming straw dog. Minorities are not monolithic in all of their opinions or all of their reactions.

    Trump did better with blacks than even Bush.
    Don't Blame Me I voted for Cruz! Without the 1st & 2nd Amendments the rest of The Constitution is meaningless
    THE DEFICIT

  12. Sponsored Links


  13. #201
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    151,843
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlameHeart View Post
    I do agree, a black eye can be caused by anything, but I would like to see that picture. The shape and size of the bruises and other injuries close to that one will hint at whether Rob's wife was abused by him.
    I've seen it, it's online and easily available with a search.

    I didn't see any other injuries that would be at all conclusive.
    Don't Blame Me I voted for Cruz! Without the 1st & 2nd Amendments the rest of The Constitution is meaningless
    THE DEFICIT

  14. Sponsored Links


  15. #202
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SW Missouri
    Posts
    21,575
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
    Wray said the initial report was completed in July.

    WH asked for additional info which was delivered in November.

    Investigation closed in early January.

    Additional information sent to WH in Jan following the investigation being closed when new information came to light.
    Was there a reason for you repeating what I said?

  16. Sponsored Links


  17. #203
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Panem
    Age
    20
    Posts
    3,115
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Camp View Post
    Why did the spouses who were abused not file criminal charges or at least a PFA when they were abused?

    That would have stopped Porter before he got anywhere near the White House.
    Sometimes people are afraid what their abuser will do if they find out that they reported it to the police. It may result in more abuse. I could also ask, "Why didn't she leave?" Same reason, in addition to sometimes they can't leave because of legal and/or financial commitments or dependencies. Then there's Stockholm syndrome.
    "Ignis aurum probat"

  18. Sponsored Links


  19. #204
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    19,264
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orygun View Post
    Do you think Porter should have been fired?
    Quote Originally Posted by Orygun View Post
    Can't do it can you. I'll ask again...

    Do you think someone needs to be arrested, tried and convicted of a crime before being fired from a job for spousal abuse?
    Quote Originally Posted by Excast View Post
    I think his wife punched herself in the eye.

    Do you actually believe it yourself when you claim not to be a Trump water carrier, even though pretty much all you do on the forum nowadays is look for ways to obfuscate any topic involving him or his administration?
    Guys, guys-you're letting the WR spin machine distract from the original point, which is the dishonesty that has been coming from Sanders and the WH regarding this issue.

  20. Sponsored Links


  21. #205
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    151,843
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by party-free View Post
    2012. Do keep up.
    You're four years behind smart guy. Trump and Cruz ran in 2016 and it was Rove's hand picked candidates that got smeared in both 2012 and 2016.
    Don't Blame Me I voted for Cruz! Without the 1st & 2nd Amendments the rest of The Constitution is meaningless
    THE DEFICIT

  22. Sponsored Links


  23. #206
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    38,810
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlameHeart View Post
    Sometimes people are afraid what their abuser will do if they find out that they reported it to the police. It may result in more abuse. I could also ask, "Why didn't she leave?" Same reason, in addition to sometimes they can't leave because of legal and/or financial commitments or dependencies. Then there's Stockholm syndrome.
    All well and good except for the part where they were ex-spouses.
    That was the time to expose him.

  24. Sponsored Links


  25. Likes FlameHeart liked this post
  26. #207
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    151,843
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by party-free View Post
    Guys, guys-you're letting the WR spin machine distract from the original point, which is the dishonesty that has been coming from Sanders and the WH regarding this issue.
    I haven't "spun" anything. The timeline I posted is straight from Christopher Wray and as yet none of you can show where the allegations against Porter have been confirmed as being true.
    Don't Blame Me I voted for Cruz! Without the 1st & 2nd Amendments the rest of The Constitution is meaningless
    THE DEFICIT

  27. Sponsored Links


  28. #208
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    151,843
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlameHeart View Post
    Sometimes people are afraid what their abuser will do if they find out that they reported it to the police. It may result in more abuse. I could also ask, "Why didn't she leave?" Same reason, in addition to sometimes they can't leave because of legal and/or financial commitments or dependencies. Then there's Stockholm syndrome.
    They've had years to come forward since their divorces.
    Don't Blame Me I voted for Cruz! Without the 1st & 2nd Amendments the rest of The Constitution is meaningless
    THE DEFICIT

  29. Sponsored Links


  30. Likes FlameHeart liked this post
  31. #209
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    38,810
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    The FBI does not have the final word in firing. The Personnel Security Office received the report and still had not finalized the action when Porter resigned.
    Sorry, proggies got half the story (as usual) and run like they are on fire.

  32. Sponsored Links


  33. #210
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    151,843
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nebraska Football View Post
    Was there a reason for you repeating what I said?
    This:

    Quote Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
    Wray said the initial report was completed in July.

    WH asked for additional info which was delivered in November.

    Investigation closed in early January.

    Additional information sent to WH in Jan following the investigation being closed when new information came to light.
    And this

    Quote Originally Posted by Nebraska Football View Post
    The final report was submitted by the FBI in July. In November McGahn was contacted by an ex-girlfriend of Porter (victim #3) saying he should take the allegations from the ex-wives seriously. I’m sure that led McGahn to reach back out to the FBI and see what information they had, if any, on the ex-girlfriend. Hence their follow-up in November.

    There was no new information from the FBI in January. That was simply the month the FBI administratively closed the file on Porter.
    Are not remotely the same.
    Don't Blame Me I voted for Cruz! Without the 1st & 2nd Amendments the rest of The Constitution is meaningless
    THE DEFICIT

  34. Sponsored Links


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •