Sessions Is A Proud Racist - Page 9

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Default Sessions Is A Proud Racist

And he's no longer hiding it. Sessions was speaking to the National Sheriff's Association this morning and complimented them for their work in preserving Anglo-American heritage. Sorry Jeffrey but law enforcement does not serve the purpose you think they do and if your statement is even remotely true then it's time for a constitutional driven change.

"I want to thank every sheriff in America. Since our founding, the independently elected sheriff has been the people's protector, who keeps law enforcement close to and accountable to people through the elected process," Sessions said in remarks at the National Sheriffs Association winter meeting, adding, "The office of sheriff is a critical part of the Anglo-American heritage of law enforcement."
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/12/polit...ent/index.html

2. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HeadOnStraight View Post
    Nope, that would be the proud Democratic Party tradition of racism and bigotry.

Why anyone would call themselves a Democrat after knowing of their disgusting history, is beyond me. But hey, you guys fly your flag of bigotry high, for all I care.
    Does the argument of defining current political party philosophy with the philosophy of a couple of generations ago actually work?
    Kakistocracy n. (kak·is·toc·ra·cy / kækɪsˈtɑkɹəsi) Government by the worst persons; a form of government in which the worst persons are in power.

4. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Goodman View Post
    Bull Connor was a sheriff, wasn't he? Yup, a rock ribbed conservative Democrat sheriff..
    Come on man, this isn't ****ing rocket science.

At lease get your facts straight.

Theophilus Eugene Connor, known as Bull Connor (July 11, 1897 – March 10, 1973) was an American politician who served as an elected Commissioner of Public Safety for the city of Birmingham, Alabama, for more than two decades. He strongly opposed activities of the American Civil Rights Movement in the 1960s. Under the city commission government, Connor had responsibility for administrative oversight of the Birmingham Fire Department and the Birmingham Police Department, which also had their own chiefs.
    Liberals believe that a woman found raped and murdered is morally superior to one with a dead rapist at her feet and a gun in her hands.

6. Sponsored Links

"Common Law" would have been historically accurate and what Sessions should have said. If it were anybody else, a slip like "Anglo-American law", even in the context of the current ethnic cleansing efforts, would probably have gotten a pass. But Jefferson Beauregard has a long public history of overt racism, so he doesn't get that pass.

Kinda funny, right? You don't have to read very far that Sessions has been in the conservative doghouse for awhile now because Sessions has been in Trump's doghouse. Lots of calls from the conservative rabble for Sessions to wake up, lots of derogatory memes because memes are the preferred information medium for conservatives. Basically conservatives want Sessions gone because they back up Trump.

But all it takes is for another incident of Sessions doing or saying something racist and they forget they were supposed to be hating on him and come running back to defend that Keebler Elf lookin' ************.
    The real racists are liberals who keep up with this kind of crap by turning "common" language into a racial slur, its like liberals have racism on the mind and not much else between their ears.

8. Sponsored Links

9. Likes ctherc, pennysworth liked this post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roxiebell View Post
    The real racists are liberals who keep up with this kind of crap by turning "common" language into a racial slur, its like liberals have racism on the mind and not much else between their ears.
    libs snicker when they read posts like yours (and min) and cackle
    ".... Heh heh heh.... but what are ya gonna do about it, my pretty?"
    The greatest threat to progressive liberalism is the free and open exchange of ideas.

11. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by vaard View Post
    And it was the Anglo-american justice system that the founders rebeled against.....
    "The rule of law is a bedrock principle of Anglo–American jurisprudence. It stands for the belief that all—including government officials—are subject to the law and not above it. America’s Founding Fathers understood this principle, and the Constitution reflects it in two ways. First, instead of placing the legislative, executive, and judicial powers in one person, the Constitution divides federal power among three distinct but coordinate branches. Second, Article VI of the Constitution requires all federal officeholders to take an oath or affirmation to “support” the Constitution. Together, these provisions were intended to ensure that ours remains “a government of laws, and not of men.”
    Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. (1 Cranch) 137, 163 (1803).
    Brennan on evidence of collusion: "I don't do evidence"

13. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vaard View Post
    And it was the Anglo-american justice system that the founders rebeled against.....
    No it wasn't.
    The greatest threat to progressive liberalism is the free and open exchange of ideas.

15. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by markdido View Post
    Come on man, this isn't ****ing rocket science.

At lease get your facts straight.
    Thanks for the correction. Bull Connor was a rock ribbed conservative Democrat who had oversight of the Birmingham Fire Department and the Birmingham Police Department.

17. Sponsored Links

There's no way a man long accused of being racist-- dating all the way back to Coretta Scott-King-- meant something racist here.

19. Sponsored Links

For what it's worth, he clearly isn't lying. Given police originally starting as slave patrols in this country, the enforcement of Jim Crow laws during the 19th and 20th century, the lack of arrests in thousands of lynchings, the brutal response to civilians participating in the civil rights movement, the countless clips of 21st century officers either killung or brutalizing unarmed black people, etc...

The office of sheriff is a critical part of the Anglo American heritage of 'law enforcement'-- but you guys get pissed and can't understand what would lead someone to say "Black Lives Matter"

21. Sponsored Links

22. Likes jezcoe, Reinaert liked this post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jezcoe View Post
    Sure.

That still doesn't mean that it isn't unintentionally hilarious whenever Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III speaks of "muh heritage"

Because I, unlike a lot of people that you view as being on the "left" don't think that Sessions is an outright racist. I think that his views are a little more complicated and are a product of the time that he grew up in.

So, knowing that there is a large contingent of the the American people who fairly or unfairly thinks that he is a raving lunatic racist ( I don't think any of those things... I just think that he is wrong on a great deal of issues) is it unintentionally hilarious to see the various sides break out their dictionaries and pretend that what he was talking about was known all along by all people.

As I said... if he had said "Anglo American Legal Tradition" then it wouldn't be nearly as funny.
    The fact you and your ilk see the racist boogeyman in everything a republican or conservative does is well known and the rest of us aren't going to surrender the whole of the language and history in order to conform to your own inherent prejudices.

What Sessions said was 100% accurate a wholly appropriate whether you can admit it or not.
    Don't Blame Me I voted for Cruz! Without the 1st & 2nd Amendments the rest of The Constitution is meaningless
    THE DEFICIT

24. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

You mean "conservative". Back then, the Democrats were very, very conservative.
    There is nothing the least bit compatible in slavery, racism and conservatism but if you feel some need to be the purveyor of such lies in order to satisfy some inner need none of us is going to stand in your way.

The facts however will never support such a contention and we'll keep shooting it down and laughing at you every time you repeat it.
    Don't Blame Me I voted for Cruz! Without the 1st & 2nd Amendments the rest of The Constitution is meaningless
    THE DEFICIT

26. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Bull Connor was a sheriff, wasn't he? Yup, a rock ribbed conservative Democrat sheriff..
    Bull Connor took office about three hundred years after the first Sheriff's in Massachusetts and NY and he wasn't even a Sheriff.

You're batting 000 today right in line with your average.
    Last edited by WildRose; February 13th, 2018 at 4:14 pm.
    THE DEFICIT

28. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
    The fact you and your ilk see the racist boogeyman in everything a republican or conservative does is well known and the rest of us aren't going to surrender the whole of the language and history in order to conform to your own inherent prejudices.

What Sessions said was 100% accurate a wholly appropriate whether you can admit it or not.
    You are missing my point my man.

When I say I found it unintentionally hilarious... things like this thread and your vociferous use of a dictionary to defend what is a pretty stupid thing to have to defend is exactly what I am talking about.

The entire situation is very very funny.

You don't have to think so.

This will be the last I post on this so when you come back with a sweeping statement about an "ilk" of some sort or stating the denotation of something without any reference to a connotation you can claim an internet victory.

You are welcome.
    Kakistocracy n. (kak·is·toc·ra·cy / kækɪsˈtɑkɹəsi) Government by the worst persons; a form of government in which the worst persons are in power.

30. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roxiebell View Post
    If they could commonly find actual cases of racism they wouldn't have to make up this kind of garbage to feed their hate.
    THE DEFICIT

32. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jezcoe View Post
    You are missing my point my man.

When I say I found it unintentionally hilarious... things like this thread and your vociferous use of a dictionary to defend what is a pretty stupid thing to have to defend is exactly what I am talking about.

The entire situation is very very funny.

You don't have to think so.

This will be the last I post on this so when you come back with a sweeping statement about an "ilk" of some sort or stating the denotation of something without any reference to a connotation you can claim an internet victory.

You are welcome.
    You have no actual point, you're just feeding your own inner hate monster.
    THE DEFICIT

34. Sponsored Links