Sessions Is A Proud Racist - Page 8

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Default Sessions Is A Proud Racist

And he's no longer hiding it. Sessions was speaking to the National Sheriff's Association this morning and complimented them for their work in preserving Anglo-American heritage. Sorry Jeffrey but law enforcement does not serve the purpose you think they do and if your statement is even remotely true then it's time for a constitutional driven change.

"I want to thank every sheriff in America. Since our founding, the independently elected sheriff has been the people's protector, who keeps law enforcement close to and accountable to people through the elected process," Sessions said in remarks at the National Sheriffs Association winter meeting, adding, "The office of sheriff is a critical part of the Anglo-American heritage of law enforcement."
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/12/polit...ent/index.html

2. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...-own-ignorance

Here’s Senator Obama in 2006, arguing in favor of habeas corpus on the Senate floor:

"The world is watching what we do today in America. They will know what we do here today, and they will treat all of us accordingly in the future—our soldiers, our diplomats, our journalists, anybody who travels beyond these borders. I hope we remember this as we go forward. I sincerely hope we can protect what has been called the “great writ”—a writ that has been in place in the Anglo-American legal system for over 700 years."
    Racist bastard!
    Last edited by markdido; February 13th, 2018 at 11:18 am.
    Liberals believe that a woman found raped and murdered is morally superior to one with a dead rapist at her feet and a gun in her hands.

4. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Goodman View Post
    "Common Law" would have been historically accurate and what Sessions should have said. If it were anybody else, a slip like "Anglo-American law", even in the context of the current ethnic cleansing efforts, would probably have gotten a pass. But Jefferson Beauregard has a long public history of overt racism, so he doesn't get that pass.

Kinda funny, right? You don't have to read very far that Sessions has been in the conservative doghouse for awhile now because Sessions has been in Trump's doghouse. Lots of calls from the conservative rabble for Sessions to wake up, lots of derogatory memes because memes are the preferred information medium for conservatives. Basically conservatives want Sessions gone because they back up Trump.

But all it takes is for another incident of Sessions doing or saying something racist and they forget they were supposed to be hating on him and come running back to defend that Keebler Elf lookin' ************.
    There's nothing the least bit racist in his statement and it is absolutely 100% accurate historically.
    NRA Certified Instructor, RSO, CRSO. If you want to learn about the NRA? Ask me.
    Without the 1st & 2nd Amendments the rest of The Constitution is meaningless
    Don't blame me, I voted for Cruz!

6. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roxiebell View Post
    It’s the proper term for the type of law enforcement practiced in the United States which is adopted from the British form of law enforcement. It’s historically correct verbiage and has nothing to do with racism, unless of course you’re a racist liberal attempting to use it for political purposes.
    If he would have said "Anglo American Legal Tradition" it wouldn't be as uontentionally hilarious.

But he didn't.... so it is.

8. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by markdido View Post
    Outrage born of ignorance and prejudice is the norm rather than the exception on the left these days.
    NRA Certified Instructor, RSO, CRSO. If you want to learn about the NRA? Ask me.

10. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
    There's nothing the least bit racist in his statement and it is absolutely 100% accurate historically.
    American law enforcment is derived from slave patrols in the service of white male supremacy, and the South will rise again thanks to today's GOP.

Equally as historically accurate.

12. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jezcoe View Post
    If he would have said "Anglo American Legal Tradition" it wouldn't be as uontentionally hilarious.

But he didn't.... so it is.
    US Sheriffs just like the historic counterparts the English Shire Reeves are engaged in law enforcement not the making of or adjudication of law.

14. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dacarlo View Post
    buuuuuuuut
    But what?
    Liberals believe that a woman found raped and murdered is morally superior to one with a dead rapist at her feet and a gun in her hands.

16. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

American law enforcment is derived from slave patrols in the service of white male supremacy, and the South will rise again thanks to today's GOP.

Oh bull ****, we had law enforcement in the US before we had slaves and we've always had law enforcement that had nothing to do with slavery at all.

18. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
    US Sheriffs just like the historic counterparts the English Shire Reeves are engaged in law enforcement not the making of or adjudication of law.
    Sure.

That still doesn't mean that it isn't unintentionally hilarious whenever Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III speaks of "muh heritage"

Because I, unlike a lot of people that you view as being on the "left" don't think that Sessions is an outright racist. I think that his views are a little more complicated and are a product of the time that he grew up in.

So, knowing that there is a large contingent of the the American people who fairly or unfairly thinks that he is a raving lunatic racist ( I don't think any of those things... I just think that he is wrong on a great deal of issues) is it unintentionally hilarious to see the various sides break out their dictionaries and pretend that what he was talking about was known all along by all people.

As I said... if he had said "Anglo American Legal Tradition" then it wouldn't be nearly as funny.
    Kakistocracy n. (kak·is·toc·ra·cy / kækɪsˈtɑkɹəsi) Government by the worst persons; a form of government in which the worst persons are in power.

20. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Sikofit View Post
    And he's no longer hiding it. Sessions was speaking to the National Sheriff's Association this morning and complimented them for their work in preserving Anglo-American heritage. Sorry Jeffrey but law enforcement does not serve the purpose you think they do and if your statement is even remotely true then it's time for a constitutional driven change.

"I want to thank every sheriff in America. Since our founding, the independently elected sheriff has been the people's protector, who keeps law enforcement close to and accountable to people through the elected process," Sessions said in remarks at the National Sheriffs Association winter meeting, adding, "The office of sheriff is a critical part of the Anglo-American heritage of law enforcement."
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/12/polit...ent/index.html
    Our founders were heavily influenced by British justice system. So why is it somehow racist to acknowledge that our nation's laws and legal system are based upon the Anglo-American heritage?
    If you are a liberal progressive, click below:
    http://forums.hannity.com/image.php?...ine=1495832717

22. Sponsored Links

Nope, that would be the proud Democratic Party tradition of racism and bigotry.

Why anyone would call themselves a Democrat after knowing of their disgusting history, is beyond me. But hey, you guys fly your flag of bigotry high, for all I care.
    If you are a liberal progressive, click below:
    http://forums.hannity.com/image.php?...ine=1495832717

24. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HeadOnStraight View Post
    Nope, that would be the proud Democratic Party tradition of racism and bigotry.

Why anyone would call themselves a Democrat after knowing of their disgusting history, is beyond me. But hey, you guys fly your flag of bigotry high, for all I care.
    You mean "conservative". Back then, the Democrats were very, very conservative.

26. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Bull Connor was a sheriff, wasn't he? Yup, a rock ribbed conservative Democrat sheriff..

28. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by HeadOnStraight View Post
    Our founders were heavily influenced by British justice system. So why is it somehow racist to acknowledge that our nation's laws and legal system are based upon the Anglo-American heritage?
    Because a white male Republican said it, and because people are hypersensitive to the point of absurdity. Fun times.

30. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    Because a white male Republican said it, and because people are hypersensitive to the point of absurdity. Fun times.
    A white male Republican with a long history of overt racism said it. That's why he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt.

32. Sponsored Links