Sessions Is A Proud Racist - Page 12

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Default Sessions Is A Proud Racist

And he's no longer hiding it. Sessions was speaking to the National Sheriff's Association this morning and complimented them for their work in preserving Anglo-American heritage. Sorry Jeffrey but law enforcement does not serve the purpose you think they do and if your statement is even remotely true then it's time for a constitutional driven change.

"I want to thank every sheriff in America. Since our founding, the independently elected sheriff has been the people's protector, who keeps law enforcement close to and accountable to people through the elected process," Sessions said in remarks at the National Sheriffs Association winter meeting, adding, "The office of sheriff is a critical part of the Anglo-American heritage of law enforcement."
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/12/polit...ent/index.html

2. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by BigBear View Post
    Of all the dip**** things I've read here, that one just really made me laugh.
    Look, Johnson said passing civil rights legislation was going to lose the South for the Democratic Party for a generation, and he's been proved exactly right. A generation, at a minimum.

Come on now, completely explicit racism hasn't been too cool for a little while, so Republicans have been using code, with bits like the infamous Willy Horton ad, or Reagan's "Welfare Queen" gambit.
    You mean the *** Bill of 1957?

4. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sikofit View Post
    And he's no longer hiding it. Sessions was speaking to the National Sheriff's Association this morning and complimented them for their work in preserving Anglo-American heritage. Sorry Jeffrey but law enforcement does not serve the purpose you think they do and if your statement is even remotely true then it's time for a constitutional driven change.

"I want to thank every sheriff in America. Since our founding, the independently elected sheriff has been the people's protector, who keeps law enforcement close to and accountable to people through the elected process," Sessions said in remarks at the National Sheriffs Association winter meeting, adding, "The office of sheriff is a critical part of the Anglo-American heritage of law enforcement."
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/12/polit...ent/index.html
    There are scores of better examples to support the assertion.

It's a characteristic that helped him get the job in the first place. AN endearing quality.

Sweet irony his appointed helped kick start the special counsel.
    The Eagle has landed. That "Love thy neighbor" thing ... I meant that. -God
    A free market was never meant to be a free license to take whatever you can get, however you can get it.

6. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky SF Dude View Post
    What doubt?
    If someone who didn't have a long history of being an overt racist said those words, then they get the benefit of the doubt, like "OK, that could have been worded better. Should have used "common law".

Sessions doesn't get that benefit. It's OK, tomorrow all the Republicans can go back to hating on Jeff Sessions for bungling the conspiracy to keep Russian contacts a secret and not locking her up.

8. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Goodman View Post
    If someone who didn't have a long history of being an overt racist said those words, then they get the benefit of the doubt, like "OK, that could have been worded better. Should have used "common law".

Sessions doesn't get that benefit. It's OK, tomorrow all the Republicans can go back to hating on Jeff Sessions for bungling the conspiracy to keep Russian contacts a secret and not locking her up.
    There is no doubt. What he said is a fact.

10. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

There is no doubt. What he said is a fact.
    In the context of what he was saying and whom he was saying it to, American law enforcement being derived from slave patrols in the pursuit of white supremacy would have been completely factual.

It's OK, we all see it. All the Republicans hate on Sessions until he says something that's at least racially questionable (again, a benefit of the doubt he doesn't get) and then they all "rally" (see what I did there? wink wink, nudge nudge...rally, get it?) around him.

Tomorrow it will be back to hating on Sessions for being the one who really kick started the investigations into the Trump campaign for getting caught lying and exposing the Trump conspiracy to deny Russian contacts.

12. Sponsored Links

In the context of what he was saying and whom he was saying it to, American law enforcement being derived from slave patrols in the pursuit of white supremacy would have been completely factual.

It's OK, we all see it. All the Republicans hate on Sessions until he says something that's at least racially questionable (again, a benefit of the doubt he doesn't get) and then they all "rally" (see what I did there? wink wink, nudge nudge...rally, get it?) around him.

Tomorrow it will be back to hating on Sessions for being the one who really kick started the investigations into the Trump campaign for getting caught lying and exposing the Trump conspiracy to deny Russian contacts.
    That lie has already been addressed. Have a nice night.

14. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

lemme guess.... you are from the south and feel guilt that there may be a little kkk home guard hidden in your family's past.

Where I grew up, the underground railroad was strong, and John Brown felt safe enough to plan his raid.
    The greatest threat to progressive liberalism is the free and open exchange of ideas.

16. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by call me ishmael View Post
    lemme guess.... you are from the south and feel guilt that there may be a little kkk home guard hidden in your family's past.

Where I grew up, the underground railroad was strong, and John Brown felt safe enough to plan his raid.
    There was no Underground Railroad (which is capitalized on American spell checkers) in Moscow, comrade.

18. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

All,wrapped up in a neat little package of denial.

20. Sponsored Links

The left will never give up on claiming Republicans are racists. Never, ever.

But this is funny. Earlier in this thread a poster quoted Obama from when he was a Senator, and used the term the left is all in a lather about regarding Sessions. But it wasn't the only time Obama did so. Here he says it in 2009 in a story about closing Gitmo.

Obama would not say whether it could be achieved within the first 100 days of his term, citing the challenge of creating a balanced process "that adheres to rule of law, habeas corpus, basic principles of Anglo-American legal system, but doing it in a way that doesn't result in releasing people who are intent on blowing us up.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/obama-w...o-close-gitmo/
    Trump 2013: Leadership: Whatever happens, you're responsible. If it doesn't happen, you're responsible.

22. Sponsored Links

23. Likes Dacarlo liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by 7Sins View Post
    Senator Obama

The world is watching what we do today in America. They will know what we do here today, and they will treat all of us accordingly in the future—our soldiers, our diplomats, our journalists, anybody who travels beyond these borders. I hope we remember this as we go forward. I sincerely hope we can protect what has been called the "great writ"—a writ that has been in place in the Anglo-American legal system for over 700 years.

Mr. President, this should not be a difficult vote. I hope we pass this amendment because I think it is the only way to make sure this underlying bill preserves all the great traditions of our legal system and our way of life.

I yield the floor.
    And the left is tripling down on "sessions is a racist" even though we've provided a couple of examples of Obama using the same phrase.
    Trump 2013: Leadership: Whatever happens, you're responsible. If it doesn't happen, you're responsible.

25. Sponsored Links

26. Likes Dacarlo liked this post

All,wrapped up in a neat little package of denial.
    You have neen corrected with links. I believe it was Wild Rose.

28. Sponsored Links

There was no Underground Railroad (which is capitalized on American spell checkers) in Moscow, comrade.
    Yes there was.

30. Sponsored Links

Even the linked article explained the concept of "Anglo American heritage", including the origin of the word "sherriff", from Anglo Saxon English, meaning guardian of the county.

Sessions clarifies his use of this term through the concept of keeping law enforcement accountable through the election process.

The U S Constitution and its principles are originated, at least in part, from the Magna Carta, no?

I'm not seeing racism here.

The original immigrants were Anglo Saxons looking to live out their own religion, and the colonists rebelled until they were free of the Crown, but England and the U S share some commonalities.

Now if the Mexican heritage of our food changes, THAT will be considered racist.

32. Sponsored Links

The whole "derived from slave patrols" thing is not true either for most of the country. The first quasi police entities in the north developed as night watchmen in places like Boston. In the South there were things like slave patrols but only in the south.

The first true police force was again in Boston in 1838 and had nothing to do with slave patrols.

This whole slave patrol thing is just something that race baiters like to generalize to all police agencies in America when it was strictly a regional thing,

34. Sponsored Links