The obamas Official Portraits Unveiled..... Your Thoughts?? - Page 23

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Default The obamas Official Portraits Unveiled..... Your Thoughts??

So, they had a ceremony at the National Portrait Gallery today and the obamas were in attendance as their likenesses were made public.

Thoughts on the work??
    Come Visit Beautiful, Scenic Jonestown

2. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Guvnah View Post
    Maybe this has already been addressed. (I'm still catching up here.)

Pine trees get flowers. Not like those you see in your garden, but flowers nonetheless. That's where pine cones come from. (And that's where all the yellow pollen that covers your car in May comes from.)
    Yea, technically gymnosperms don't have flowers. They have male cones (usually small) and female cones (usually larger) which are different in structure from flowers.

The gymnosperms produce 'bare seeds' in the cone, as apposed to flowering plants producing a fruit, which bears the seed.

You are correct about the pollen, and I was wrong in generalizing evergreens with ferns and such.

4. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by gimpmaker View Post
    Meh, I don't get all excited when a man lives like he should. I have no respect for Obama, but then again there are very few politicians I've ever respected. I have a major problem with liars and all pols are liars.
    Trump is a childish *******.
    I enjoy analyzing hyper hypocrisy. It often gets confused with adoration of the opposite. Especially here.
    "Let me tell you: You take on the intelligence community — they have six ways from Sunday at getting back at you." Chuckie Schumer

6. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by ohknow35 View Post
    So, they had a ceremony at the National Portrait Gallery today and the obamas were in attendance as their likenesses were made public.

Thoughts on the work??
    I like the one of President Obama much better than the one of First Lady Michelle, but I think it is the bent towards monotone shading of her portrait that leaves me a bit less than enthusiastic about the painting.

They seemed pleased with them, so that is good, if they weren't then at least they made it seem so. Very diplomatic.
    Only an unwitting jackass would say that I believe a raped and murdered woman to be morally superior to a woman, gun in hand, with a dead rapist at her feet.

8. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ExDem View Post
    Was it a showing of all his portraits of blacks decapitating whites? I am sure it was VERY impressive.
    Triggered so easily these days.
    Kakistocracy n. (kak·is·toc·ra·cy / kækɪsˈtɑkɹəsi) Government by the worst persons; a form of government in which the worst persons are in power.

10. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

That was pretty crazy. The "Obama has sperm on his head" was created in a 4chan chat room by white supremacists and it was up on hannity.com in like 4 hours before being taken down. That's not a good look.

12. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Goodman View Post
    That was pretty crazy. The "Obama has sperm on his head" was created in a 4chan chat room by white supremacists and it was up on hannity.com in like 4 hours before being taken down. That's not a good look.
    Things are so crazy on the right these days, it's so weird.

14. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

This whole thing reminds me of the uproar when Common performed at the White House and the CEC tried to paint him as a hard core gangta rapper.
    Kakistocracy n. (kak·is·toc·ra·cy / kækɪsˈtɑkɹəsi) Government by the worst persons; a form of government in which the worst persons are in power.

16. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Goodman View Post
    I only just now read about this on Buzzfeed. Bizzare.
    You're messin' with the wrong wolf, baby/Darkness gonna break your light - ​Dorothy, "Missile"

18. Sponsored Links

Obama looks like he is going potty outside in a bunch of weeds, oh wait...........................perfect!!!

Michelle ma belle doesn't even look like herself, oh wait...........................................per fect!

It's literally a perfect illustration of shameless LIBERALISM and will end up the PNL portraits among all the other portraits and a permanent reminder of the "historic" foolishness and mistake of the 2008/2012 electorate.

JMO!

20. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Roxiebell View Post
    Obama looks like he is going potty outside in a bunch of weeds, oh wait...........................perfect!!!

Michelle ma belle doesn't even look like herself, oh wait...........................................per fect!

It's literally a perfect illustration of shameless LIBERALISM and will end up the PNL portraits among all the other portraits and a permanent reminder of the "historic" foolishness and mistake of the 2008/2012 electorate.

JMO!
    In another thread today we have people posting that republicans weren't petty with Obama like they are with Trump.

Thanks for posting that.

22. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by ohknow35 View Post

Thoughts on the work??
    I Googled the artist, and wow. I'm not surprised the 0bamas chose him, not in the least.
    If you are a liberal progressive, click below:
    http://forums.hannity.com/image.php?...ine=1495832717

24. Sponsored Links

Don't like the portraits at all

26. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HeadOnStraight View Post
    I Googled the artist, and wow. I'm not surprised the 0bamas chose him, not in the least.
    Yeah I'm real sure you just happened to Google the artist. Lol.

28. Sponsored Links

My thoughts on the Obama's portraits, A portrait should draw the viewers attention to the face of the subject, and invite closer study. Neither painting does that very effectively in this instance.

30. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HeadOnStraight View Post
    I'm sure D0nald will choose one that best showcases his Rubenesque proportions.
    You're messin' with the wrong wolf, baby/Darkness gonna break your light - ​Dorothy, "Missile"

32. Sponsored Links