The obamas Official Portraits Unveiled..... Your Thoughts?? - Page 21

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 374
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Birdland!!
    Posts
    20,546
    Rep Power
    15

    Default The obamas Official Portraits Unveiled..... Your Thoughts??

    So, they had a ceremony at the National Portrait Gallery today and the obamas were in attendance as their likenesses were made public.

    Thoughts on the work??
    Come Visit Beautiful, Scenic Jonestown

  2. Sponsored Links


  3. #301
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    43,299
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gimpmaker View Post
    I think the same with all the attacks on trumps appearance. I noticed you didn't call out any of those people in this thread making fun of him.
    Perhaps because trump always attacks people based on appearance.
    Trump supporters have space bugs in their heads. It is the only explanation.

  4. Sponsored Links


  5. #302
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Birdland!!
    Posts
    20,546
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kate View Post
    unlikeness aside
    I don’t get it... must be too “cool” for me
    Originally I was gonna say something mean and nasty about barry's, but I decided to just get other people's opinions and see how the thread played out.

    As I've seen it more and read other people's thoughts, I decided that what I really think is this. barry's portrait seems not only odd with the flowers/vines in the background, but it also gives the appearance of him being a kid on timeout. michelle's portrait is interesting. The only thing I think stands out to me is that the color scheme reminds me of a page from a store circular that wants you to redecorate a room.

    I'm no art critic, but I don't think either one is a masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination.
    Come Visit Beautiful, Scenic Jonestown

  6. Sponsored Links


  7. #303
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Birdland!!
    Posts
    20,546
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctherc View Post
    Here's another piece from the artist..............a black woman beheading a white woman with an Arabian knife? Should we be surprised that the obamas would pick this artist to paint their portraits?




    https://truepundit.com/obama-portrai...d-white-women/
    Holy ****!!!!
    Come Visit Beautiful, Scenic Jonestown

  8. Sponsored Links


  9. #304
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    43,299
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaughtInTheMiddle View Post
    took a while but i finally found the pic of them that i thought was cool. here you go...


    Reminds you of the trumps, doesn't it?
    Trump supporters have space bugs in their heads. It is the only explanation.

  10. Sponsored Links


  11. #305
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    664
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ohknow35 View Post
    Originally I was gonna say something mean and nasty about barry's, but I decided to just get other people's opinions and see how the thread played out.

    As I've seen it more and read other people's thoughts, I decided that what I really think is this. barry's portrait seems not only odd with the flowers/vines in the background, but it also gives the appearance of him being a kid on timeout. michelle's portrait is interesting. The only thing I think stands out to me is that the color scheme reminds me of a page from a store circular that wants you to redecorate a room.

    I'm no art critic, but I don't think either one is a masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination.
    What's really sad is Obama either has 6 fingers on his left hand or 5 fingers and no thumb

  12. Sponsored Links


  13. #306
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    West Georgia
    Posts
    7,206
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LucyLou View Post
    Gotcha and mucho hugs.
    Right backatcha!

  14. Sponsored Links


  15. #307
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    25,085
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    Eh, I'm perfectly calm. I'm just not tempering my posts because I'm fighting an annoying cold.
    I hear ya. I've been here all day because I've been sidelined by either a very bad cold or the flu. I think it's flu. Sucks!

  16. Sponsored Links


  17. #308
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    152,466
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LucyLou View Post
    I hear ya. I've been here all day because I've been sidelined by either a very bad cold or the flu. I think it's flu. Sucks!
    Tamiflu is a miracle drug. Combine it with high doses of zinc and vitamin C and you'll think you've discovered a miracle.
    NRA Certified Instructor, RSO, CRSO. If you want to learn about the NRA? Ask me.
    Without the 1st & 2nd Amendments the rest of The Constitution is meaningless
    Don't blame me, I voted for Cruz!

  18. Sponsored Links


  19. #309
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    25,085
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
    Tamiflu is a miracle drug. Combine it with high doses of zinc and vitamin C and you'll think you've discovered a miracle.
    I was just thinking earlier today that I wished I had thought to ask for tamiflu 3 days ago when I thought I was getting a cold.

  20. Sponsored Links


  21. #310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reflechissez View Post
    Reminds you of the trumps, doesn't it?
    I like the one where she's totally P O ed at his flirting and taking selfies with the Danish Prime Minister.

  22. Sponsored Links


  23. #311
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    152,466
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LucyLou View Post
    I was just thinking earlier today that I wished I had thought to ask for tamiflu 3 days ago when I thought I was getting a cold.
    If i remember right you have 3 days from the onset of fever symptoms to get on it and have it do you any good.
    NRA Certified Instructor, RSO, CRSO. If you want to learn about the NRA? Ask me.
    Without the 1st & 2nd Amendments the rest of The Constitution is meaningless
    Don't blame me, I voted for Cruz!

  24. Sponsored Links


  25. #312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drawz View Post
    Poison ivy doesn't have flowers, does it?
    Poison ivy itself doesn't but it usually grows mixed in with other plants. Besides, I didn't notice the flowers at first, the postage stamp sized image on my phone was a bit small for me to see all of the detail.

  26. Sponsored Links


  27. #313
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    The Republic
    Posts
    164,480
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    Originally Posted by dianeinwa
    Oh yes I am near death over here. lol
    Teenage! oh yeah I forgot 26 is the new 18.

    Are you drunk?
    Sounds about right. 30 is probably closer.

  28. Sponsored Links


  29. #314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reflechissez View Post
    Reminds you of the trumps, doesn't it?
    as a couple, the Obamas and the Trumps couldn't be more different. i think even most Trump supporters get that.

  30. Sponsored Links


  31. #315
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    8,961
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gimpmaker View Post
    I think the same with all the attacks on trumps appearance. I noticed you didn't call out any of those people in this thread making fun of him.
    Point taken but I’m not going to worry about defending someone from attacks on his appearance when Trump attacks people’s appearance all the time. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

  32. Sponsored Links


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •