The obamas Official Portraits Unveiled..... Your Thoughts?? - Page 21

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Default The obamas Official Portraits Unveiled..... Your Thoughts??

So, they had a ceremony at the National Portrait Gallery today and the obamas were in attendance as their likenesses were made public.

Thoughts on the work??
    Come Visit Beautiful, Scenic Jonestown

2. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by gimpmaker View Post
    I think the same with all the attacks on trumps appearance. I noticed you didn't call out any of those people in this thread making fun of him.
    Perhaps because trump always attacks people based on appearance.
    Trump supporters have space bugs in their heads. It is the only explanation.

4. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by kate View Post
    unlikeness aside
    I don’t get it... must be too “cool” for me
    Originally I was gonna say something mean and nasty about barry's, but I decided to just get other people's opinions and see how the thread played out.

As I've seen it more and read other people's thoughts, I decided that what I really think is this. barry's portrait seems not only odd with the flowers/vines in the background, but it also gives the appearance of him being a kid on timeout. michelle's portrait is interesting. The only thing I think stands out to me is that the color scheme reminds me of a page from a store circular that wants you to redecorate a room.

I'm no art critic, but I don't think either one is a masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination.

6. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by ctherc View Post
    Here's another piece from the artist..............a black woman beheading a white woman with an Arabian knife? Should we be surprised that the obamas would pick this artist to paint their portraits?

https://truepundit.com/obama-portrai...d-white-women/
    Holy ****!!!!

8. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by CaughtInTheMiddle View Post
    took a while but i finally found the pic of them that i thought was cool. here you go...

Reminds you of the trumps, doesn't it?
    Trump supporters have space bugs in their heads. It is the only explanation.

10. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by ohknow35 View Post
    Originally I was gonna say something mean and nasty about barry's, but I decided to just get other people's opinions and see how the thread played out.

As I've seen it more and read other people's thoughts, I decided that what I really think is this. barry's portrait seems not only odd with the flowers/vines in the background, but it also gives the appearance of him being a kid on timeout. michelle's portrait is interesting. The only thing I think stands out to me is that the color scheme reminds me of a page from a store circular that wants you to redecorate a room.

I'm no art critic, but I don't think either one is a masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination.
    What's really sad is Obama either has 6 fingers on his left hand or 5 fingers and no thumb

12. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by LucyLou View Post
    Gotcha and mucho hugs.
    Right backatcha!

14. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    Eh, I'm perfectly calm. I'm just not tempering my posts because I'm fighting an annoying cold.
    I hear ya. I've been here all day because I've been sidelined by either a very bad cold or the flu. I think it's flu. Sucks!

16. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

I hear ya. I've been here all day because I've been sidelined by either a very bad cold or the flu. I think it's flu. Sucks!
    Tamiflu is a miracle drug. Combine it with high doses of zinc and vitamin C and you'll think you've discovered a miracle.
    NRA Certified Instructor, RSO, CRSO. If you want to learn about the NRA? Ask me.
    Without the 1st & 2nd Amendments the rest of The Constitution is meaningless
    Don't blame me, I voted for Cruz!

18. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
    Tamiflu is a miracle drug. Combine it with high doses of zinc and vitamin C and you'll think you've discovered a miracle.
    I was just thinking earlier today that I wished I had thought to ask for tamiflu 3 days ago when I thought I was getting a cold.

20. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by reflechissez View Post
    I like the one where she's totally P O ed at his flirting and taking selfies with the Danish Prime Minister.

22. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

I was just thinking earlier today that I wished I had thought to ask for tamiflu 3 days ago when I thought I was getting a cold.
    If i remember right you have 3 days from the onset of fever symptoms to get on it and have it do you any good.
    NRA Certified Instructor, RSO, CRSO. If you want to learn about the NRA? Ask me.
    Without the 1st & 2nd Amendments the rest of The Constitution is meaningless
    Don't blame me, I voted for Cruz!

24. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Drawz View Post
    Poison ivy doesn't have flowers, does it?
    Poison ivy itself doesn't but it usually grows mixed in with other plants. Besides, I didn't notice the flowers at first, the postage stamp sized image on my phone was a bit small for me to see all of the detail.

26. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    Originally Posted by dianeinwa
    Oh yes I am near death over here. lol
    Teenage! oh yeah I forgot 26 is the new 18.

Are you drunk?
    Sounds about right. 30 is probably closer.

28. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by reflechissez View Post
    as a couple, the Obamas and the Trumps couldn't be more different. i think even most Trump supporters get that.

30. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gimpmaker View Post
    I think the same with all the attacks on trumps appearance. I noticed you didn't call out any of those people in this thread making fun of him.
    Point taken but I’m not going to worry about defending someone from attacks on his appearance when Trump attacks people’s appearance all the time. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

32. Sponsored Links