The obamas Official Portraits Unveiled..... Your Thoughts?? - Page 22

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Default The obamas Official Portraits Unveiled..... Your Thoughts??

So, they had a ceremony at the National Portrait Gallery today and the obamas were in attendance as their likenesses were made public.

Thoughts on the work??
    Come Visit Beautiful, Scenic Jonestown

2. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gimpmaker View Post
    I think its weak to make fun of people personally. But when people freak out over someone making fun of Obama while they continuously make fun of Trump its just to easy to call them on it.
    Don’t forget dianeinwa threw in an insult on a teenager. I haven’t seen you disavow that. Instead you defend dianeinwa. Odd that.

4. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dianeinwa View Post
    What causes you to "shudder" at people's appearances?
    Shuddering at the hypocrisy.

6. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Thanks, but I can speak for myself… its hard to take a hypocrite seriously.
    Clearly you don’t take Trump seriously then.

8. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
    Then call them out appropriately for doing same.
    I think the observation is Gimp rushed in to defend dianeinwa who was the one who attacked the teen in question. Gimp’s first thought was to address hypocrisy instead of the attack against the teen.

10. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by margaretms View Post
    Here's what I've been curious about: There's another portrait that will be done, which will (I think) be the official one at the White House.

When the Obamas hosted the Bushes for the unveiling of W's presidential portrait there, it was a warm, gracious, and affable event. Obama gave a wet kiss of a speech; the two couples seem to like each other, personally. The same was true when the Bushes hosted the Clintons.

Can we expect a similar scene if Trump hosts a ceremony for the Obamas? I am curious. Trump thinks that Obama is "sick"; that he's the founder of ISIS and that he's the "worst president in history," and all kinds of ridiculous calumnies that he still trots out on a regular basis. Also: Obama wasn't born in the US and illegally held the presidency as a non-citizen.

Now, all that could make for an awesome speech and reception to Obama, if Trump has the stones to give it.
    Would be a chance to talk candidly about the FBI and what was known at the very top from campaign to election to transition.

I am sure a good off the record talk would help clear the air. Trump and Obama are both charming statesman.

As far as the portraits? I find them to lack innovation and be uninspiring.

Victory is not won in miles but in inches.
    Win a little now, hold your ground, and later win a little more. Louis L'Amour.

12. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Borgia View Post
    Clearly you don’t take Trump seriously then.
    Ive never taken trump seriously. You really burned me.

I also said talking about kids is low… keep reading.

14. Sponsored Links

I think the observation is Gimp rushed in to defend dianeinwa who was the one who attacked the teen in question. Gimp’s first thought was to address hypocrisy instead of the attack against the teen.
    I didn't see her mention the kid at first. When I saw it I posted about it.
    Diane doesn't need my defense. Shes a big girl.
    I was simply calling out the hypocrisy of people freaking over Obama insults while in the same thread people are making fun of Trump. Its that simple.

16. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Ive never taken trump seriously. You really burned me.

I also said talking about kids is low… keep reading.
    Yes, I read that. My point was your first instinct was not to defend the child dianeinwa attacked but to defend dianeinwa. You spent countless posts running obstruction for her before you finally acknowledged her attack on a teen girl.

ETA: I see your post where you said you had not seen dianeinwa’s attack on the teen. Ok, fair enough. I’m sure you agree with me that dianeinwa’s attack was deplorable and reveals a lot about the character of someone who would denigrate the appearance of a teenager.
    Last edited by Borgia; February 13th, 2018 at 10:11 am.

18. Sponsored Links

Yes, I read that. My point was your first instinct was not to defend the child dianeinwa attacked but to defend dianeinwa. You spent countless posts running obstruction for her before you finally acknowledged her attack on a teen girl.

ETA: I see your post where you said you had not seen dianeinwa’s attack on the teen. Ok, fair enough. I’m sure you agree with me that dianeinwa’s attack was deplorable and reveals a lot about the character of someone who would denigrate the appearance of a teenager.
    Ive said I think it's low to pick on kids. I also noted the hypocrisy of people complaining about that attack while the attacks on the Bush girls went on in the media.
    I don't know why people have to go personal. It does nothing but divide and makes the person that attacks look petty. The media is the biggest culprit of them all.

20. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by blueapplepaste View Post
    I saw an exhibition by the artist who did Obama’s (his name slips my mind and too lazy to google).

His work is VERY impressive in person. It’s splendor is lost in photos. Definitely worth checking out if he does a show near you.

I find Michelle’s to be “meh”. But again could be that just looking at a photo and IRL would be different.
    Was it a showing of all his portraits of blacks decapitating whites? I am sure it was VERY impressive.

22. Sponsored Links

Both portraits are just an embarrassment. They look like paint on velvet schlock. Or paint by number. Just horrid!! Who could possibly think those are in any way fitting for the portrait gallery walls? Or any wall for that matter. SMH.

24. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Ive said I think it's low to pick on kids. I also noted the hypocrisy of people complaining about that attack while the attacks on the Bush girls went on in the media.
    I don't know why people have to go personal. It does nothing but divide and makes the person that attacks look petty. The media is the biggest culprit of them all.
    Agreed. I would add that our current President is modeling the behavior we despise. You may not agree with Obama’s policies but you have to admit he carried himself well and was an excellent role model as President.

26. Sponsored Links

Agreed. I would add that our current President is modeling the behavior we despise. You may not agree with Obama’s policies but you have to admit he carried himself well and was an excellent role model as President.
    Meh, I don't get all excited when a man lives like he should. I have no respect for Obama, but then again there are very few politicians I've ever respected. I have a major problem with liars and all pols are liars.
    Trump is a childish *******.

28. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by LucyLou View Post
    Those are the ferns and evergreens, which are more ancient plants, in that they haven't developed sexual reproduction. ...
    Maybe this has already been addressed. (I'm still catching up here.)

Pine trees get flowers. Not like those you see in your garden, but flowers nonetheless. That's where pine cones come from. (And that's where all the yellow pollen that covers your car in May comes from.)
    ... deliver us from evil.

30. Sponsored Links

Don’t forget dianeinwa threw in an insult on a teenager. I haven’t seen you disavow that. Instead you defend dianeinwa. Odd that.
    In 47 states, the age at which a person has the legal rights and responsibilities of an adult is 18. Stop with the fake teenage tag of a 19 yr old. This "teenager" can legally purchase cigarettes and smoke. Why? Because she is an adult. Teenagers can not.
    "Let me tell you: You take on the intelligence community — they have six ways from Sunday at getting back at you." Chuckie Schumer

32. Sponsored Links