The obamas Official Portraits Unveiled..... Your Thoughts??

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default The obamas Official Portraits Unveiled..... Your Thoughts??

So, they had a ceremony at the National Portrait Gallery today and the obamas were in attendance as their likenesses were made public.

Thoughts on the work??
    Come Visit Beautiful, Scenic Jonestown

2. Sponsored Links

Maybe someone can link a pic of the new portraits. I'm always bad at finding the correct size/format.
    Come Visit Beautiful, Scenic Jonestown

4. Sponsored Links

I like Barack's but I'm so-so on Michelle's. Can you put them in your OP?

6. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    Here's what I've been curious about: There's another portrait that will be done, which will (I think) be the official one at the White House.

When the Obamas hosted the Bushes for the unveiling of W's presidential portrait there, it was a warm, gracious, and affable event. Obama gave a wet kiss of a speech; the two couples seem to like each other, personally. The same was true when the Bushes hosted the Clintons.

Can we expect a similar scene if Trump hosts a ceremony for the Obamas? I am curious. Trump thinks that Obama is "sick"; that he's the founder of ISIS and that he's the "worst president in history," and all kinds of ridiculous calumnies that he still trots out on a regular basis. Also: Obama wasn't born in the US and illegally held the presidency as a non-citizen.

Now, all that could make for an awesome speech and reception to Obama, if Trump has the stones to give it.
    "The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering." -- Tom Waits

8. Sponsored Links

9. Likes Midwesterner, party-free liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by margaretms View Post
    Here's what I've been curious about: There's another portrait that will be done, which will (I think) be the official one at the White House.

When the Obamas hosted the Bushes for the unveiling of W's presidential portrait there, it was a warm, gracious, and affable event. Obama gave a wet kiss of a speech; the two couples seem to like each other, personally. The same was true when the Bushes hosted the Clintons.

Can we expect a similar scene if Trump hosts a ceremony for the Obamas? I am curious. Trump thinks that Obama is "sick"; that he's the founder of ISIS and that he's the "worst president in history," and all kinds of ridiculous calumnies that he still trots out on a regular basis. Also: Obama wasn't born in the US and illegally held the presidency as a non-citizen.

Now, all that could make for an awesome speech and reception to Obama, if Trump has the stones to give it.
    His deplorables would accept nothing less.

If he had his way, he would probably have Sessions and his wife made up in "Black Face". He would then have DBag Jr. make a portrait of that as his representation of the Obamas.

11. Sponsored Links

doubtfully the Obama's and Bushes are personal friends.
    If we allow politicians to succeed by scaring people, we donít actually end up any safer. Fear doesnít make us safer. It makes us weaker - Justin Trudeau Prime Minister of Canada.

13. Sponsored Links

Would be a chance to talk candidly about the FBI and what was known at the very top from campaign to election to transition.

I am sure a good off the record talk would help clear the air. Trump and Obama are both charming statesman.

As far as the portraits? I find them to lack innovation and be uninspiring.

Victory is not won in miles but in inches.
    Win a little now, hold your ground, and later win a little more. Louis L'Amour.

15. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    I don't like either. He tried to get too creative and cute. Both are a little strange. The Artist was trying too hard. It's like he was trying to emphasize himself rather than the President. He needs a do over.

17. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by altair1013 View Post
    I don't like either. He tried to get too creative and cute. Both are a little strange. The Artist was trying too hard. It's like he was trying to emphasize himself rather than the President. He needs a do over.
    You sound like you know a lot about art.
    Trump supporters have space bugs in their heads. It is the only explanation.

19. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by reflechissez View Post
    You sound like you know a lot about art.
    Actually, I don't really know much. Just an opinion from a rank amateur. But thanks for the complement.

21. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by altair1013 View Post
    Actually, I don't really know much. Just an opinion from a rank amateur. But thanks for the complement.
    It was sarcasm.
    Trump supporters have space bugs in their heads. It is the only explanation.

23. Sponsored Links

25. Sponsored Links

26. Likes FlameHeart liked this post

well at least they were painted by African Americans. however, they should have researched that dress more. I thought Gone With the Wind was racist.

28. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by shamrock View Post
    well at least they were painted by African Americans. however, they should have researched that dress more. I thought Gone With the Wind was racist.
    wow you lay that race card down faster than a person playing a draw 4 card in Uno

30. Sponsored Links

31. Likes Plasmaball liked this post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shamrock View Post
    well at least they were painted by African Americans. however, they should have researched that dress more.
    Michelle Obama is wearing a dress by designer Michelle Smithís label Milly, and the geometric colors were inspired by Piet Mondrian.

I thought Gone With the Wind was racist.
    You make a common error. Gone With the Wind isn't racist. It depicts characters in a racist environment.
    "Let joy and innocence prevail."
    "Everyone's important to somebody."
    "Sticks and stones may break bones, but words can break hearts."

33. Sponsored Links