The obamas Official Portraits Unveiled..... Your Thoughts??

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 374

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Birdland!!
    Posts
    20,517
    Rep Power
    15

    Default The obamas Official Portraits Unveiled..... Your Thoughts??

    So, they had a ceremony at the National Portrait Gallery today and the obamas were in attendance as their likenesses were made public.

    Thoughts on the work??
    Come Visit Beautiful, Scenic Jonestown

  2. Sponsored Links


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Birdland!!
    Posts
    20,517
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Maybe someone can link a pic of the new portraits. I'm always bad at finding the correct size/format.
    Come Visit Beautiful, Scenic Jonestown

  4. Sponsored Links


  5. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    5,974
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I like Barack's but I'm so-so on Michelle's. Can you put them in your OP?

  6. Sponsored Links


  7. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    9th and Hennepin
    Posts
    45,092
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    I like Barack's but I'm so-so on Michelle's. Can you put them in your OP?
    Here's what I've been curious about: There's another portrait that will be done, which will (I think) be the official one at the White House.

    When the Obamas hosted the Bushes for the unveiling of W's presidential portrait there, it was a warm, gracious, and affable event. Obama gave a wet kiss of a speech; the two couples seem to like each other, personally. The same was true when the Bushes hosted the Clintons.

    Can we expect a similar scene if Trump hosts a ceremony for the Obamas? I am curious. Trump thinks that Obama is "sick"; that he's the founder of ISIS and that he's the "worst president in history," and all kinds of ridiculous calumnies that he still trots out on a regular basis. Also: Obama wasn't born in the US and illegally held the presidency as a non-citizen.

    Now, all that could make for an awesome speech and reception to Obama, if Trump has the stones to give it.
    "The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering." -- Tom Waits

  8. Sponsored Links


  9. Likes Midwesterner, party-free liked this post
  10. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by margaretms View Post
    Here's what I've been curious about: There's another portrait that will be done, which will (I think) be the official one at the White House.

    When the Obamas hosted the Bushes for the unveiling of W's presidential portrait there, it was a warm, gracious, and affable event. Obama gave a wet kiss of a speech; the two couples seem to like each other, personally. The same was true when the Bushes hosted the Clintons.

    Can we expect a similar scene if Trump hosts a ceremony for the Obamas? I am curious. Trump thinks that Obama is "sick"; that he's the founder of ISIS and that he's the "worst president in history," and all kinds of ridiculous calumnies that he still trots out on a regular basis. Also: Obama wasn't born in the US and illegally held the presidency as a non-citizen.

    Now, all that could make for an awesome speech and reception to Obama, if Trump has the stones to give it.
    His deplorables would accept nothing less.

    If he had his way, he would probably have Sessions and his wife made up in "Black Face". He would then have DBag Jr. make a portrait of that as his representation of the Obamas.

  11. Sponsored Links


  12. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    57,795
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by margaretms View Post
    Here's what I've been curious about: There's another portrait that will be done, which will (I think) be the official one at the White House.

    When the Obamas hosted the Bushes for the unveiling of W's presidential portrait there, it was a warm, gracious, and affable event. Obama gave a wet kiss of a speech; the two couples seem to like each other, personally. The same was true when the Bushes hosted the Clintons.

    Can we expect a similar scene if Trump hosts a ceremony for the Obamas? I am curious. Trump thinks that Obama is "sick"; that he's the founder of ISIS and that he's the "worst president in history," and all kinds of ridiculous calumnies that he still trots out on a regular basis. Also: Obama wasn't born in the US and illegally held the presidency as a non-citizen.

    Now, all that could make for an awesome speech and reception to Obama, if Trump has the stones to give it.
    doubtfully the Obama's and Bushes are personal friends.
    If we allow politicians to succeed by scaring people, we donít actually end up any safer. Fear doesnít make us safer. It makes us weaker - Justin Trudeau Prime Minister of Canada.

  13. Sponsored Links


  14. #7
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    26,677
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by margaretms View Post
    Here's what I've been curious about: There's another portrait that will be done, which will (I think) be the official one at the White House.

    When the Obamas hosted the Bushes for the unveiling of W's presidential portrait there, it was a warm, gracious, and affable event. Obama gave a wet kiss of a speech; the two couples seem to like each other, personally. The same was true when the Bushes hosted the Clintons.

    Can we expect a similar scene if Trump hosts a ceremony for the Obamas? I am curious. Trump thinks that Obama is "sick"; that he's the founder of ISIS and that he's the "worst president in history," and all kinds of ridiculous calumnies that he still trots out on a regular basis. Also: Obama wasn't born in the US and illegally held the presidency as a non-citizen.

    Now, all that could make for an awesome speech and reception to Obama, if Trump has the stones to give it.
    Would be a chance to talk candidly about the FBI and what was known at the very top from campaign to election to transition.

    I am sure a good off the record talk would help clear the air. Trump and Obama are both charming statesman.



    As far as the portraits? I find them to lack innovation and be uninspiring.

    Victory is not won in miles but in inches.
    Win a little now, hold your ground, and later win a little more. Louis L'Amour.

  15. Sponsored Links


  16. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    I like Barack's but I'm so-so on Michelle's. Can you put them in your OP?
    I don't like either. He tried to get too creative and cute. Both are a little strange. The Artist was trying too hard. It's like he was trying to emphasize himself rather than the President. He needs a do over.

  17. Sponsored Links


  18. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    43,284
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by altair1013 View Post
    I don't like either. He tried to get too creative and cute. Both are a little strange. The Artist was trying too hard. It's like he was trying to emphasize himself rather than the President. He needs a do over.
    You sound like you know a lot about art.
    Trump supporters have space bugs in their heads. It is the only explanation.

  19. Sponsored Links


  20. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reflechissez View Post
    You sound like you know a lot about art.
    Actually, I don't really know much. Just an opinion from a rank amateur. But thanks for the complement.

  21. Sponsored Links


  22. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    43,284
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by altair1013 View Post
    Actually, I don't really know much. Just an opinion from a rank amateur. But thanks for the complement.
    It was sarcasm.
    Trump supporters have space bugs in their heads. It is the only explanation.

  23. Sponsored Links


  24. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    5,974
    Rep Power
    0

  25. Sponsored Links


  26. Likes FlameHeart liked this post
  27. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    27,122
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    well at least they were painted by African Americans. however, they should have researched that dress more. I thought Gone With the Wind was racist.

  28. Sponsored Links


  29. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shamrock View Post
    well at least they were painted by African Americans. however, they should have researched that dress more. I thought Gone With the Wind was racist.
    wow you lay that race card down faster than a person playing a draw 4 card in Uno

  30. Sponsored Links


  31. Likes Plasmaball liked this post
  32. #15
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cheyenne
    Posts
    4,283
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shamrock View Post
    well at least they were painted by African Americans. however, they should have researched that dress more.
    Michelle Obama is wearing a dress by designer Michelle Smithís label Milly, and the geometric colors were inspired by Piet Mondrian.

    I thought Gone With the Wind was racist.
    You make a common error. Gone With the Wind isn't racist. It depicts characters in a racist environment.
    "Let joy and innocence prevail."
    "Everyone's important to somebody."
    "Sticks and stones may break bones, but words can break hearts."

  33. Sponsored Links


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •