Morality of the Media - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Default Morality of the Media

Have you ever seen a show on television, or in a movie, that you just didn't agree with morally?
    Even if it just had one really bad part, but the rest was good? Do you ever think to yourself, Why did they have to ruin the movie or show with that one bad part? A lot of kids now adays are raised with electronics at their fingertips. Most of the media is controlled by Hollywood Democrats. People tend to become like the people, places, and things that they hang around. Therefore, don't be surprised when your children watch movies and shows with immoral things in them, that overtime their morals and values won't actually become like the things that they wish to be, or immolate, or look up too. Just think! Maybe your son or daughter can be on the next 16 and pregnant on MTV!

2. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by KnowThyself View Post
    You must have me confused with most other Republicans or Democrats that will never admit if the person they voted for did something wrong. If he really did, then I wouldn't agree with it. It's not justifiable, but I'd like to see you pic 1 politician that is perfect, and has never done anything wrong, and also I'm not going to talk about a subject that I don't know that much about, and act like I know a lot about it, because I don't. Any average joe can have an opinion, but unless they have facts to back it up it's just another person with an opinion. On either side of the spectrum a lot of crap is easily made up in general. Why you chose to believe is real is up to you.
    Hilarious how you immediately try to rationalize it

4. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWolf View Post
    Some parents are white hot about ensuring their children are protected from the scorching debaucheries regularly served up by the conflagration of impurity that is leftist Hollywood.
    Sorry. I agree with the premise so your wordplay left me a little cold.
    Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by jerks.

6. Sponsored Links

7. Likes BlackWolf liked this post
    Blog Entries

Your thread is a condemnation of the immorality of the media/entertainment complex. When I point out to you that Donald profited and (continues to profit) mightily from participating in that very same entertainment complex, that he embraces celebrity culture and all that goes with it, you deflect to abortion.

You're making excuses for Donald's debauchery when he's been an enthusiastic participant of the very culture you specifically condemn in this thread. You can't have it both ways.

No Sir! I don't stand up for anyone cheating on their spouse! I've never cheated, and never would, considering I've been tempted to several times, but never did. What Donald Trump did by cheating on his wives was morally and ethically wrong, and I can admit to that. You see, I'm admitting to my faults, and when the person whom I support overall makes a mistake, I can admit to that also, and you're the one that is making excuses and deflecting your answers and questions. I guess you're perfect, and the people you vote for are perfect and saints also. Just because some one profits off of the liberal media, doesn't mean that they have to be part of it. With you it seems to be all black and white, and no grey areas, and honestly that saddens me about you. Why? Do you simply not see the grey area in life or do you chose to be ignorant to it? You don't wish to talk about abortion, because you realize that if we do, that you won't have a leg left to stand on when it comes to morality, so let's not talk about it, because then are delightful intellectually stimulating debate would be over already, and that's no fun. I'm having fun talking to you. Aren't you having fun also? The only thing that sucks about talking with ya, is that I think it's your way or the highway, and you'd never be truly open minded to changing your mind politically about anything. I realize both you and I are set in our ways to a certain degree, but I still try and listen to what you have to say, and to keep as an open mind as I can about it. Example; to me logically a person can't believe in killing people on death row, and be against abortion. So just within the past couple of years have I actually changed my mind. I don't believe anyone should be put to death through lethal injection or anything. However I practice what I preach, so I don't believe in abortion either. It took me years to come around, but you're the one that wants his cake and to eat it too. You're the one that are making excuses and trying to justify everything so you can have it both ways. You simply are trying to project that upon me, just like the Democrats do to the Republicans, simply to try and hide their own lies, and to try to keep the spotlight on the Republicans, when in actuality, it's the Democrats that people should be looking at. Why aren't any of the Democrats held accountable for what they do? Any time a Republican says or does something wrong, it's the end of the world! If 90percent of democrats wanted to do something, they could get away with it, because they own most of the media, and there is hardly anyone there to stop them, or stand up to them! lol.
    Honestly I don't know about you, but this website is fun for me, because Democrat or Republican, I enjoy stimulating my mind, and I enjoy a challenge, and a good well thought out debate.

9. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

No Sir! I don't stand up for anyone cheating on their spouse!.<snip>

Again - let's be very specific. Your OP is about the immorality of "Hollywood Democrats." You specifically mentioned "movies and shows" as having negative impact on our youth. Without expanding out to other social issues, without deflecting to who gets away with what, and without getting lost in the weeds of your personal position regarding various cultural questions - I'm pointing out to you that it is suspect at best for an ardent Trump supporter such as yourself to get in a dither about the immorality of Hollywood when the president you love was and is in deep with Hollywood and celebrity culture. Indeed the man frequently brags about the ratings his TV shows received. So there's an inconsistency there worth noting.

You worry about people not allowing for the gray areas between the black and white, and refusing to accept a little moral relativism for the sake of practicality. Are you therefore willing to concede that Hollywood is not completely irredeemable? Because the tone of your OP suggests you aren't.
    You're messin' with the wrong wolf, baby/Darkness gonna break your light - ​Dorothy, "Missile"

11. Sponsored Links

Again - let's be very specific. Your OP is about the immorality of "Hollywood Democrats." You specifically mentioned "movies and shows" as having negative impact on our youth. Without expanding out to other social issues, without deflecting to who gets away with what, and without getting lost in the weeds of your personal position regarding various cultural questions - I'm pointing out to you that it is suspect at best for an ardent Trump supporter such as yourself to get in a dither about the immorality of Hollywood when the president you love was and is in deep with Hollywood and celebrity culture. Indeed the man frequently brags about the ratings his TV shows received. So there's an inconsistency there worth noting.

You worry about people not allowing for the gray areas between the black and white, and refusing to accept a little moral relativism for the sake of practicality. Are you therefore willing to concede that Hollywood is not completely irredeemable? Because the tone of your OP suggests you aren't.[/LEFT]
    Its hard for Trumpists to communicate their core values, because they don't have any.

13. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

You worry about people not allowing for the gray areas between the black and white, and refusing to accept a little moral relativism for the sake of practicality. Are you therefore willing to concede that Hollywood is not completely irredeemable? Because the tone of your OP suggests you aren't.[/LEFT]
    You know one of the best things I can always count on for a Democrat such as yourself to do? To always make up things and to put words into other peoples mouth without any facts behind it. It's hard for me to respect someone like you, when you never once admitted anything wrong with your side. I never said that there wasn't some good in tv shows and movies. More than anything a message of hope or things of that nature can be a great thing in movies or tv shows. Most of the liberal news I find are lies though.
    More than anything, you're naming 1 person. 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm talking about a broad spectrum of what most of the liberal Democrats stand for in general. Where their money and power comes from! We're talking thousands of people here at least! And once again, you're going to come back at me with one person. lol.
    At this point, I'm going to respectfully just say that I'll agree to disagree with you, and go my separate way, because the debate with you is one sided, and ignorant on your part, and intellectually to me it's getting very dull. So you're right, you're always right, you will always be right. I'm sorry to have ever doubted you or the liberal media, and I pray to God that nobody talks to you about the liberal media's morality ever again! For the love of God I'm perfectly fine with the moderators deleting this whole thread!

15. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

You know one of the best things I can always count on for a Democrat such as yourself to do? To always make up things and to put words into other peoples mouth without any facts behind it. It's hard for me to respect someone like you, when you never once admitted anything wrong with your side. I never said that there wasn't some good in tv shows and movies. More than anything a message of hope or things of that nature can be a great thing in movies or tv shows. Most of the liberal news I find are lies though.
    More than anything, you're naming 1 person. 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm talking about a broad spectrum of what most of the liberal Democrats stand for in general. Where their money and power comes from! We're talking thousands of people here at least! And once again, you're going to come back at me with one person. lol.
    At this point, I'm going to respectfully just say that I'll agree to disagree with you, and go my separate way, because the debate with you is one sided, and ignorant on your part, and intellectually to me it's getting very dull. So you're right, you're always right, you will always be right. I'm sorry to have ever doubted you or the liberal media, and I pray to God that nobody talks to you about the liberal media's morality ever again! For the love of God I'm perfectly fine with the moderators deleting this whole thread!
    You are a lot of fun. Sorry to have gotten you so agitated on a Sunday morning.
    You're messin' with the wrong wolf, baby/Darkness gonna break your light - ​Dorothy, "Missile"

17. Sponsored Links

You sure like to preach from really high horses

19. Sponsored Links

The O P sounds like an ignorant relative who says with people like Ellen DeGeneres flooding the airwaves, more kids will think it's cool to be gay & decide to experiment.

21. Sponsored Links