What The heck! A Button Has Been Pushed Showing Hi Was Being Attacked. - Page 17

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Default What The heck! A Button Has Been Pushed Showing Hi Was Being Attacked.

An employee of the Hi government has I think decided to create a nuclear war for us. I'd say he's hard left, Democrat, who hates the president & is anti-America.

People can say what they want, but this man who pushed the "incoming missile" button, was doing the same thing as the Vegas shooter, at 0800 of course.

He wanted to be famous in pushing the button to cause a war, probably to blame it on Trump.
    Last edited by The Duck; January 13th, 2018 at 7:58 pm.
    This week under President Trump the DOW reached over 23000 & we're talking about something Trump said. WOW!

2. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Did you read the thread title?
    I’m discussing our conversation in the thread. You do understand the fluidity of political discussions in a forum I assume.

4. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Nebraska Football View Post
    I’m discussing our conversation in the thread. You do understand the fluidity of political discussions in a forum I assume.
    No, you are discussing your attempt to change the subject.

"A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep." - Saul Bellow

6. Sponsored Links

No, you are discussing your attempt to change the subject.
    I understand why you are refusing to address my posts and are deflecting and running away from them. They make your boy Trump look poor, and you seem pretty well locked in to the “must defend Trump at all costs” mentality at this point. That stinks, but oh well.

Have a good evening regardless my friend.

8. Sponsored Links

I understand why you are refusing to address my posts and are deflecting and running away from them. They make your boy Trump look poor, and you seem pretty well locked in to the “must defend Trump at all costs” mentality at this point. That stinks, but oh well.

Have a good evening regardless my friend.
    If you want to talk about how you think Presidents should respond to every local disaster perhaps you ought to start a thread. But this thread is about the false alarm in Hawaii ... which was NOT a disaster. There is NO comparison what so ever between what occurred in Hawaii and the incidents that you want to discuss.

"A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep." - Saul Bellow

10. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

That is a better argument than the one Samm is making. It is a fair point. But I believe even this President could read from a prepared statement, offering his condolences to the people of California who lost the lives of loved ones, or who lost their homes and everything they owned, from the mudslides. He has done it before in other situations just fine.
    Oh, I thought you were referring to a statement on the Hawaii blunder. yeah he should offer condolences to those people for sure. Why would he not I wonder? They are American citizens like all the others he has spoken about in the case of disasters and such. Of course he don't like California and the sanctuary city deal or the liberal politics so I guess that is why. If that is the case it is pathetic cause we are all citizens of this country.

“Wrinkles will only go where the smiles have been. ”
    ― Jimmy Buffett

12. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by westaussie View Post
    It is quite revealing the gymnastics involved in trying to reconcile the irreconcilable with respect to D Trump. Are you really trying to say that if Hawaii was involved in a missile attach that it has nothing to do with D Trump?
    Of course not. Was there a missile attack?? Something I missed, maybe???

HAWAII is responsible for WARNING Hawaii - NOT the FedGov. The FedGov is responsible for telling Hawaii that missiles are inbound and then responsible for trying to stop them from getting there.

The FedGov did everything correctly. It was Hawaii that decided to warn their state of an attack that NO ONE told them was coming.

Similarly, you seem to be suggesting that D Trump wasn't told immediately about the missile warning sent out in Hawaii. How inept is the Trump administration that it was of no import to inform D Trump AS SOON AS the missile alert was broadcast?

That would be because the FedGov - just like everyone else - had to be told that the mistakes were made and through the same outlets that everyone else learned of it The FedGov was NOT expecting HawaiI to declare a launch and not watching them to see them do it.

WHY would they? The FedGov KNEW that they had made no warning of a launch to Hawaii. Hawaii had to call the FedGov and say, "Hey. We just screwed up really badly," and they were a bit BUSY trying to let people know that they were safe,

This is ENTIRELY a problem of Hawaii's making and even THEY admit that which you cannot - Trump and the FedGov had ZERO to do with it.

M
    "WE KNOW the attack in Libya had nothing to do with the film. It was a planned attack, not a protest." - Hillary Clinton, September 12th, 2012

14. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyS View Post
    Of course not. Was there a missile attack?? Something I missed, maybe???

HAWAII is responsible for WARNING Hawaii - NOT the FedGov. The FedGov is responsible for telling Hawaii that missiles are inbound and then responsible for trying to stop them from getting there.

The FedGov did everything correctly. It was Hawaii that decided to warn their state of an attack that NO ONE told them was coming.

M
    False.

16. Sponsored Links

What part of there was no missile attack do you not understand? If Trump was told anything while the situation was in progress, he was told that NORAD did not detect any incoming missiles and that the alert was clearly false. The Hawaiian Civil Defense ****ed up. That false report was not initiated by NORAD and the President knew it, and so there was never any danger that the US would have launched a retaliatory attack.
    And here I was thinking there was only papal infallibility. It is quite stunning that you will rationalise Trump's behaviour no matter what it is. One doesn't need much of an imagination to know what the reaction would have been if it had been B Obama that continued to play golf under similar circumstances.
    obscurum per obscurius
    ignotum per ignotius

18. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Drawz View Post
    False.
    You are right. Hawaii didn't decide to issue the false warning, they did it out of carelessness and incompetence.

20. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by westaussie View Post
    And here I was thinking there was only papal infallibility. It is quite stunning that you will rationalise Trump's behaviour no matter what it is. One doesn't need much of an imagination to know what the reaction would have been if it had been B Obama that continued to play golf under similar circumstances.
    Infallibility? Rationalization? You are being hysterical. It was a State of Hawaii **** up, the Federal Agencies whos job it is to warn us about missile attacks had not part in it except to inform the State of Hawaii that they ****ed up. Fortunately, nobody jumped off high building or cliffs out of fear and there was no significant property damage ... there was no disaster to clean up after. If Obama had been President he would have continued to play golf too ... by the time Trump was informed that the false alarm had gone out, NORAD had already determined that there was no attack and so was the State of Hawaii. There was no reason for Trump (or Obama) to stop what they were doing because there was no role for them to play in the aftermath. Why can't you guys get those simple facts through your thick skulls?

22. Sponsored Links