Chelsea Manning Files To Run For US Senate As Democrat - Page 3

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 253
  1. #1

    Exclamation Chelsea Manning Files To Run For US Senate As Democrat

    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...enate-maryland

    Chelsea Manning, formerly Bradley Manning, and considered a traitor by many, has filed to run as a Democrat in the 2018 Senate election in Maryland. Obama's terrible decision to commute the sentence of Manning may backfire for the Democrats if an extremist candidate like Manning wins the primary in an upset.

    It would however reveal the true face of the Democratic Party for all to see.

    A transgender traitor and left-wing extremist who hates white men, the military, and the police (Manning tweeted **** the police on National Law Enforcement Appreciation day) is the perfect face for the Democratic Party in 2018, sadly.
    Last edited by bon appetit; January 13th, 2018 at 5:03 pm.

  2. Sponsored Links


  3. #31
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Jersey joined 08/2002
    Posts
    12,028
    Blog Entries
    27
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mot1man View Post
    Sorry, you're the one confused.

    HE hass the DNA of a male, therefore, he is a he.
    ah a teachable moment.

    transgender. A useful modern term.

    the correct terminology for Chelsea is a trans woman aka she.

    Allan (teaching hannity cons the facts since 2002)

  4. Sponsored Links


  5. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    WRX heaven
    Posts
    13,974
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
    ah a teachable moment.

    transgender. A useful modern term.

    the correct terminology for Chelsea is a trans woman aka she.

    Allan (teaching hannity cons the facts since 2002)
    now if only learning were to occur

    TBD

  6. Sponsored Links


  7. Likes reflechissez liked this post
  8. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    18,405
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Sounds like a doomed run, but I wish her luck anyway. Takes guts.
    "Constipation is a sign of good health in pomeranians." --Samuel Beckett

  9. Sponsored Links


  10. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    31,160
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mot1man View Post
    He's a he.
    If an individual feels so uncomfortable in their body that they take extreme measures to align themselves to the gender that they feel that they are are then the absolute least one can do to accomodate is change a pronoun.
    Last edited by jezcoe; January 13th, 2018 at 11:27 pm.

  11. Sponsored Links


  12. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    19,094
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sewell View Post
    Sounds like a doomed run, but I wish her luck anyway. Takes guts.
    I don't wish her luck.

    She/he is a convicted criminal and has no political experience anyway.

    Not qualified in any way to be a US Senator and has no place even thinking he/she belongs in the race.

    If the maniac has taught us anything, it is that we need to avoid sleaze bags with no experience at all cost.

  13. Sponsored Links


  14. Likes Brack, itsjoanne liked this post
  15. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Left Coast
    Posts
    51,793
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jezcoe View Post
    If an individual feels so uncomfortable in their body that they take extreme measures to align themselves to the gender that they feel that they are are then the absolute least one can do to accomodate is change a pronoun.
    I disagree. A she cannot become a he, and a man cannot become a woman. Changing the pronoun does not change the DNA.

    Chelsea is free to claim to be a woman, but I'm also free to say it's delusional, and calling Chelsea a she doesn't help matters at all.

    I'll call them by their preferred name, just as Jenner is Caitlyn, because that is something we can change.

  16. Sponsored Links


  17. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    58,974
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    She served her time and was released she is free to do whatever she likes.
    If we allow politicians to succeed by scaring people, we donít actually end up any safer. Fear doesnít make us safer. It makes us weaker - Justin Trudeau Prime Minister of Canada.

  18. Sponsored Links


  19. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Left Coast
    Posts
    51,793
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by southernmoderate View Post
    I don't wish her luck.

    She/he is a convicted criminal and has no political experience anyway.

    Not qualified in any way to be a US Senator and has no place even thinking he/she belongs in the race.

    If the maniac has taught us anything, it is that we need to avoid sleaze bags with no experience at all cost.
    Absolutely spot on, except to add "and was convicted of disclosing thousands and thousands of classified documents and violating the Espionage Act" at the end of your last sentence.

  20. Sponsored Links


  21. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Left Coast
    Posts
    51,793
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianJudo View Post
    She served her time and was released she is free to do whatever she likes.
    Convicted felons don't make the best candidates. He'd still be in prison if Obama had not commuted his sentence.

  22. Sponsored Links


  23. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    58,974
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by itsjoanne View Post
    Convicted felons don't make the best candidates. He'd still be in prison if Obama had not commuted his sentence.
    Then people shouldn't vote for her.
    simply because Obama commuted her sentence doesn't mean she losses her rights.
    If we allow politicians to succeed by scaring people, we donít actually end up any safer. Fear doesnít make us safer. It makes us weaker - Justin Trudeau Prime Minister of Canada.

  24. Sponsored Links


  25. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Left Coast
    Posts
    51,793
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianJudo View Post
    Then people shouldn't vote for her.
    simply because Obama commuted her sentence doesn't mean she losses her rights.
    When did I say he shouldn't run?

  26. Sponsored Links


  27. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    46
    Posts
    19,389
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Chelsea Manning has every right to run as does anyone who qualifies but lets get real for a minute. Chelsea Manning is not going to get elected and if she does then the electorate have spoken.

  28. Sponsored Links


  29. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    31,160
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by itsjoanne View Post
    I disagree. A she cannot become a he, and a man cannot become a woman. Changing the pronoun does not change the DNA.

    Chelsea is free to claim to be a woman, but I'm also free to say it's delusional, and calling Chelsea a she doesn't help matters at all.

    I'll call them by their preferred name, just as Jenner is Caitlyn, because that is something we can change.
    How is calling someone by their preferred name acceptable but changing a pronoun isn't?

    And seriously, there are plenty of transgendered who you wouldn't know are trans unless you were told they were.

    This whole strict distilling down gender to the chromosomal level doesn't make much sense and insisting on it seems especially cruel since it is seriously the absolute least one can do.

  30. Sponsored Links


  31. #44
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    VanDownByTheRiver!!!!!
    Age
    42
    Posts
    21,622
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sewell View Post
    Sounds like a doomed run, but I wish her luck anyway. Takes guts.
    If it takes guts, I see why you think his run is doomed from the start.
    If Peeing Your Pants Is Cool Consider Me Miles Davis

  32. Sponsored Links


  33. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    39,260
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
    ah a teachable moment.

    transgender. A useful modern term.

    the correct terminology for Chelsea is a trans woman aka she.

    Allan (teaching hannity cons the facts since 2002)
    The correct terminology is meaningless if it is not based on biological science. It is nothing more than a feel good term of endearment.

  34. Sponsored Links


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •