Is it the role of our government to run the country like a charity?

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Default Is it the role of our government to run the country like a charity?

This really seems to be the real question to ask regarding the immigration debate. Listening to Democrats this seems to be their philosophy on how government should shape immigration policy. While many citizens of this country believe that immigration policy should be merit based and be in our best interests. So is it the role of government to run the country (with a 20 trillion dollar debt) like a charity?

2. Sponsored Links

3. Likes Camp, FlameHeart liked this post

Yes. Submit.

5. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Pretty much the essence of the difference between conservatives and progressives. Progressives think the role of government is charity.
    Self appointed forum Mark Zuckerberg, feel free to ask me if any news story is real or fake.

7. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Keeper View Post
    This really seems to be the real question to ask regarding the immigration debate. Listening to Democrats this seems to be their philosophy on how government should shape immigration policy. While many citizens of this country believe that immigration policy should be merit based and be in our best interests. So is it the role of government to run the country (with a 20 trillion dollar debt) like a charity?
    You don't care about the debt.

9. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by LucyLou View Post
    You don't care about the debt.
    Whether I care or don't care about the debt is not relevant to the question. The question pertains to the role of government.

11. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Whether I care or don't care about the debt is not relevant to the question. The question pertains to the role of government.
    You made your so-called point with a phony plaint about the debt.

13. Sponsored Links

Talking about the national,debt, right after this tax bill passed is a hoot. Hard to take most conservatives serious.

15. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by LucyLou View Post
    You made your so-called point with a phony plaint about the debt.
    The reason for bring up the debt is because that would seem relevant to the question, especially with regard to foreign aid. Do you have any specific view at all on the role of government?

17. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by MollyBrown View Post
    Talking about the national,debt, right after this tax bill passed is a hoot. Hard to take most conservatives serious.
    Were did I mention anything about the tax bill here? The dialogue I am hoping to prompt pertains to the role of government regarding a specific issue. Personally I believe that regarding the specific issue I am raising that the national debt is relevant. Do you have any specific view regarding this issue and do you believe the debt should be a factor here.

PS - In case you want to know my view is that both parties are responsible for the debt.

19. Sponsored Links

The reason for bring up the debt is because that would seem relevant to the question, especially with regard to foreign aid. Do you have any specific view at all on the role of government?
    You might as well forget it. They've seen the squirrel now.

21. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Foreign aid?

23. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by MollyBrown View Post
    Man, that's exactly what I was thinking.

25. Sponsored Links

How about we do this;

We build a giant ass factory and a bunch of single family homes on national government owned land in Nevada and Utah.

We put the hole country immigrants in the homes. They go to school half a day and work in the factory half a day. School to learn English, civics, government, economics, birth control. Work to make IV bags.

They stay there 5 years and then can apply for citizenship or go home. If they want to stay they can buy their house and get paid a higher wage for working in the bag factory.

27. Sponsored Links

28. Likes Camp liked this post
    Blog Entries

Refugees come here sponsored by Christian organizations which aid them in settling them into new communities. We have room for them. We have jobs for them. That is not government acting like a charity. It's a stupid OP, probably inspired by Rush or the brilliant minds at Fox and Friends. Imo.

30. Sponsored Links

Your question assumes a whole hell of a lot. Immigration should not be merit based and the government does not need to be run like a charity.

Give me your tired, your poor, and those with merit?

32. Sponsored Links

33. Likes Blue Collar liked this post