An excellent condemnation of Joe Arpaio from the right - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default An excellent condemnation of Joe Arpaio from the right

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...na-republicans

National Review continues to be the voice of reason for the mainstream conservative movement and the editors of National Review give it to Joe Arpaio with both barrels in the above linked editorial, dishing out the condemnation he so richly deserves.

The detail his many abuses of power, including the arbitrary arrest of his political opponents on numerous occasions. The deaths and abuses in his jails by his goons and the many millions paid out to settle those claims. The failure to follow up on rape cases, in many cases rapes perpetrated against children. The money wasted on illegal and ineffective immigration sweeps. The many other crimes and failures of this creep.

I sent money to Doug Jone's campaign. If Arpaio is the Republican nominee in Arizona, I will be sending money to his Democratic opponents campaign.

If anything, Arpaio is even more viler and poisonous than Moore and he must be destroyed at all costs, including the cost of electing a Democrat to that seat.

2. Sponsored Links

3. Likes Brack, Late2TheParty, Cassandra Joe liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Sewell View Post
    We know, of course, that you support Joe because he's Republican. Take the day off. I can post for you. My caps lock works just fine.
    Sorry. I'm happy to let Arizona Republicans chose their own favorite candidate in the primaries. I'm in Texas, where we are blessed with two great Republican senators.

M
    "WE KNOW the attack in Libya had nothing to do with the film. It was a planned attack, not a protest." - Hillary Clinton, September 12th, 2012

5. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Safiel View Post
    http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...na-republicans

National Review continues to be the voice of reason for the mainstream conservative movement and the editors of National Review give it to Joe Arpaio with both barrels in the above linked editorial, dishing out the condemnation he so richly deserves.

The detail his many abuses of power, including the arbitrary arrest of his political opponents on numerous occasions. The deaths and abuses in his jails by his goons and the many millions paid out to settle those claims. The failure to follow up on rape cases, in many cases rapes perpetrated against children. The money wasted on illegal and ineffective immigration sweeps. The many other crimes and failures of this creep.

I sent money to Doug Jone's campaign. If Arpaio is the Republican nominee in Arizona, I will be sending money to his Democratic opponents campaign.

If anything, Arpaio is even more viler and poisonous than Moore and he must be destroyed at all costs, including the cost of electing a Democrat to that seat.
    Yep, I'm a big fan of National Review, particularly David French, Kevin Williamson and Jonah Goldberg. All very principled conservatives and great writers.

They are spot on about Joe, and they were (and remain) about Trumo.
    Trump 2013: Leadership: Whatever happens, you're responsible. If it doesn't happen, you're responsible.

7. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWolf View Post
    That was spot on. Arpaio is poison on a Roy Moore level, not just for the GOP but for the nation.

I heard on the radio this afternoon that another Republican candidate threw her hat in the ring for Flake's seat (name escapes me at the moment). Hopefully Arizona Republicans opt for something more rational and moral than Crooked Joe.
    Martha McSally, who currently represents a CD in the Tuscon area.

She will be Mitch's choice for sure, and I'm quite certain Mitch will lean on Trump very hard to either endorse her or stay right out of it entirely.
    Trump 2013: Leadership: Whatever happens, you're responsible. If it doesn't happen, you're responsible.

9. Sponsored Links

Well, I will tell you.

I distinguish a man like Arpaio from a man like Trump.

Trump may be misogynistic, racist or whatever. But he is that in the manner of a common boorish lout. That sort of person who never figures out that their words and deeds are not socially acceptable.

Arpaio is a much more malevolent individual. A man who has demonstrated a callous disregard for due process and the rule of law and has conducted blatant pogroms against his politic enemies.

Trump is hardly a a paragon of virtue, but his faults center around his ego and loutish personality and lack of self restraint.

Arpaio clearly acts with malice aforethought, with a men rea of bigotry and maliciousness.

Arpaio is a far far worse person than Trump, even on Trump's worst days.
    Very well said. Joe would be a disaster, and I hope his political aspirations are crushed in the primary.

Even if I liked him though, what is an 85 year old doing running for a Senate seat for the first time?

11. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyS View Post
    Sorry. I'm happy to let Arizona Republicans chose their own favorite candidate in the primaries. I'm in Texas, where we are blessed with two great Republican senators.

M
    **** that noise, Cruz sucks ****. Nothing would make me happier than giving that sorry excuse for a human a pink slip.

13. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by adroit View Post
    **** that noise, Cruz sucks ****. Nothing would make me happier than giving that sorry excuse for a human a pink slip.
    Your opinion noted, but he is of course going to be re-elected EASILY.

M
    "WE KNOW the attack in Libya had nothing to do with the film. It was a planned attack, not a protest." - Hillary Clinton, September 12th, 2012

15. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Well, I will tell you.

Trump may be misogynistic, racist or whatever. But he is that in the manner of a common boorish lout. That sort of person who never figures out that their words and deeds are not socially acceptable.

Arpaio is a much more malevolent individual. A man who has demonstrated a callous disregard for due process and the rule of law and has conducted blatant pogroms against his politic enemies.

Trump is hardly a a paragon of virtue, but his faults center around his ego and loutish personality and lack of self restraint.

Arpaio clearly acts with malice aforethought, with a men rea of bigotry and maliciousness.

trump could if he would....look at him react at the libel laws.
    The beauty that is the ugliness of the right. " They demand accountability for anger and divisiveness, while holding themselves entirely unaccountable for their anger and divisiveness"

17. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by itsjoanne View Post
    Martha McSally, who currently represents a CD in the Tuscon area.

She will be Mitch's choice for sure, and I'm quite certain Mitch will lean on Trump very hard to either endorse her or stay right out of it entirely.
    It will be interesting to see what happens. Joe and Donald were quite snuggly with each other for a long while, it could be awkward if Donald suddenly developed amnesia should Joe come sniffing around for an endorsement.

Kelli Ward was leading in the polls here before a disastrous interview on CNN when she claimed she never got an endorsement from Bannon even though she proudly proclaimed that endorsement on her press releases. McSally has plenty of rhetorical ammunition for both her primary opponents when the campaign heats up.
    You're messin' with the wrong wolf, baby/Darkness gonna break your light - ​Dorothy, "Missile"

19. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWolf View Post
    It will be interesting to see what happens. Joe and Donald were quite snuggly with each other for a long while, it could be awkward if Donald suddenly developed amnesia should Joe come sniffing around for an endorsement.

Kelli Ward was leading in the polls here before a disastrous interview on CNN when she claimed she never got an endorsement from Bannon even though she proudly proclaimed that endorsement on her press releases. McSally has plenty of rhetorical ammunition for both her primary opponents when the campaign heats up.
    Well Trump does seem to be cozy with the establishment now, and after the double embarrassment of endorsing two losing candidates in Alabama, he's likely to listen to them.

I think that seat is going to flip to Dems, but McSally is the only one with a hope of keeping it R.

21. Sponsored Links

that was a good read.

this line though

He likes to call himself “America’s toughest sheriff.” Not if you’re raping children, he isn’t.

Apocalypto is one cool cat

23. Sponsored Links

M
    None of which means that you can't criticize such an abominable person as Arpaio, but of course, being MarkyS, a blind partisan who thereby makes it your full-time job to make your posts predictable, inevitable, and data poor to us all, you lack the ability to do that.

Soldier on. Again, if you take a day off, let me know. Any of us can close our eyes, open our caps lock, and defend for you. By now, we all know your shtick.
    "Constipation is a sign of good health in pomeranians." --Samuel Beckett

25. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Sewell View Post
    None of which means that you can't criticize such an abominable person as Arpaio, but of course, being MarkyS, a blind partisan who thereby makes it your full-time job to make your posts predictable, inevitable, and data poor to us all, you lack the ability to do that.

Soldier on. Again, if you take a day off, let me know. Any of us can close our eyes, open our caps lock, and defend for you. By now, we all know your shtick.
    Like ALL people Arpaio has good things and bad things about him. It is STILL up to the Republicans of Arizona to decide if they want him as their candidate or not.

But carry on calling me names. It's what you do.

M

27. Sponsored Links

Well, I will tell you.

Arpaio is like a modern J Edgar Hoover at his worst. Thinks that the power of a law enforcement office that people bestowed on him makes him free to operate as a rogue agent of authority to demolish any personal enemies or causes that he dislikes.

29. Sponsored Links

Like ALL people Arpaio has good things and bad things about him. It is STILL up to the Republicans of Arizona to decide if they want him as their candidate or not.

But carry on calling me names. It's what you do.
    If Maricopa county has seen the light, I doubt he will fare better across the entire state. Should he clear the primary, he will lose in the general.

And if AL was able to defeat Moore, it will be a bigger loss for Arpaio. Arizona is much more moderate and on its way to becoming a purple state.

31. Sponsored Links

32. Likes Brack liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by southernmoderate View Post
    If Maricopa county has seen the light, I doubt he will fare better across the entire state. Should he clear the primary, he will lose in the general.

And if AL was able to defeat Moore, it will be a bigger loss for Arpaio. Arizona is much more moderate and on its way to becoming a purple state.
    I haven't lived in Arizona for decades, which is why I don't presume to know what is best for them OR how they will vote. Arizonans will determine Joe Arpaio's fate and that is as it should be.

M

34. Sponsored Links