An excellent condemnation of Joe Arpaio from the right - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default An excellent condemnation of Joe Arpaio from the right

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...na-republicans

National Review continues to be the voice of reason for the mainstream conservative movement and the editors of National Review give it to Joe Arpaio with both barrels in the above linked editorial, dishing out the condemnation he so richly deserves.

The detail his many abuses of power, including the arbitrary arrest of his political opponents on numerous occasions. The deaths and abuses in his jails by his goons and the many millions paid out to settle those claims. The failure to follow up on rape cases, in many cases rapes perpetrated against children. The money wasted on illegal and ineffective immigration sweeps. The many other crimes and failures of this creep.

I sent money to Doug Jone's campaign. If Arpaio is the Republican nominee in Arizona, I will be sending money to his Democratic opponents campaign.

If anything, Arpaio is even more viler and poisonous than Moore and he must be destroyed at all costs, including the cost of electing a Democrat to that seat.

2. Sponsored Links

3. Likes Brack, Late2TheParty, Cassandra Joe liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyS View Post
    I haven't lived in Arizona for decades, which is why I don't presume to know what is best for them OR how they will vote. Arizonans will determine Joe Arpaio's fate and that is as it should be.
    You don't need to live there to understand that it is a much more moderate state than AL. All you need to do is to be able to understand election results.

A moderate state would never elect a corrupt far right kook like Arpaio.

5. Sponsored Links

Like ALL people Arpaio has good things and bad things about him. It is STILL up to the Republicans of Arizona to decide if they want him as their candidate or not.

But carry on calling me names. It's what you do.

M
    I didn't call you a single name that you didn't admit to yourself. You've admitted to being a blind partisan. Your flopping, of course, is part of your shtick. In a post or two, you'll be saying that we're done, and goodbye!

Let's just fast forward, shall we?

Half of us can do this routine better than you can.
    "Constipation is a sign of good health in pomeranians." --Samuel Beckett

7. Sponsored Links

Arizona is turning purple. McCain and Romney won Arizona by larger margins than Trump. Trump won North Carolina and Ohio by larger margins than Arizona.

Arpaio lost re-election for sheriff in Maricopa county by double digits. A Republican in Arizona needs to avoid losing Maricopa county by double digits if he or she wants to win a statewide office in this state.
    Last edited by Brack; January 14th, 2018 at 12:39 am.

9. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by southernmoderate View Post
    You don't need to live there to understand that it is a much more moderate state than AL. All you need to do is to be able to understand election results.

A moderate state would never elect a corrupt far right kook like Arpaio.
    What I know about Arpaio is that he has won a bunch of elections in Arizona. Maybe he's won his last one and maybe not. Polls actually look good for Arpaio at least getting the Republican nomination, and if Trump should endorse him that helps him even more:

https://www.abc15.com/news/state/pol...eat-in-arizona

M
    "WE KNOW the attack in Libya had nothing to do with the film. It was a planned attack, not a protest." - Hillary Clinton, September 12th, 2012

11. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Sewell View Post
    I didn't call you a single name that you didn't admit to yourself. You've admitted to being a blind partisan. Your flopping, of course, is part of your shtick. In a post or two, you'll be saying that we're done, and goodbye!

Let's just fast forward, shall we?

Half of us can do this routine better than you can.
    No. I have never admitted to being a blind partisan. I am a partisan and I support my party and the members of my party here - you threw in the adjectives.

But you are performing your usual schtick, which is to comment on me and NOT on the subject of the thread. And with the same result, by the way.

We have nothing left to talk about.

M
    "WE KNOW the attack in Libya had nothing to do with the film. It was a planned attack, not a protest." - Hillary Clinton, September 12th, 2012

13. Sponsored Links

No. I have never admitted to being a blind partisan. I am a partisan and I support my party and the members of my party here - you threw in the adjectives.

But you are performing your usual schtick, which is to comment on me and NOT on the subject of the thread. And with the same result, by the way.

We have nothing left to talk about.

M
    Your bus arrived right on schedule. See you in the next thread.

15. Sponsored Links

What I know about Arpaio is that he has won a bunch of elections in Arizona. Maybe he's won his last one and maybe not. Polls actually look good for Arpaio at least getting the Republican nomination, and if Trump should endorse him that helps him even more:

M
    There's the support we all expected.

17. Sponsored Links

M

Arpaio lost re-election for sheriff in Maricopa County by double digits. He can't win a statewide office in Arizona here if he loses Maricopa County by double digits. Every GOP Nominee for President since 1952 has won Maricopa County. Trump won Maricopa county by 2.9% while winning this state by 3.6%.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mari...ounty,_Arizona
    Last edited by Brack; January 14th, 2018 at 12:36 pm.

19. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by southernmoderate View Post
    Arpaio is like a modern J Edgar Hoover at his worst. Thinks that the power of a law enforcement office that people bestowed on him makes him free to operate as a rogue agent of authority to demolish any personal enemies or causes that he dislikes.
    Wow. I never thought of that. That's interesting.

21. Sponsored Links

Well probably get Trump versus Oprah and Chelsea Manning and Joe Arpaio in Congress.

23. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Brack View Post
    Arpaio lost re-election for sheriff in Maricopa County by double digits. He can't win a statewide office in Arizona here if he loses Maricopa County by double digits. Every GOP Nominee for President since 1952 has won Maricopa County. Trump won Maricopa county by 2.9% while winning this state by 3.6%.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mari...ounty,_Arizona
    If you have local knowledge I defer to your local knowledge. That's probably true. He has a history of winning but not in the latest cases.

However, I think you may be underestimating his popularity with the base and we do not yet know with whom he would be battling, and what they may or may not bring to the table.

M

25. Sponsored Links

I have not berm reading the thread (sorry) but I DO wish to say that somewhere along the line this conservative, began to wonder if Arpaio had perhaps left the reservation and began whoring himself out for headlines.

I never came to any conclusion.

27. Sponsored Links

From the article:

***QUOTE***
    Long a favorite of Fox News and talk radio, Arpaio is a publicity whore of the first order. An old Washington joke holds that the most dangerous place in America is standing between a senator and a television camera

Arpaio was convicted of criminal contempt last summer for willfully violating a federal court order. Specifically, he was convicted of violating an order that he cease arresting and detaining people for whom there was no plausible criminal charge i.e., the court asked him, pretty please, to stop detaining Mexicans for publicity purposes . . .
    ***END QUOTE***

Yeah. The fact that the National Review sees what I susoected does not prove my suspicion is correct, but since two people are now saying it, the suspicion is now twice as likely to be true....or something like that. ;-)
    Where in the heck am I?

Maybe I should have asked for directions.

29. Sponsored Links

Your opinion noted, but he is of course going to be re-elected EASILY.

M
    We shall see. Beto might give him a run for his money.

31. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by CaughtInTheMiddle View Post
    Well probably get Trump versus Oprah and Chelsea Manning and Joe Arpaio in Congress.
    Definite negative on the last 2, and I really don't believe the D party will nominate Oprah.

33. Sponsored Links