An excellent condemnation of Joe Arpaio from the right

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default An excellent condemnation of Joe Arpaio from the right

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...na-republicans

National Review continues to be the voice of reason for the mainstream conservative movement and the editors of National Review give it to Joe Arpaio with both barrels in the above linked editorial, dishing out the condemnation he so richly deserves.

The detail his many abuses of power, including the arbitrary arrest of his political opponents on numerous occasions. The deaths and abuses in his jails by his goons and the many millions paid out to settle those claims. The failure to follow up on rape cases, in many cases rapes perpetrated against children. The money wasted on illegal and ineffective immigration sweeps. The many other crimes and failures of this creep.

I sent money to Doug Jone's campaign. If Arpaio is the Republican nominee in Arizona, I will be sending money to his Democratic opponents campaign.

If anything, Arpaio is even more viler and poisonous than Moore and he must be destroyed at all costs, including the cost of electing a Democrat to that seat.

2. Sponsored Links

3. Likes Brack, Late2TheParty, Cassandra Joe liked this post
    Blog Entries

That was spot on. Arpaio is poison on a Roy Moore level, not just for the GOP but for the nation.

I heard on the radio this afternoon that another Republican candidate threw her hat in the ring for Flake's seat (name escapes me at the moment). Hopefully Arizona Republicans opt for something more rational and moral than Crooked Joe.
    You're messin' with the wrong wolf, baby/Darkness gonna break your light - ​Dorothy, "Missile"

5. Sponsored Links

6. Likes Oryx, LadyTheranna liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Safiel View Post

National Review continues to be the voice of reason for the mainstream conservative movement and the editors of National Review give it to Joe Arpaio with both barrels in the above linked editorial, dishing out the condemnation he so richly deserves.

The detail his many abuses of power, including the arbitrary arrest of his political opponents on numerous occasions. The deaths and abuses in his jails by his goons and the many millions paid out to settle those claims. The failure to follow up on rape cases, in many cases rapes perpetrated against children. The money wasted on illegal and ineffective immigration sweeps. The many other crimes and failures of this creep.

I sent money to Doug Jone's campaign. If Arpaio is the Republican nominee in Arizona, I will be sending money to his Democratic opponents campaign.

If anything, Arpaio is even more viler and poisonous than Moore and he must be destroyed at all costs, including the cost of electing a Democrat to that seat.
    Okay, but how do you REALLY feel about Joe?

M
    "WE KNOW the attack in Libya had nothing to do with the film. It was a planned attack, not a protest." - Hillary Clinton, September 12th, 2012

8. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWolf View Post
    That was spot on. Arpaio is poison on a Roy Moore level, not just for the GOP but for the nation.

I heard on the radio this afternoon that another Republican candidate threw her hat in the ring for Flake's seat (name escapes me at the moment). Hopefully Arizona Republicans opt for something more rational and moral than Crooked Joe.
    Congresswoman Martha McSally.

10. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Brack View Post
    Congresswoman Martha McSally.
    Jeez, imagine being a little boy in school with that last name.

12. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyS View Post

M
    We know, of course, that you support Joe because he's Republican. Take the day off. I can post for you. My caps lock works just fine.
    "Constipation is a sign of good health in pomeranians." --Samuel Beckett

14. Sponsored Links

15. Likes LadyTheranna liked this post

Idk if National Review will make a dent amongst voters, but it was an interesting article.

17. Sponsored Links

Good article. Just say no to Joe.

19. Sponsored Links

20. Likes Oryx, Brack, LadyTheranna, itsjoanne, jwil59 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky SF Dude View Post
    Good article. Just say no to Joe.
    Sounds like a drug.

22. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Samson Corwell View Post
    Sounds like a drug.
    Itís the poor manís version of the Jeffery.

24. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyS View Post
    Well, I will tell you.

I distinguish a man like Arpaio from a man like Trump.

Trump may be misogynistic, racist or whatever. But he is that in the manner of a common boorish lout. That sort of person who never figures out that their words and deeds are not socially acceptable.

Arpaio is a much more malevolent individual. A man who has demonstrated a callous disregard for due process and the rule of law and has conducted blatant pogroms against his politic enemies.

Trump is hardly a a paragon of virtue, but his faults center around his ego and loutish personality and lack of self restraint.

Arpaio clearly acts with malice aforethought, with a men rea of bigotry and maliciousness.

Arpaio is a far far worse person than Trump, even on Trump's worst days.

26. Sponsored Links

Arpaio thinks very highly of himself. I don't think he is nearly as well liked as he believes. I doubt he could get over 45% of the vote in AZ

28. Sponsored Links

... the editors of National Review give it to Joe Arpaio with both barrels...l, dishing out the condemnation he so richly deserves.

Looking at it from the outside, it may be that the article provides support to Mr. Arpaio in a back-handed way.

William F. Buckley's magazine is the standard-bearer of old-school Republican RINO's who have become part of the "Swamp" that the Fox News Republicans want drained. Condemnation by The National Review could be just the ticket to drive Arizona Tea-Partiers into the arms of their favorite tough-guy Lawman.

I sure hope so. Corruption awarded with high office tends to give the crook the sense he can get away with all sorts of crime. I'd LOVE to see a Republican Senator prosecuted for a laundry list of corruption from bribery to murder to obstruction of justice, with a Republican Congress unwilling to impeach him.

Joe Arpaio for Senate!!
    Its still not bad enough, yet.

30. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by eclipze View Post
    Itís the poor manís version of the Jeffery.
    What's the Jeffery?

32. Sponsored Links

Well, I will tell you.

I distinguish a man like Arpaio from a man like Trump.

Trump may be misogynistic, racist or whatever. But he is that in the manner of a common boorish lout. That sort of person who never figures out that their words and deeds are not socially acceptable.

Arpaio is a much more malevolent individual. A man who has demonstrated a callous disregard for due process and the rule of law and has conducted blatant pogroms against his politic enemies.

Trump is hardly a a paragon of virtue, but his faults center around his ego and loutish personality and lack of self restraint.

Arpaio clearly acts with malice aforethought, with a men rea of bigotry and maliciousness.

Arpaio is a far far worse person than Trump, even on Trump's worst days.
    Good summation.
    +5 points for "pogroms"

34. Sponsored Links