I Tried To Send A Message To Paul Ryan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default I Tried To Send A Message To Paul Ryan

I tried to send a message to Paul Ryan telling him that I thought his comments about Drumpf's comments about "****hole Countries" were weak and didn't express any outrage or even strength.

Unless you have a Wisconsin zip code ... the Speaker Of The House OF THE ENTIRE UNITED STATES .... Will not accept your email.

Talk about *******s!

George Washington: Could not tell a lie
    Richard Nixon: Could not tell the truth
    Donald Trump: Can not tell the difference.

2. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Lima India Bravo View Post
    I tried to send a message to Paul Ryan telling him that I thought his comments about Drumpf's comments about "****hole Countries" were weak and didn't express any outrage or even strength.

Unless you have a Wisconsin zip code ... the Speaker Of The House OF THE ENTIRE UNITED STATES .... Will not accept your email.
    You probably need a more specific zip code than just any one in Wisconsin.

4. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Until it becomes impossible to do so without jeopardizing their careers a fair amount of GOP politicians will continue respond to Donald's words and actions with the time-honored response of plugging one's ears with fingers and humming "Mary Had a Little Lamb."
    You're messin' with the wrong wolf, baby/Darkness gonna break your light - ​Dorothy, "Missile"

6. Sponsored Links

<snipped>

<snipped>
    Ryan is an Officer of the House, but that does not increase his constituency beyond his district in Wisconsin. He is not obligated to represent or to respond to those beyond the borders of his district.

When Pelosi was Speaker, she had no obligation represent or respond to those outside of San Francisco.

8. Sponsored Links

53545 is a zip code in ryans district......just in case you need that info for something
    yes i am a pirate,200 years to late

10. Sponsored Links

Talk about *******s!
    He wasn't elected by you or any other citizen outside the House to be Speaker of the House and he is not beholden to you in any way as Speaker. He answers to his fellow House members with respect to that job. Speaker of the House - NOT Speaker of the United States. With respect to being a House Representative he is only beholden to his constituents - Wisconsinites - and really only those from his district. He would spend all his time answering other Americans if he did anything else.

If you have a complaint about Ryan or a suggestion for him I would suggest you contact YOUR representative. He is the guy who will then talk to Ryan. Ryan in HIS representative, in effect.

M
    "WE KNOW the attack in Libya had nothing to do with the film. It was a planned attack, not a protest." - Hillary Clinton, September 12th, 2012

12. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Talk about *******s!
    Not quite true. I learned during the boehner years that the Speaker has a Speaker email and a constituent email. You need to go online and find the Speaker email. Anyone can send emails there.

14. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyS View Post
    He wasn't elected by you or any other citizen outside the House to be Speaker of the House and he is not beholden to you in any way as Speaker. He answers to his fellow House members with respect to that job. Speaker of the House - NOT Speaker of the United States. With respect to being a House Representative he is only beholden to his constituents - Wisconsinites - and really only those from his district. He would spend all his time answering other Americans if he did anything else.

If you have a complaint about Ryan or a suggestion for him I would suggest you contact YOUR representative. He is the guy who will then talk to Ryan. Ryan in HIS representative, in effect.

M
    No, get a grip, as Speaker of the House has a duty to the whole country. That is why the position of Speaker has a separate email, that the op was unaware of.

16. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Safiel View Post
    Ryan is an Officer of the House, but that does not increase his constituency beyond his district in Wisconsin. He is not obligated to represent or to respond to those beyond the borders of his district.

When Pelosi was Speaker, she had no obligation represent or respond to those outside of San Francisco.
    But she did have a different email and postal address and duty to respond to citizens wanting to connect with her for her position as Speaker of the House.

18. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

As third in line, you don't think that the position of Speaker of the House doesn't owe more to the entire nation than just his little constituency? Bullcrap.

20. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by LucyLou View Post
    But she did have a different email and postal address and duty to respond to citizens wanting to connect with her for her position as Speaker of the House.
    They do have an email as Speaker, but while that channel of communication is open, that in no way makes the Speakership a national constituency. Even in the House, as Speaker, he is responsible ONLY to the Republicans who voted him into that position. His true constituency, however, is his district in Wisconsin.

While he may communicate with people outside his district, only those in his district can be considered constituents.

22. Sponsored Links

As third in line, you don't think that the position of Speaker of the House doesn't owe more to the entire nation than just his little constituency? Bullcrap.
    In the end, he is just 1 vote out of 435 in the House of Representatives. He doesn't owe jack **** to anybody outside his constituency.

24. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

They do have an email as Speaker, but while that channel of communication is open, that in no way makes the Speakership a national constituency. Even in the House, as Speaker, he is responsible ONLY to the Republicans who voted him into that position. His true constituency, however, is his district in Wisconsin.

While he may communicate with people outside his district, only those in his district can be considered constituents.
    Agree to disagree, Saf! As Speaker, he has a duty to the nation.

You know I kinda worship you, so prove me wrong.

26. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

In the end, he is just 1 vote out of 435 in the House of Representatives. He doesn't owe jack **** to anybody outside his constituency.
    But he's also third in line...

28. Sponsored Links

No, get a grip, as Speaker of the House has a duty to the whole country. That is why the position of Speaker has a separate email, that the op was unaware of.
    If he WANTS to do that, it's FINE. There is no law against it. He is NOT required to do it, just because he is Speaker.

M
    "WE KNOW the attack in Libya had nothing to do with the film. It was a planned attack, not a protest." - Hillary Clinton, September 12th, 2012

30. Sponsored Links