In The NT Who Of All That We've Read About Absolutely & Guaranteed Went To Heaven? - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default In The NT Who Of All That We've Read About Absolutely & Guaranteed Went To Heaven?

I think this would certainly be a good subject for a sermon.
    It's not a gotcha question at all.

The minister stands before the congregation & asks this question, the congregation all will say "what does he mean? "I know my mother is in heaven. Another would say, Of course the 11 disciples are there" & so on.

I know someone will come up with the answer real fast, but I just wondered.
    This week under President Trump the DOW reached over 23000 & we're talking about something Trump said. WOW!

2. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I don't know who Kenneth Copeland is. I am a big fan of TD Jakes. I won't say I hang on his every word and teaching, but he showed me a whole new way of looking at Jesus, and that 'new way,' has meant a lot to me.
    There are a couple guys on TV who have done that for me. One is Charles Stanley and the other is Jack Hayford. I have not seen Jack in years though. I think Jack Hayford's style is very impressive cause he is very soft spoken. Same for Stanley whose son has a huge Church near Atlanta too.

“Wrinkles will only go where the smiles have been. ”
    ― Jimmy Buffett

4. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jwil59 View Post
    There are a couple guys on TV who have done that for me. One is Charles Stanley and the other is Jack Hayford. I have not seen Jack in years though. I think Jack Hayford's style is very impressive cause he is very soft spoken. Same for Stanley whose son has a huge Church near Atlanta too.

"Son has a church". What a shame it isn't the Lord's church.

6. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Koushi Shinigami View Post
    The “Lord” does not need the money, nor an occupation of enriching themselves on the backs of the lost (Isaiah 56:11). Please do not bring up the false prophet Paul’s note that the ox is worth feeding. The “son”, could get a real job, and if he wants to spread his spiel, he could do it on his own dime. That would show some commitment, if not truth.

8. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

He Pastors a Church i should have said. I think everybody gets what I meant guy. He is a really good pastor like his Dad.

― Jimmy Buffett

10. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

He Pastors a Church i should have said. I think everybody gets what I meant guy. He is a really good pastor like his Dad.

No. You got it right the first time.

Why do you say he is good? No one is good.

12. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

No. You got it right the first time.

I said he was a good pastor guy. Of course that is just my opinion from listening to him on the internet.

― Jimmy Buffett

14. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
    The “Lord” does not need the money, nor an occupation of enriching themselves on the backs of the lost (Isaiah 56:11). Please do not bring up the false prophet Paul’s note that the ox is worth feeding. The “son”, could get a real job, and if he wants to spread his spiel, he could do it on his own dime. That would show some commitment, if not truth. We could bring up that God has already established that the
    No need to quote Paul about oxen, you need to look no further than how God provided for the tribe of Levi in Numbers 18.
    The heel of a Christian should never be brought to bear upon the unbeliever, but should bear up under the weight of the Christian, kneeling in humble service to all.

16. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

I said he was a good pastor guy. Of course that is just my opinion from listening to him on the internet.

I could let you know what that is worth.

18. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

I could let you know what that is worth.
    That would be a waste of time guy.

― Jimmy Buffett

20. Sponsored Links

That would be a waste of time guy.

Jeff, IMO, we Christians have become a weird breed of believers. I remember when I first was saved many years ago. I would almost fight (not literally) anyone who believed in Eternal Security.

Pentecostals don't just believe in ES right off the bat. In fact I've heard preachers say "you take one drink, smoke one cigarette & you're on your way to hell".

All of us have become Christ-bots, who simply condemn so many that don't believe as they do.

I got saved in 1971. At that time, I started believing as the Pentecostals do. I do still do believe as Pentecostals do in most cases.

However, I now believe in ES with all my heart. I also still believe in the "Baptism in the Holy Spirit, with the "initial" evidence of speaking in other tongues". Many Christians will fight us (not literally) over "speaking in tongues".

Some preachers mentioned here don't crank my tractor, but if that's what helps others, that's great. I can recognize a preacher, man/woman who is filled with the Spirit & they do crank my tractor.

For instance, a "Christian may get saved, filled, speak in tongues & give a message in tongues, as the Spirit gives the utterance" in the same instance.

When I first became a Christian, I listened to the preaching & music of Jimmy Swaggart daily. I no longer to listen to his preaching, but still love to hear his singers. His singers are them most "Jesus glorifying, most enjoyable there are".

As far as my not listening to Swaggart anymore, it has nothing to do with his fall some years ago, but I guess I just got tired of him. Any Christian that falls, then redeems himself with God, is as clean as a new born. The same goes for "Judge Moore" who is accused of sins 30 & 40 years ago. If Moore confessed his sins to Jesus & has lived a clean life since, he too is spotless clean.

For teaching the "Word" I listen to Copeland.
    Last edited by The Duck; January 14th, 2018 at 9:19 am.
    This week under President Trump the DOW reached over 23000 & we're talking about something Trump said. WOW!

22. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

People with an income in five figures should be more cheerful, Koushi.

Life is good, life is fine.

And if you look for the good in people you shall surely find it.
    "Let joy and innocence prevail."
    "Everyone's important to somebody."

24. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Duck View Post
    Jeff, IMO, we Christians have become a weird breed of believers. I remember when I first was saved many years ago. I would almost fight (not literally) anyone who believed in ET.

Pentecostals don't just believe in ET right off the bat. In fact I've heard preachers say "you take one drink, smoke one cigarette & you're on your way to hell".

All of us have become Christ-bots, who simply condemn so many that don't believe as they do.

I got saved in 1971. At that time, I started believing as the Pentecostals do. I do still do believe as Pentecostals do in most cases.

However, I now believe in ET with all my heart. I also still believe in the "Baptism in the Holy Spirit, with the "initial" evidence of speaking in other tongues". Many Christians will fight us (not literally) over "speaking in tongues".

Some preachers mentioned here don't crank my tractor, but if that's what helps others, that's great. I can recognize a preacher, man/woman who is filled with the Spirit & they do crank my tractor.

For instance, a "Christian may get saved, filled, speak in tongues & give a message in tongues, as the Spirit gives the utterance" in the same instance.

When I first became a Christian, I listened to the preaching & music of Jimmy Swaggart daily. I no longer to listen to his preaching, but still love to hear his singers. His singers are them most "Jesus glorifying, most enjoyable there are".

As far as my not listening to Swaggart anymore, it has nothing to do with his fall some years ago, but I guess I just got tired of him. Any Christian that falls, then redeems himself with God, is as clean as a new born. The same goes for "Judge Moore" who is accused of sins 30 & 40 years ago. If Moore confessed his sins to Jesus & has lived a clean life since, he too is spotless clean.

For teaching the "Word" I listen to Copeland.
    I agree confession produces the spotless clean you are talking about but the citizens have to decide who is fit to lead this great country and who isn't. Roy Moore, having been removed frmo public office twice, made him unfit to serve in the eyes of Alabamians who voted. I think that had more to do with his rejection than the sexual allegations.

I cannot say for sure but I am thinking that Jack Hayford was/is a Pentecostal minister. The Terry family I mentioned are Baptists I think, at least the father Charles is. He pastors the 1st Baptist Church of Atlanta. You have probably driven by that Church many times on Peachtree Street. They are both on TBN, or used to be, so i bet you have seen them before. Jack Hayford is very soft spoken and can get his point across that way. He is a great Bible teacher is you ever have the chance to listen to him. I just looked up jack's wiki page and he is a Pentecostal minister Mike. His Church is in California so I bet Ray would know who Jack Hayford is.

Last edited by jwil59; January 12th, 2018 at 11:01 pm.
    ― Jimmy Buffett

26. Sponsored Links

I agree confession produces the spotless clean you are talking about but the citizens have to decide who is fit to lead this great country and who isn't. Roy Moore, having been removed frmo public office twice, made him unfit to serve in the eyes of Alabamians who voted. I think that had more to do with his rejection than the sexual allegations.

I cannot say for sure but I am thinking that Jack Hayford was/is a Pentecostal minister. The Terry family I mentioned are Baptists I think, at least the father Charles is. He pastors the 1st Baptist Church of Atlanta. You have probably driven by that Church many times on Peachtree Street. They are both on TBN, or used to be, so i bet you have seen them before. Jack Hayford is very soft spoken and can get his point across that way. He is a great Bible teacher is you ever have the chance to listen to him. I just looked up jack's wiki page and he is a Pentecostal minister Mike. His Church is in California so I bet Ray would know who Jack Hayford is.

Jeff, I guess I've heard all the TV preachers over the years. I don't have anything against any of them. It's just that I don't like to listen to so many any more. I like to listen to the one who best shows me how to live the Christian life in the days we live in. by that I mean that we live in an age that is totally different than in the 60's or 70's.

I've heard preachers for years say "we're surely living in the last days & Jesus could come any minute". Scripture even has told us to "be ready".

When I look at the news about Israel & the turmoil in the ME, I'm convinced that He will soon come now.

In my rant above I wasn't referring to you as condemning other Christians, I simply start a rant & say all that is on my mind while I'm at it. LOL!

As far as the average Christian these days, they do nothing but condemn others. I don't care for that, but that's their business.
    Last edited by The Duck; January 13th, 2018 at 10:44 am.

28. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Condemning others is a huge waste of time. Especially when those doing the "condemning" are in no position to condemn anyone (except themselves).
    The great enemy of truth is not so much the lie (deliberate, contrived and dishonest) but the myth (persistent, persuasive and unrealistic).

30. Sponsored Links