Remember how Trump tax cuts were going to lead to pay increases?

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Remember how Trump tax cuts were going to lead to pay increases?

We had a thread on it not long ago:

http://forums.hannity.com/showthread...-many-liberals

Well, let's look at where we're at now.

AT&T, despite saying it will give bonuses, is also cutting thousands of jobs and is increasing prices soon:

AT&T is eliminating thousands of jobs across the U.S., including 30 in Central Indiana, according to Communications Workers of America, the union that represents AT&T employees. The company is cutting nearly 12 percent of its technicians who install U-verse and DirectTV in the Indianapolis area, according to union figures.
    https://www.indystar.com/story/money...led/992690001/

AT&T/DirecTV: Prices are going up by $8 across the board in January
    http://bgr.com/2018/01/05/cord-cutti...prices-rising/

Comcast, who lobbied hard for the cuts, has fired 500 (and tried to hide it) and is increasing prices:

Comcast reportedly fired about 500 salespeople shortly before Christmas, despite claiming that the company would create thousands of new jobs in exchange for a big tax cut.

Comcast apparently tried to keep the firings secret while it lobbied for the tax cut that was eventually passed into law by the Republican-controlled Congress and signed by President Trump in late December. The Philadelphia Inquirer revealed the Comcast firings this week in an article based on information from an anonymous former employee, Comcast documents, and other sources in the company.

The former employee who talked to the Inquirer "could not be identified because of a nondisclosure agreement as part of a severance package," the article said. The Inquirer headline notes that Comcast was able to implement the firings "quietly," avoiding any press coverage until this week.
    https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...sands-of-jobs/

Comcast: Pay TV prices will increase by 2.2% on average beginning this month
    I've had a bunch of family and friends with Comcast already saying the're prices have been jacked up.

Remember the promised Wells Fargo promising to boost its min wage?

Well, that only accounts for 5% of the savings they will receive from the Trump tax cuts:

The wage hike and additional charitable giving will cost Wells Fargo about $215 million in 2018, according to investment bank KBW. That represents just 5% of Wells Fargo's total estimated earnings benefit from the tax overhaul, KBW estimates.
    http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/02/inve...ump/index.html

Big telecomms are increasing prices, which will offset the wage hikes/jobs they create, and the big banks are placating us by offering a pittance while doing lord knows what with the rest.

Just like the Carrier and Ford "victories," that turned out to be hollow, there are already signs that the Trump tax plan may not go the way a lot of people on the right thought they would, and it hasn't even been signed into law yet.

2. Sponsored Links

Shouldn't you wait until the tax cuts are in place?...

LMAO!..

We are so lucky to live in the USA, and during an inter-glacial warming period with

President Donald J. Trump as President

4. Sponsored Links

Company my wife works for , gave all the employee's an extra bonus on top of the one she already got.
    And they are increase wages because of the tax cut.
    They specifically stated it was because of the tax cuts.
    Jack Burton: May the wings of liberty never lose a feather.

6. Sponsored Links

7. Likes FlameHeart liked this post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cratic3947 View Post

LMAO!..
    Whoosh.

9. Sponsored Links

10. Likes blueapplepaste liked this post

Impossible. Trump assured us we'd all be getting massive wage increases. Just look at how he saved all the Carrier jobs in Indiana!! No one got let go and no new jobs in Mexico from them!!!! Fake News strikes again! Sad!

12. Sponsored Links

LMAO!..
    So since those big, fat bonuses AT&T announced were before tax cuts were in place, why was Trump touting them as part of the tax plan success? And if AT&T knows its going to be receiving a windfall from these bigly tax cuts, why are they letting go of people? I was assured this would spur economic investment and massively amazing jobs.

14. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by party-free View Post
    Whoosh.
    Actually, he's right.

How do you expect to see the benefits of a cash-flow bonanza until the cash-flow change takes effect?

In my opinion, your OP requires unhinged logic to connect the dots you are trying to connect. That you might say "whoosh" to me for seeing it that way is an affirmation, because yes, I'm nt going to apply that unhinged logic in my approach to the issue, and it's totally proper and fitting that your thought progression whooshes right past me. It should. Shame on me if it doesn't.
    ... deliver us from evil.

16. Sponsored Links

17. Likes Cratic3947, Camp, pennysworth liked this post

A crap load of Sears and Kmart stores are closing as well. Too much damn winning!
    I don't stand by anything - Donald trump

19. Sponsored Links

I don't think the increase in prices and the layoff of jobs is due to the tax cuts. Post hoc, ergo propter hoc.

The companies are raising wages and giving out bonuses before the tax cuts are actually put in place- they are doing it too early. It might be better for the companies to wait until the next fiscal year, or when they actually are in effect.
    "Ignis aurum probat"

21. Sponsored Links

"“In December, manufacturing employment rose by 25,000, largely reflecting a gain in durable goods industries (+21,000),” BLS said in its release on the December jobs numbers."

We are so lucky to live in the USA, and during an inter-glacial warming period with

23. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by party-free View Post
    We had a thread on it not long ago:

http://forums.hannity.com/showthread...-many-liberals

Well, let's look at where we're at now.

AT&T, despite saying it will give bonuses, is also cutting thousands of jobs and is increasing prices soon:

https://www.indystar.com/story/money...led/992690001/

http://bgr.com/2018/01/05/cord-cutti...prices-rising/

Comcast, who lobbied hard for the cuts, has fired 500 (and tried to hide it) and is increasing prices:

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...sands-of-jobs/

I've had a bunch of family and friends with Comcast already saying the're prices have been jacked up.

Remember the promised Wells Fargo promising to boost its min wage?

Well, that only accounts for 5% of the savings they will receive from the Trump tax cuts:

http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/02/inve...ump/index.html

Big telecomms are increasing prices, which will offset the wage hikes/jobs they create, and the big banks are placating us by offering a pittance while doing lord knows what with the rest.

Just like the Carrier and Ford "victories," that turned out to be hollow, there are already signs that the Trump tax plan may not go the way a lot of people on the right thought they would, and it hasn't even been signed into law yet.
    Completely ridiculous; both on policy and on timing. Today's version of the "great game" is to attract investment by multinational corporations; and it is necessary to compete in order to win. These corporations want lower costs and I would MUCH prefer to cut their taxes than to cut our wages in order to be competitive. If we do "win" investment by these companies that drives demand for labor and a tight labor market drives wages UP.

25. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Guvnah View Post
    Actually, he's right.

How do you expect to see the benefits of a cash-flow bonanza until the cash-flow change takes effect?

In my opinion, your OP requires unhinged logic to connect the dots you are trying to connect. That you might say "whoosh" to me for seeing it that way is an affirmation, because yes, I'm nt going to apply that unhinged logic in my approach to the issue, and it's totally proper and fitting that your thought progression whooshes right past me. It should. Shame on me if it doesn't.
    Did you read my OP or just the title? Read the first line od the thread and then the link to the prior thread to which this one is a response.

If it still doesnt click, then yes, whoosh to you too.

27. Sponsored Links

"“In December, manufacturing employment rose by 25,000, largely reflecting a gain in durable goods industries (+21,000),” BLS said in its release on the December jobs numbers."

Last week the OP was claiming manufacturing jobs were lost in Dec too, so..

29. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Businesses will still operate as businesses, even with tax cuts. There have been and will be wage increases and bonuses. On a personal note AT&T and Direct TV (owned by AT & T), both tried to increase my prices in the past few of weeks. I talked them down. It helps not to be stuck in a two year contract, and that there's still competition. There's competition, even inside AT&T, that can be leveraged.

31. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Guvnah View Post
    Actually, he's right.

They were already sitting on tons of cash they didn't trickle down...now all of a sudden they are? Sucker born every minute I guess
    The beauty that is the ugliness of the right. " They demand accountability for anger and divisiveness, while holding themselves entirely unaccountable for their anger and divisiveness"

33. Sponsored Links

34. Likes party-free liked this post