Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Default Trump Adminstration Considering Withdrawing U.S. Participation in the Olympics

According to many news sources (I saw it on BBC) Nikki Haley announced that the U.S. is considering withdrawing from the Winter Olympics.

As usual, the Trump administration is tone deaf on this topic choosing to float the idea the day after Russia was banned. Those headlines will write themselves.

Good idea? Dumb?
    All together now!

2. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by margaretms View Post
    No ****: Over Thanksgiving, I was treated to the weird spectacle of a rightwing relative enthusiastically reading a long excerpt from one of Putin's recent speeches to the Duma. It was like: Listen to his guy! He's awesome! He got a five-standing ovation! Bizarre.
    Cool story bro.
    Liberals believe that a woman found raped and murdered is morally superior to one with a dead rapist at her feet and a gun in her hands.

4. Sponsored Links

5. Likes Conan liked this post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by markdido View Post
    When has any olympic athlete EVER represented the President?
    I'm guessing that wasn't the point of her statement.
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. - Plato

7. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by markdido View Post
    Cool story bro.
    You find this at all surprising?

I am totally serious. This person is in his 70s and regularly sends me FWD:FWDs, which is where this one came from.

And now I've looked it up: the speech has been floating around the Internet for a while.

Here it is:
    http://thefreepatriot.org/vladimir-p...ch-on-muslims/

And . . . (just discovered this, too) it turns out, there is no such speech. Which is just perfect:
    https://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/putinduma.asp
    "The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering." -- Tom Waits

9. Sponsored Links

They'll go.....Don't want to be Jimmy Carter.

We are so lucky to live in the USA, and during an inter-glacial warming period with

President Donald J. Trump as President

11. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
    Why were you all trying to make this seem like some weird mystery?

Sanders clearly cited the reason it was an “open question”...security issues arising out of tensions with North Korea.

Now...still a dumb reason but hardly a totally off the wall, out of the blue thing to say.
    Yep. I hope people do realize that the little Commie runt has a strategy of holding civilians from Seoul to Tokyo hostage in order to preserve his regime. I think security concerns will be worked out, but that guy is nuts and this does need to be considered.

13. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gaetano "Tommy" Lucchese View Post
    So it looks like we withdrew because they banned Russia over doping? What the **** man. What the ****.
    Only to partisan hacks.

From the OP's cited article.

... ."I have not heard anything about that," she added, "but I do know in the talks that we have — whether it's Jerusalem or North Korea — it's about, how do we protect the U.S. citizens in the area?"... .

"The United States looks forward to participating in the Winter Olympics in the Republic of Korea next year," the spokesperson said. "As always, the protection of American citizens overseas is our most important priority. We remain closely engaged with the Koreans and other partner nations to secure the venues as we do every Olympics." ... ."
    You people crack me up.
    Don't Blame Me I voted for Cruz! Without the 1st & 2nd Amendments the rest of The Constitution is meaningless
    THE DEFICIT

15. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by margaretms View Post
    No ****: Over Thanksgiving, I was treated to the weird spectacle of a rightwing relative enthusiastically reading a long excerpt from one of Putin's recent speeches to the Duma. It was like: Listen to his guy! He's awesome! He got a five-standing ovation! Bizarre.
    They really don't know he's pretty much a dictator? How odd.
    "If it's beef, it's whatever, I ain't never been sweet/
    And in a battle I ain't never been beat, I'm in a race/
    To try to take Hova's place and you ain't better than Bleek."

17. Sponsored Links

You’d think Trump would be a fan of the Winter Olympics, which, let’s be honest, are pretty much the white people Olympics.

19. Sponsored Links

come on guys! I heard about the ban of Russia weeks ago, if not months ago! where do you guys get your news? this news isn't new and I don't have any idea why we would withdraw but it has NOTHING to do with Russia being banned.

will you forever tie everything that Trump does to Russia?

21. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by shamrock View Post
    come on guys! I heard about the ban of Russia weeks ago, if not months ago! where do you guys get your news? this news isn't new and I don't have any idea why we would withdraw but it has NOTHING to do with Russia being banned.

will you forever tie everything that Trump does to Russia?
    That's quite impressive - since they were banned on Tuesday. Do you have next week's lottery numbers too?

23. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DaHa View Post
    I vastly prefer the winter games - and curling is my second favorite, mostly because its one of the few sports I was competent in when I was much MUCH younger lol
    Curling...Sport?

My home town has a huge arena dedicated to curling.
    The point is, you can never be too greedy.

25. Sponsored Links