Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Trump Adminstration Considering Withdrawing U.S. Participation in the Olympics

According to many news sources (I saw it on BBC) Nikki Haley announced that the U.S. is considering withdrawing from the Winter Olympics.

As usual, the Trump administration is tone deaf on this topic choosing to float the idea the day after Russia was banned. Those headlines will write themselves.

Good idea? Dumb?
    All together now!

2. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MoleUK View Post
    It's the winter olympics, no-one normally gives a ****. And the Russians were caught red-handed.

**** like this legit makes me think Putin has something on Trump, because it makes zero sense otherwise.

At this point I can't believe it's real. Got to be some mixup.
    The winter olympics are the best olympics. Luge, Curling, Bobsled, Skiing, downhill, giant slollom, snow boarding of all kinds, ice hockey...christ can't for get hockey...cross country skiing with guns...that will make a liberal's head explode. Outside of swimming and track...what is there in the summer olympics. NOTHING. I'd rather see us pull out of the summer games, not the winter games.
    When you say "radical right", I think of these fellows who are trying to take the Republican party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye. ​Goldwater

4. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Gaetano "Tommy" Lucchese View Post
    So it looks like we withdrew because they banned Russia over doping? What the **** man. What the ****.
    Whoever is "Unaffilliated" they are wrong.

The boycott of 1980 boycott of the Moscow Olympics was due to the Russian invasion of Afghanistan and we weren't the only country to boycott.

I call BS on this story.

6. Sponsored Links

Well, we did have one Olympic Athlete saying that she didn't want to go to the Olympics and represent Trump from this country, so that probably means that Trump needs to now cancel the Olympics for all the athletes. That sounds pretty normal for Trump correct?

8. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by konssurvative1 View Post
    The winter olympics are the best olympics. Luge, Curling, Bobsled, Skiing, downhill, giant slollom, snow boarding of all kinds, ice hockey...christ can't for get hockey...cross country skiing with guns...that will make a liberal's head explode. Outside of swimming and track...what is there in the summer olympics. NOTHING. I'd rather see us pull out of the summer games, not the winter games.
    It's this liberals favorite sport.
    My Paul Ryan Marathon time is: 1:51:51

10. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mkh View Post
    It's this liberals favorite sport.
    One of mine too. It's hard enough to shoot targets like that...but ski a few kilometers, and then rapidly decrease your heart rate so you can accurately shoot. They are amazing athletes for sure.
    When you say "radical right", I think of these fellows who are trying to take the Republican party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye. ​Goldwater

12. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by smyrna View Post
    The athletes are not political pawns to be toyed with. They have worked almost their entire life for this moment in time and I'd guess "we" would be the united states against this bad idea?
    My Daughter was teammates with a girl who tried out for the olympic swim team as a SR. in high school. She finished like 8th and didn't make the team in any events...but even then she has been swimming competatively since she was 4 or 5. Unless it is about overall team safety and health, they should not be used as political pawns...especially not for a doofus like Trump.

14. Sponsored Links

I'm thinking the Trump presidency is going down in the history books as the "What the **** ???" presidency.
    Hurricane Donald is now a Category 5. Please take all proper safety measures.

16. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

this makes no sense
    The beauty that is the ugliness of the right. " They demand accountability for anger and divisiveness, while holding themselves entirely unaccountable for their anger and divisiveness"

18. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Pam95650 View Post

The boycott of 1980 boycott of the Moscow Olympics was due to the Russian invasion of Afghanistan and we weren't the only country to boycott.

I call BS on this story.
    When asked by FOX News, she said U.S. participation in the Winter Games is still an open question.

Maybe they have a valid reason to for our participation to be an 'open question' but to throw that out there one day after Russia was banned is just stupid.
    All together now!

20. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

The athletes are not political pawns whose lives are to be toyed with. They have worked almost their entire life for this moment in time and I'd guess "we" would be the "united states" against this bad idea?
    Friendly Neighborhood...Smyrnaman

22. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Pam95650 View Post

I call BS on this story.
    Something doesn't sound right.

24. Sponsored Links

Interesting. We have a RW radio talking head here in San Diego who, when the Russian ban came out, said that he would believe there was collusion between trump and Russia when trump stood up FOR the Russians.....he was speaking jokingly, to make fun of the whole "Russian collusion" issue that he thought was just made up.

If this is true....I wonder what he will say now on his show.

26. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by konssurvative1 View Post
    I prefer the Winter games to the Summer games.

On a related note: I'm not sure what's wrong with me but I got addicted to watching Olympic Curling a few years ago. Ain't even gonna tell you how that got started....
    All together now!

28. Sponsored Links

wondering if the U.S. and Russia know something is going to go down in South Korea real soon and don't want our athletes there when it does.

30. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Unaffiliated View Post
    I prefer the Winter games to the Summer games.

On a related note: I'm not sure what's wrong with me but I got addicted to watching Olympic Curling a few years ago. Ain't even gonna tell you how that got started....
    I vastly prefer the winter games - and curling is my second favorite, mostly because its one of the few sports I was competent in when I was much MUCH younger lol

32. Sponsored Links