; Breaking...Franken Resigns - Page 6

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 213
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Newport News Virginia
    Posts
    1,953
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Breaking...Franken Resigns

    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...from-dems.html

    Like to see the rest out no matter what side of the aisle they are on.

  2. Sponsored Links


  3. Likes Oryx, LouC, Evilwestsidefan liked this post
  4. #76
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,406
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWolf View Post
    Heather Higgins of the conservative advocacy group Independent Women's Voice is part of that apologist chorus:

    "[Moore's] been in public life for a very, very long time. Dating somebody who was much younger may be something that we find repugnant, but 40 years ago in Alabama it may not have been all that unusual."

    Cavuto responded, "Well, but she was 14."

    "There was one allegation, exactly, about the 14 year-old," Higgins replied.

    https://www.salon.com/2017/12/07/fox...-40-years-ago/
    Her daughter was the 14 year old? Or rather, she wouldn't mind if the 14 year old was her daughter?

  5. Sponsored Links


  6. #77
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,406
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mortal_Wombat View Post
    They can not force HIM to not run.
    They can not force Trump to resign
    The People voted for Trump KNOWING all about Trump
    The People if they vote for Moore decided it was fine.

    The people have seen where people like McCain got railroaded to drop out and the women disappeared or were proven Lying.

    You still have some Democrats supporting Franken and Conyer but you won't call them on that.
    What about all the HUSH money paid out on behalf of the Sexual Predator by the Tax Payers you don't care about that do you?
    So sending him an influx of cash is washing their hands of it all?

  7. Sponsored Links


  8. #78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MoleUK View Post
    The DNC et al dropped support when more accusers came forward.

    The RNC actually reinstated support when more accusers came forward, after previously stating they found the accusers credible.

    There is a pretty big difference, Wombat.

    No they didn't sorry your just wrong.
    DNC and Et AL didn't drop support.
    They only did when they saw their own Hypocrisy.
    Some in the DNC still support Franken and Conyers you know it. They are not making comments either way. So stop trying to say Democrats are any different.

    And the DNC KNEW about Conyers stuff for years and the government paid off the women.
    Sorry the Dems do not get to claim moral superiority because they getting CAUGHT now.
    Jack Burton: May the wings of liberty never lose a feather.

  9. Sponsored Links


  10. #79

    Default

    man if moore wins ill say it agian. i dont think think frank will keep hes promise to resign. if moore wins and is not removed from the senate franken is going to be like **** this im burning this place down.
    went to heaven.. couldnt get in.. for what i had done.. i said forsake me.. they said your crazy.. youve done to much harm

  11. Sponsored Links


  12. #80
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    18,548
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by itsjoanne View Post
    I mostly agree, but people like Weinstein, Lauer and Rose were raping and harrassing women for decades and multiple stories have said most everyone knew. It wasn't until the stories became public that anything was done.

    The NYT had a story the other day saying Weinstein had multiple assistants who would arrange for unsuspecting women to go to "meetings" where Weinstein would then rape them. They are as complicit as Weinstein is by helping his perverted behavior but kept their mouths shut for money.

    The Weinstein scandal is simply outrageous.
    I don't disagree, but until someone has the courage to come forward with a credible story, it's really hard to nail these guys to the wall. Rumors and whispers don't cut it.

    I'm happily on the "nail them all to the cross and make examples out of them" bandwagon. What I fear is how this may be used as a weapon against someone who is truly innocent, which is why I try to do my best to judge each situation on its own merit. When someone is falsely accused, it truly can ruin that person's life permanently. It's very hard to unring that bell once it's been rung.

  13. Sponsored Links


  14. #81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bodecea View Post
    So sending him an influx of cash is washing their hands of it all?
    I never said Washing their Hands from it.

    My argument is that the Dems are just as bad and just because they got rid of Franken Who basically said the women are lying. Is not them taking the moral high ground.

    That they are and still just as bad as the GOP in these situations.
    Jack Burton: May the wings of liberty never lose a feather.

  15. Sponsored Links


  16. #82
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    18,548
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mortal_Wombat View Post
    What did you think of the Senators and Dems supporting Franken and Conyers then not. I guess they were all just Back Peddling too?
    Do you REALLY not see the difference in:

    "We didn't think the accusations were credible enough before, but now that more accusers have come forward, we believe there is enough evidence to call for him to resign"

    and

    "I thought he should drop out before, but eh, we need his vote, so whatever."

    Do you REALLY NOT SEE THE DIFFERENCE?

  17. Sponsored Links


  18. Likes bodecea liked this post
  19. #83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by itsjoanne View Post
    Well the correction doesn't sound much better
    It is almost like folks in Alabama are like: Haven't we all done that at some point in our lives?

    I think in a way, this might help the Alabama image. If we associate Alabama values with pedophilia, that is a step up from the image that some folks have of Alabamans as the Deliverance Types or mouth breathing, sister screwers.

  20. Sponsored Links


  21. #84

    Default

    Martyr.............

  22. Sponsored Links


  23. #85
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    who-ville
    Posts
    7,364
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mortal_Wombat View Post
    They can not force HIM to not run.
    They can not force Trump to resign
    The People voted for Trump KNOWING all about Trump
    The People if they vote for Moore decided it was fine.

    The people have seen where people like McCain got railroaded to drop out and the women disappeared or were proven Lying.

    You still have some Democrats supporting Franken and Conyer but you won't call them on that.
    What about all the HUSH money paid out on behalf of the Sexual Predator by the Tax Payers you don't care about that do you?
    You mean Farenthold (R-TX)? Yeah what about that ****er and the $84000 of taxpayer money he used to settle a harassment case against him? Haven't heard one *******ed Republican call him out on the carpet.


    "It's a hard road when you know where you're going and it's harder when you know where you're not."

  24. Sponsored Links


  25. #86
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    who-ville
    Posts
    7,364
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mortal_Wombat View Post
    I never said Washing their Hands from it.

    My argument is that the Dems are just as bad and just because they got rid of Franken Who basically said the women are lying. Is not them taking the moral high ground.

    That they are and still just as bad as the GOP in these situations.
    You do realize that EVERYTHING you've said in this thread amounts to "yeah but what about Democrats" even in the face of posters ticking off multiple instances of democrats/hollywood types being taken down for their actions. yet there you sit whining "what about Democrats?"
    Last edited by FlyAway; December 7th, 2017 at 4:27 pm.


    "It's a hard road when you know where you're going and it's harder when you know where you're not."

  26. Sponsored Links


  27. #87
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Left Coast
    Posts
    49,272
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by party-free View Post
    I don't disagree, but until someone has the courage to come forward with a credible story, it's really hard to nail these guys to the wall. Rumors and whispers don't cut it.

    I'm happily on the "nail them all to the cross and make examples out of them" bandwagon. What I fear is how this may be used as a weapon against someone who is truly innocent, which is why I try to do my best to judge each situation on its own merit. When someone is falsely accused, it truly can ruin that person's life permanently. It's very hard to unring that bell once it's been rung.
    It wasn't just rumors with Weinstein though. According to the NYT his own staff was enabling him. They'd arrange "meetings" so that he could rape women.

    He was a serial rapist for years and should be in prison, not in some luxury sex rehab place, probably with Kevin Spacey.

  28. Sponsored Links


  29. #88
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    13,499
    Blog Entries
    31
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mortal_Wombat View Post
    PISS OFF
    I didn't think Franken should have resigned, He is only Resigning for Political Motive only to Pretend the Democrats have some MORAL superiority so stop.
    Many GOP Members in Congress and Senate have requested that Moore step down.
    BUT you just ignore that group right cause you want to HANG MOORE on the GOP and claim Moral Superiority but yet we had the DNC and Democrats Hiding Conyers harrasment for years.
    And Democrats elected Bill Clinton. So please spare me the BS.

    Democrats have been and are no better than the GOP.
    Democrats are doing something NOW about the problem. The GOP isn't. Big difference there. Big one.


    #MAGA = Many Are Getting Arrested.
    "Don't give this man the nuclear codes." -- Tony Schwartz, co-author "The Art of the Deal."

  30. Sponsored Links


  31. #89
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    13,499
    Blog Entries
    31
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Soldier View Post
    Well some democrats are. You can’t claim to be part of that group.

    That’s why your post about the poll was so hypocritical. You’ve been one of, if not THE biggest Franken defender and excuser.
    Call it what you want. The Dems still come out better than the Reps anyway you look at it.


    #MAGA = Many Are Getting Arrested.
    "Don't give this man the nuclear codes." -- Tony Schwartz, co-author "The Art of the Deal."

  32. Sponsored Links


  33. #90
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Harrisburg, PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    20,400
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madasheck View Post
    Democrats are doing something NOW about the problem. The GOP isn't. Big difference there. Big one.
    Well some democrats are. You canít claim to be part of that group.

    Thatís why your post about the poll was so hypocritical. Youíve been one of, if not THE biggest Franken defender and excuser.

  34. Sponsored Links


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •