; Hannity: GOP is "dead", "weak", "morally corrupt" - Page 2

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Hannity: GOP is "dead", "weak", "morally corrupt"

In a Breibart interview Monday night Hannity described the Republican party in less than glowing terms:

"Here's my view on the Republican Party," Hannity said. "It's a dead party. They are morally corrupt, they are weak. they are ineffective, they're vision-less, and they have no identity."

Now, let's be honest: Hannity thinks the GOP is less than cool primarily because as a party it has failed to give Donald the full-throated, no questions asked support he wants to see from them. And I am inclined to dismiss out of hand any assertion that either party is "dead" - that's just hyperbole. That said, this is one of the few times I agree with our host (at least in part). When you endorse, fund, and support candidates like Donald and Moore, it's hard to see you as morally upright.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...ushpmg00000313
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. - Plato

2. Sponsored Links

Republican party - last refuge for pedophile candidates

4. Sponsored Links

5. Likes bodecea, W & C liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWolf View Post
    In a sense. IMO Hannity is saying the GOP is morally corrupt because they have failed to give Donald and Moore unqualified support.
    So disloyalty is corruption? An intersting formula. Behaviorally, it leads to some zealous, but morally questionable, norms.
    "This was your heart, this swarm of flies. This was once your mouth, this bowl of lies." - Leonard Cohen

7. Sponsored Links

Does the unwillingness to act unilaterally on the part of Congress Republicans mean that they never intended to, or is something holding them back? Is the Democratic minority strong enough to block them at present?
    No. It's their gelatinous spines, ergo the charge of weak, dead and morally corrupt.
    If Peeing Your Pants Is Cool Consider Me Miles Davis

9. Sponsored Links

10. Likes The Girl from Ipanema liked this post
    Blog Entries

Kind of odd commentary from a party that has endorsed Trumpism and shows little sign of rejecting it. This ain't Eishenhower or Reagans GOP, it's the Greedy Old Pervert party.

12. Sponsored Links

13. Likes Excast, Brack liked this post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reinaert View Post
    The conservative punditocracy is not a generator of ideas. They're amplifiers. This reference may chafe, for some, but they are very much like an ulama. The harden, flex or interpret social mores, religious declarations; they support leaders, condemn internal 'enemies,' but are not an ordained priesthood.

They 'know their own,' and people become members of the group by issuing proclamations with zeal, or study, or citation, usually within a school or lineage. Influence is the reward for developing loyal followers.

They have no metropolitan, patriarch or Pope, and are not answerable to a body of canon. Their claim to authority is moral, and they exercise it while denying others the freedom to mediate it, or demand inclusion.
    I had to look up "ulama," never hurts to learn new words.

I think it's a two-way street in the way you allude to. Yes, the GOP is largely a reactionary and not creative body when it comes to social behavior and attitudes, but parroting the wishes of their constituents does afford them some measure of influence over the zeitgeist. For example, is the current apathy towards the sexual misadventures of Donald and Moore a sea change in perspective among a base that once considered personal morality in our leaders one of the most important issues to consider, or is that the influence of their leaders prompting them to accept a little sin for the sake of the larger picture (i.e., keeping Republicans' in control of the government)?
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. - Plato

15. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gwhughes View Post
    No. It's their gelatinous spines, ergo the charge of weak, dead and morally corrupt.
    What are they afraid of?

17. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reinaert View Post
    So disloyalty is corruption? An intersting formula. Behaviorally, it leads to some zealous, but morally questionable, norms.
    Yes, that's exactly what I think he's labeling as "morally corrupt." And yes, promoting and practicing unquestioned loyalty does tend to lead to a compromised morality.

19. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gwhughes View Post
    It's the incrementalism repugs feel they have to subject themselves to when they have control of both houses and the executive branch that sickens conservatives. So what if Trump is unpopular. His vetoless pen is the sole reason he's in office. And the R's are squandering that opportunity.
    Trump is more than unpopular. He's dangerous, he's disgusting, and a black eye for this country.

But what the hell, the end always justifies the means, right?
    Last edited by Blue Collar; December 7th, 2017 at 10:36 am.
    Trump's "Personal Vietnam", he boasted about dodging STDs while many of his peers fell wounded, and dead, on foreign soil. What a guy; humble too. - BC

21. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Goodman View Post
    Kind of odd commentary from a party that has endorsed Trumpism and shows little sign of rejecting it...
    That's what I was thinking. They elected our oldest and most famous con man and NOW they're worried about corruption? That's just brain-dead crazy.

23. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Collar View Post
    Trump is more than unpopular. He's dangerous, he's disgusting, and a black eye for this country.

But what the hell, the end always justifies the mean, right?
    The most vocal of Trump supporters on this site have essentially congealed their support to one general concept. Trump pisses off libs. That's the be all end all for them. They've abandoned any policy. Now it's simply to get revenge. Their pound of flesh for feeling belittled during the Obama term. They only want to thrust a finger into the eye of the rest of America. That's all. It is no more glamorous or noble than that.
    "America's burden is that it wants to be loved, but knows it can't be." --- Tony Blair

25. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by smyrna View Post
    Hannity's comment apply to both sides of the aisle......equally.
    it applies to both sides, but it's not even close to equally ... quit kidding yourself.

Conyers and Franken are done. But the party of values tolerates Trump and Moore.
    Trump's "Personal Vietnam", he boasted about dodging STDs while many of his peers fell wounded, and dead, on foreign soil. What a guy; humble too. - BC

27. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by smyrna View Post
    Hannity's comment apply to both sides of the aisle......equally.
    Is that why he said both sides of the aisle?

29. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Candyman View Post
    The most vocal of Trump supporters on this site have essentially congealed their support to one general concept. Trump pisses off libs. That's the be all end all for them. They've abandoned any policy. Now it's simply to get revenge. Their pound of flesh for feeling belittled during the Obama term. They only want to thrust a finger into the eye of the rest of America. That's all. It is no more glamorous or noble than that.
    While I agree vengeance is huge, I'd not overlook that there are some who support him because they so much want to Make America White Again. You know, like a Hallmark Card Christmas Card.

31. Sponsored Links

32. Likes nyc25 liked this post

In a Breibart interview Monday night Hannity described the Republican party in less than glowing terms:

"Here's my view on the Republican Party," Hannity said. "It's a dead party. They are morally corrupt, they are weak. they are ineffective, they're vision-less, and they have no identity."

Now, let's be honest: Hannity thinks the GOP is less than cool primarily because as a party it has failed to give Donald the full-throated, no questions asked support he wants to see from them. And I am inclined to dismiss out of hand any assertion that either party is "dead" - that's just hyperbole. That said, this is one of the few times I agree with our host (at least in part). When you endorse, fund, and support candidates like Donald and Moore, it's hard to see you as morally upright.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...ushpmg00000313
    I am enjoying the right wing devolve into an inquisition. Not for moral failings, but doctrinal difference. Good luck to Republican elected officials, the commissars will be ensuring your continued loyalty now that the GOP controls everything.

34. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Angra Mainyu View Post
    I am enjoying the right wing devolve into an inquisition. Not for moral failings, but doctrinal difference. Good luck to Republican elected officials, the commissars will be ensuring your continued loyalty now that the GOP controls everything.
    No one suspects the Covfefe Inquisition!

36. Sponsored Links

37. Likes jezcoe liked this post