Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 105
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Rural South
    Posts
    15,114
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Roy Moore, please get a new spox

    I am from Alabama. Before the sexual allegations came out, I would not have voted for Moore. No way I want someone like him to continue to make Alabama look bad nationally.

    I'm not going to vote for the Doug Jones either. Seems to a person to better represent Alabama image wise, but we need more than image.

    I feel certain Moore will win. I know my state, I know what evangelicals here want. I also know how they think, and why they are able to disbelieve the sexual allegations. I was an evangelical for 20 years, and I've lived 40 years in this state.

    Now, being from Alabama, I am torn by what appears to be the inevitable. Torn between wanting Moore to hang around the necks of the GOP for supporting him, and him being a representative of my state. Sessions was tolerable to me, Moore is going to be a big setback for Alabama's image, which is pretty low.

    Roy Moore will be bad enough. But please, please, get a new spox Roy. The one you have out making the CNN circuit is embarrassing.

    If anyone wants an example of this, I give you

    https://www.mediaite.com/tv/anderson...iew-with-spox/

    Video at link. Basically, Anderson Cooper did his homework, and she simply was not ready to answer his questions. That's bad enough, but her answers, while i laughed alot, were beyond cringe worthy. Worst spox I've ever seen interviewed.

    OK, I know Roy won't be reading this...maybe someone can pass it on.


    Alferova Yulya‏ @AlferovaYulyaE - I'm sure @realDonaldTrump will be great president! We'll support you from Russia! America needs ambitious leader! - 22 Jan 2014.

  2. Sponsored Links


  3. #61
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    19,270
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Airyaman View Post
    Greatest Onion headline in months

    RNC: 'We Warned You Gay Marriage Would Be A Slippery Slope Toward Accepting Pedophilia'
    Love it
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. - Plato

  4. Sponsored Links


  5. Likes bodecea liked this post
  6. #62
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Thenar Eminence
    Posts
    29,186
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cratic3947 View Post
    Just making fun of the left's new puritan attitude about sex. This may be coming back

    So because I think it's inappropriate for a 30 year old man to molest a 14 year old girl, that makes me a "Puritan"?

    Get the **** out of here.
    People will tell you anything but what they do is always the truth. P. J. O'Rourke

  7. Sponsored Links


  8. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Thenar Eminence
    Posts
    29,186
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
    Spox?
    I think they mean "spokesperson".
    People will tell you anything but what they do is always the truth. P. J. O'Rourke

  9. Sponsored Links


  10. #64
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    148,854
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Airyaman View Post
    I am from Alabama. Before the sexual allegations came out, I would not have voted for Moore. No way I want someone like him to continue to make Alabama look bad nationally.

    I'm not going to vote for the Doug Jones either. Seems to a person to better represent Alabama image wise, but we need more than image.

    I feel certain Moore will win. I know my state, I know what evangelicals here want. I also know how they think, and why they are able to disbelieve the sexual allegations. I was an evangelical for 20 years, and I've lived 40 years in this state.

    Now, being from Alabama, I am torn by what appears to be the inevitable. Torn between wanting Moore to hang around the necks of the GOP for supporting him, and him being a representative of my state. Sessions was tolerable to me, Moore is going to be a big setback for Alabama's image, which is pretty low.

    Roy Moore will be bad enough. But please, please, get a new spox Roy. The one you have out making the CNN circuit is embarrassing.

    If anyone wants an example of this, I give you

    https://www.mediaite.com/tv/anderson...iew-with-spox/

    Video at link. Basically, Anderson Cooper did his homework, and she simply was not ready to answer his questions. That's bad enough, but her answers, while i laughed alot, were beyond cringe worthy. Worst spox I've ever seen interviewed.

    OK, I know Roy won't be reading this...maybe someone can pass it on.
    Spox?
    Don't Blame Me I voted for Cruz! Without the 1st & 2nd Amendments the rest of The Constitution is meaningless
    THE DEFICIT

  11. Sponsored Links


  12. #65
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Rural South
    Posts
    15,114
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
    Spox?
    https://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/SPOX


    Alferova Yulya‏ @AlferovaYulyaE - I'm sure @realDonaldTrump will be great president! We'll support you from Russia! America needs ambitious leader! - 22 Jan 2014.

  13. Sponsored Links


  14. #66
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    19,270
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Two days ago Ms. Porter was in another CNN interview calling Roy Moore's accusers "criminals." Just a lovely person:

    https://nypost.com/2017/12/05/roy-mo...ers-criminals/
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. - Plato

  15. Sponsored Links


  16. #67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cratic3947 View Post
    It's odd to have watched the left morph from free love to puritanism..



    These are the new clothes the left is suggesting for work these days
    Almost as strange as the party of personal values shedding them all to support a child sexual predator. Almost.

  17. Sponsored Links


  18. #68
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    148,854
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Airyaman View Post
    It's not an acronym.

    Definition of acronym

    : a word (such as NATO, radar, or laser) formed from the initial letter or letters of each of the successive parts or major parts of a compound term; also : an abbreviation (such as FBI) formed from initial letters : initialism.
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/acronym

    It's not even English.
    Don't Blame Me I voted for Cruz! Without the 1st & 2nd Amendments the rest of The Constitution is meaningless
    THE DEFICIT

  19. Sponsored Links


  20. #69
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    19,270
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by force_field View Post
    He also suggested things got worse when we started letting black people vote. He's an *******. Even without the rapey parts.
    Hadn't heard that, but if true I'm hardly surprised.
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. - Plato

  21. Sponsored Links


  22. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Left Coast
    Posts
    49,339
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by force_field View Post
    He also suggested things got worse when we started letting black people vote. He's an *******. Even without the rapey parts.
    Yep, I've said many times he's a terrible candidate even if all the allegations are false.

  23. Sponsored Links


  24. #71
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Rural South
    Posts
    15,114
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
    It's not an acronym.

    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/acronym

    It's not even English.
    OK thanks for explaining why you were so confused.


    Alferova Yulya‏ @AlferovaYulyaE - I'm sure @realDonaldTrump will be great president! We'll support you from Russia! America needs ambitious leader! - 22 Jan 2014.

  25. Sponsored Links


  26. #72
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    148,854
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Airyaman View Post
    OK thanks for explaining why you were so confused.
    I'm not the least bit confused.
    Don't Blame Me I voted for Cruz! Without the 1st & 2nd Amendments the rest of The Constitution is meaningless
    THE DEFICIT

  27. Sponsored Links


  28. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Left Coast
    Posts
    49,339
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWolf View Post
    Two days ago Ms. Porter was in another CNN interview calling Roy Moore's accusers "criminals." Just a lovely person:

    https://nypost.com/2017/12/05/roy-mo...ers-criminals/
    Somehow it seems even worse that women like this one, the head of the RNC and the Alabama governor are so in the tank for Moore, simply because he's got an R after his name.

  29. Sponsored Links


  30. #74
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Rural South
    Posts
    15,114
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
    I'm not the least bit confused.
    Are you sure?


    Alferova Yulya‏ @AlferovaYulyaE - I'm sure @realDonaldTrump will be great president! We'll support you from Russia! America needs ambitious leader! - 22 Jan 2014.

  31. Sponsored Links


  32. Likes bodecea liked this post
  33. #75
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    The road less travelled
    Posts
    108,860
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
    It's not an acronym.

    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/acronym

    It's not even English.
    Oh Miriam, oh Miriam, Oh wherefore art thou
    Come unglued from my dairy-air now
    so that I may pic-nit
    the definition of it
    as again we all groan: holy cow!
    .........................
    ďThe best defense against bull **** is vigilance - So if you smell something, say something." Jon Stewart

  34. Sponsored Links


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •