Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 156

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default Al Franken should NOT resign. I hate hypocrisy i don't care who is doing it

    It seems as if al franken gets a little touchy touchy with pictures. I hate him. i hate hes politics. i think hes a rabid liberal. but he should not resign. Not as long as conyers, moore, trump and any other politician accused of sexual misconduct resigns.

    First i believe unless a criminal doing was done it should be up to the voters to decide if the candidate wants to stay. being immoral has never stopped a politician from running before so why start now? unless franken did something criminal. Why should he be forced to resign but moore win a senate seat? Why does trump get to stay? heck i think more women accused trump of sexual misconduct then they have al franken. so the president gets to stay? but someone below him has to go?

    Franken should stay and tell liberals and consv to **** off. If the voters hate hes conduct so much they can vote him out of office. i would be pissed as hell if i had to resign for something the president of the united states gets to stay for.

    BTW menedez from NJ did things ten times worse then franken and no one asked him to resign.
    went to heaven.. couldnt get in.. for what i had done.. i said forsake me.. they said your crazy.. youve done to much harm

  2. Sponsored Links


  3. Likes Fulmination liked this post
  4. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Rural South
    Posts
    15,140
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Of course you don't want Franken to resign, because if he does, Moore's election will be used extensively in 2018 to flip the House, and maybe even the Senate.

    But c'mon? Its OK to be immoral as long as you are not criminal? Let me try that at work tomorrow. On 2nd thought, no thanks.

    If I can get fired for sexual harassment, so can elected officials.


    Alferova Yulya‏ @AlferovaYulyaE - I'm sure @realDonaldTrump will be great president! We'll support you from Russia! America needs ambitious leader! - 22 Jan 2014.

  5. Sponsored Links


  6. Likes Solsbury Krill, Jamerican liked this post
  7. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Panem
    Age
    20
    Posts
    2,592
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Airyaman View Post
    Of course you don't want Franken to resign, because if he does, Moore's election will be used extensively in 2018 to flip the House, and maybe even the Senate.

    But c'mon? Its OK to be immoral as long as you are not criminal? Let me try that at work tomorrow. On 2nd thought, no thanks.

    If I can get fired for sexual harassment, so can elected officials.
    I'm not sure if that is likely. People are tired. Tired of the same old, same old politics. They want change, positive change, a change for liberty. There is the silent majority. People aren't going to want to elect someone who keeps running on the same principle but never following through with them. And that's most of the Democrats. Except for the principle, stop Trump in every way possible. That was established by the Democratic voter base. All the others are based around Democrat politicians keeping their jobs in D.C. Or, most of them.
    "Ignis aurum probat"

  8. Sponsored Links


  9. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    10,186
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlameHeart View Post
    I'm not sure if that is likely. People are tired. Tired of the same old, same old politics. They want change, positive change, a change for liberty. There is the silent majority. People aren't going to want to elect someone who keeps running on the same principle but never following through with them. And that's most of the Democrats. Except for the principle, stop Trump in every way possible. That was established by the Democratic voter base. All the others are based around Democrat politicians keeping their jobs in D.C. Or, most of them.
    Not even close. When it comes to "who has to resign", it's always Democrats because of their constituencies and the organizations they belong to. That applies at the consumer level as well. People like Trump and Moore have constituencies and overlapping consumer bases that if they had two ****s wouldn't give 'em . They simply don't care, it doesn't really bother them, so people like Trump and Moore can safely ride it out.

  10. Sponsored Links


  11. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Airyaman View Post
    Of course you don't want Franken to resign, because if he does, Moore's election will be used extensively in 2018 to flip the House, and maybe even the Senate.

    But c'mon? Its OK to be immoral as long as you are not criminal? Let me try that at work tomorrow. On 2nd thought, no thanks.

    If I can get fired for sexual harassment, so can elected officials.
    dems in my oponion are already going to flip the house. the senate im not sure about so no this was not in my reason why i think franken should not resign.

    the reason is there is a **** ton of sexual predators in congress/senate and its not fair for franken to resign when others are just going to hang in there.
    went to heaven.. couldnt get in.. for what i had done.. i said forsake me.. they said your crazy.. youve done to much harm

  12. Sponsored Links


  13. Likes Airyaman liked this post
  14. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Rural South
    Posts
    15,140
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gattaca View Post
    dems in my oponion are already going to flip the house. the senate im not sure about so no this was not in my reason why i think franken should not resign.

    the reason is there is a **** ton of sexual predators in congress/senate and its not fair for franken to resign when others are just going to hang in there.
    I have to give you kudos here.

    I have a feeling there are a quite a few predators in our government, at all levels. I will not call them "sexual predators" because I think sex is not their main goal. I think it is the power they believe they hold over those under them.

    Be it Hollywood, music, politics, or business, people of power have exploited others for too long. I have never been a victim, but I know there are victims. I want to empower the victims to come forward, IF they are truly victims. I realize nothing is flawless, and some will take advantage of this trend, but I hope this is a true turning point where people are treated more fairly.


    Alferova Yulya‏ @AlferovaYulyaE - I'm sure @realDonaldTrump will be great president! We'll support you from Russia! America needs ambitious leader! - 22 Jan 2014.

  15. Sponsored Links


  16. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,588
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gattaca View Post
    dems in my oponion are already going to flip the house. the senate im not sure about so no this was not in my reason why i think franken should not resign.

    the reason is there is a **** ton of sexual predators in congress/senate and its not fair for franken to resign when others are just going to hang in there.
    So instead of taking out the trash we should just ignore the pasts of these individuals?

    Strange logic.

    We should strive for representatives that don't just talk a good game, but actually back it up with the way they choose to live their lives.
    "I prefer someone who burns the flag and then wraps themselves up in the Constitution over someone who burns the Constitution and then wraps themselves up in the flag" - Molly Ivins

  17. Sponsored Links


  18. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    26,497
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gattaca View Post
    dems in my oponion are already going to flip the house. the senate im not sure about so no this was not in my reason why i think franken should not resign.

    the reason is there is a **** ton of sexual predators in congress/senate and its not fair for franken to resign when others are just going to hang in there.
    I've got three sacks of garbage in the house. I can only carry one at a time. I can't take one of them out, because it's not fair since I am leaving two in the house.

    Let's say there are 200 sexual predators/harassers in congress.
    They can't kick one of them out because "it's not fair since congress is full of them".

    Under your logic, unless they all leave at the same time, none of them should ever leave- because "it's not fair"

    I think you need to think this through again.

  19. Sponsored Links


  20. Likes Camp liked this post
  21. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    fishing a lake in my mind
    Posts
    14,906
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gattaca View Post
    dems in my oponion are already going to flip the house. the senate im not sure about so no this was not in my reason why i think franken should not resign.

    the reason is there is a **** ton of sexual predators in congress/senate and its not fair for franken to resign when others are just going to hang in there.
    I think you bigger concern is that Franken's resignation will be seen as an act of martyrdom in the face of all the republicans...including Moore. Franken resigning makes the republicans look bad...and in your eyes that is not acceptable, and Franken should not fall on the sword of resignation as it isn't because he is sorry, but because he would be doing it to potentially flip the senate. What I find hysterical in all of this is that Republicans are not acting like Democrats used to act when they got caught. NOPE...NOT RESIGNING I'll take my lumps and it will go away. Now that Republicans are doing this. People don't have the stomach for it. I don't know where I live any more. Republicans acting like democrats...Democrats acting like republicans and resigning...WOW. Things sure are as they used to be are they?
    When you say "radical right", I think of these fellows who are trying to take the Republican party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye. ​Goldwater

  22. Sponsored Links


  23. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Panem
    Age
    20
    Posts
    2,592
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    There's direct evidence of him touching a woman inappropriately while she is sleeping. For Moore et al., we still don't know yet if it's true, because there is a lack of evidence.

    Now, I'm not for victim-blaming. I've been a victim myself. And while it seems uncanny to ask the victim to provide 100 pages of evidence, but believe a potential perpetrator when they simply say "I didn't do it," I do believe people are innocent until proven guilty.

    Since there is enough evidence to prove that Al Franken did act sexually inappropriate, I do think he should resign. Just my thoughts.
    "Ignis aurum probat"

  24. Sponsored Links


  25. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    19,897
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlameHeart View Post
    There's direct evidence of him touching a woman inappropriately while she is sleeping. For Moore et al., we still don't know yet if it's true, because there is a lack of evidence.
    What about the Moore Washington Post story do you not find credible?

  26. Sponsored Links


  27. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Panem
    Age
    20
    Posts
    2,592
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sknyluv View Post
    What about the Moore Washington Post story do you not find credible?
    Washington post has been known to blow things out of proportion- although they got Nixon. But since then, they've been a parrot for politicians in D.C. (no offense). I'm going to cross-check news sources before I believe it as fact. (again, no offense.)
    "Ignis aurum probat"

  28. Sponsored Links


  29. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Left Coast
    Posts
    49,420
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlameHeart View Post
    I'm not sure if that is likely. People are tired. Tired of the same old, same old politics. They want change, positive change, a change for liberty. There is the silent majority. People aren't going to want to elect someone who keeps running on the same principle but never following through with them. And that's most of the Democrats. Except for the principle, stop Trump in every way possible. That was established by the Democratic voter base. All the others are based around Democrat politicians keeping their jobs in D.C. Or, most of them.
    We won't be getting liberty from Moore, a guy who believes Muslims cannot run for office and gays should be in prison.

    He's the worst example of a big government authoritarian.

  30. Sponsored Links


  31. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Panem
    Age
    20
    Posts
    2,592
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by itsjoanne View Post
    We won't be getting liberty from Moore, a guy who believes Muslims cannot run for office and gays should be in prison.

    He's the worst example of a big government authoritarian.
    True, you have a good point. But his opponent is even worse. Right now the race in Alabama is a big dumpster fire. That smells. Horribly.
    "Ignis aurum probat"

  32. Sponsored Links


  33. Likes Conan, Camp liked this post
  34. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    10,186
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlameHeart View Post
    True, you have a good point. But his opponent is even worse. Right now the race in Alabama is a big dumpster fire. That smells. Horribly.
    It's pretty awful how Doug Jones put away those Klan murderers and had their liberty taken away.

    Seriously, you're equivocating between Doug Jones and Roy Moore?

  35. Sponsored Links


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •