; Survey: GOPers less likely to ask sexual offenders in party to quit than Dems - Page 7

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Blog Entries

Default Survey: GOPers less likely to ask sexual offenders in party to quit than Dems

http://time.com/time-person-of-the-y...ence-breakers/

Interesting statistic in the new TIME magazine cover story with the Person of the Year Award. According to a TIME/Survey Monkey poll when the accused offender was in their party only 54% of Republicans would demand a resignation as compared to 74% of Democrats if the offender was in theirs. A 20 percent gap - that's no small difference.

Why the huge difference? Maybe the acceptance of Trump had a lot to do with that, but it's hard to say.

For the those looking for the relevant text in the story, here it is:

That political divide was revealed in the TIME/SurveyMonkey poll, which found that Republicans were significantly more likely to excuse sexual misdeeds in their own party. The survey found that while a majority of Republicans and Democrats agree that a Democratic Congressman accused of sexual harassment should resign (71% and 74% respectively), when the accused offender was in the GOP, only 54% of Republicans would demand a resignation (compared to 82% of Democrats).

#MAGA = Many Are Getting Arrested.
    "Don't give this man the nuclear codes." -- Tony Schwartz, co-author "The Art of the Deal."

2. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Soldier View Post
    Wait- you say how dems are more likely to demand a resignation for sexual misconduct, but you yourself vigorously defend Franken and say he shouldn’t resign?
    Why does it amaze you that someone should disagree with a poll? Do you live in a world where everyone agrees?

#MAGA = Many Are Getting Arrested.
    "Don't give this man the nuclear codes." -- Tony Schwartz, co-author "The Art of the Deal."

4. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Borgia View Post
    No, it wasn’t. Do add “political spin” to the list of things you don’t understand.
    It's a poll to push political spin..Obviously, so work on your own reasoning..lol!

We are so lucky to live in the USA, and during an inter-glacial warming period with

President Donald J. Trump as President

6. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cratic3947 View Post
    It's a poll to push political spin..Obviously, so work on your own reasoning..lol!
    No, it wasn’t. Do add “political spin” to the list of things you don’t understand.
    The point is, you can never be too greedy.

8. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Unaffiliated View Post
    For a single seat in Congress, a person who's ideology is different than mine is light years ahead of choosing to use my voice in the process to seat a person accused of assaulting woman and dating teens as a 30+ year old man. Politics doesn't trump my principles.

You may think this is over dramatic but, I honestly worry about my country when sexual assault of women is part of a calculation in the polling booth and not an automatic no.
    Are you who you were 40 years ago? That has to be a factor. It would be easier in the case of a Franken, were incidents are more proven and much much more recent and where, upon exiting, a liberal Democrat can expected to be appointed.
    In fact, in order to claim the moral pomposity, I mean superiority, the Democrats are going to see to it that Franken is through.
    I expect Bill Clinton to be come non grata among Dems, too.
    Brennan on evidence of collusion: "I don't do evidence"

10. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by DougBH View Post
    Are you who you were 40 years ago? That has to be a factor. It would be easier in the case of a Franken, were incidents are more proven and much much more recent and where, upon exiting, a liberal Democrat can expected to be appointed.
    In fact, in order to claim the moral pomposity, I mean superiority, the Democrats are going to see to it that Franken is through.
    I expect Bill Clinton to be come non grata among Dems, too.
    I'm sure prisons are full of murders, rapists and child molesters that use a similar argument at their parole hearings.

Eh, our discussion is moot anyway. The voters of Alabama will decide. And if Moore wins, the Republican Party will decide what his role will be in their caucus.
    All together now!

12. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cratic3947 View Post
    What spin was the poll pushing?
    The point is, you can never be too greedy.

14. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by texastea View Post
    Trump personifies the WORST America has to offer. And cons celebrate him for it.
    I cannot disagree really although the "worst" might be a little harsh. When i think worse i think about the mass killers and such. I would say the worst the republican party has to offer though.

“Wrinkles will only go where the smiles have been. ”
    ― Jimmy Buffett

16. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by smyrna View Post
    Ya got me there.
    Bro it look like this retired Marine might be what causes Roy Moore to lose the Senate seat in my home state. He is a conservative write in candidate who got 5% in the latest poll.
    “Wrinkles will only go where the smiles have been. ”
    ― Jimmy Buffett

18. Sponsored Links