; Survey: GOPers less likely to ask sexual offenders in party to quit than Dems - Page 5

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Survey: GOPers less likely to ask sexual offenders in party to quit than Dems

http://time.com/time-person-of-the-y...ence-breakers/

Interesting statistic in the new TIME magazine cover story with the Person of the Year Award. According to a TIME/Survey Monkey poll when the accused offender was in their party only 54% of Republicans would demand a resignation as compared to 74% of Democrats if the offender was in theirs. A 20 percent gap - that's no small difference.

Why the huge difference? Maybe the acceptance of Trump had a lot to do with that, but it's hard to say.

For the those looking for the relevant text in the story, here it is:

That political divide was revealed in the TIME/SurveyMonkey poll, which found that Republicans were significantly more likely to excuse sexual misdeeds in their own party. The survey found that while a majority of Republicans and Democrats agree that a Democratic Congressman accused of sexual harassment should resign (71% and 74% respectively), when the accused offender was in the GOP, only 54% of Republicans would demand a resignation (compared to 82% of Democrats).

#MAGA = Many Are Getting Arrested.
    "Don't give this man the nuclear codes." -- Tony Schwartz, co-author "The Art of the Deal."

2. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jwil59 View Post
    I think the Christianity is unfair but i get why you said that. It is the modern day face of conservatism though, which is sad.
    After decades of marketing itself as the Christians' party, it's how it will be perceived. And unfair or not, perception is reality when it comes to the public eye. Christians supported Donald's candidacy and still support his presidency. Moore calls himself Christian. It will be hard for the masses to tease that apart.
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. - Plato

4. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Kegler300 View Post
    What Time doesn't tell you is that 99% of the sexual offenders are democrats.
    Gee, I wonder why Time isn't telling us that. Maybe because it's partisan-fever-dream utter nonsense?

6. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWolf View Post
    After decades of marketing itself as the Christians' party, it's how it will be perceived. And unfair or not, perception is reality when it comes to the public eye. Christians supported Donald's candidacy and still support his presidency. Moore calls himself Christian. It will be hard for the masses to tease that apart.
    I am not going to say who is Christian and who is not cause i don't know.

I do see your point about the perception though and it's a good one.
    “Wrinkles will only go where the smiles have been. ”
    ― Jimmy Buffett

8. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by itsjoanne View Post
    Thanks for proving his point.

Nope I'll take the Clintons over a child molester every time.
    Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea.

10. Sponsored Links

I'm not sure even any Republicans, except maybe Moore, have taken that stance.

The closest many get are pro life except for rape, incest or to save the life of the mother. That's the same position I have.
    Then your not pro-life, why is the fetus of rape or incest less deserving than others?
    Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea.

12. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by smyrna View Post
    Point fingers all you want but when all is said and done, look no further with your finger pointing than the person looking back at you......in the mirror.
    People point fingers at others cause when they do they think nobody is looking at them - Todd Snider (paraphrased from a song line)

I have to say though my brother, Trump is the king of finger pointing. It's about all he does man.

“Wrinkles will only go where the smiles have been. ”
    ― Jimmy Buffett

14. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Mobulis View Post
    Nope I'll take the Clintons over a child molester every time.
    This isn't an either/or situation. You can say no to Clinton, Moore and all the rest.

16. Sponsored Links

This isn't an either/or situation. You can say no to Clinton, Moore and all the rest.

Except that Hillary hasn't done anything.

18. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddad409 View Post
    They have to renounce legalized abortion as well to even talk about high ground.
    Enough with that idiocy.

We need MORE abortions in this country. There are waaaaay too many unwanted babies as it is...and you want to make that situation WORSE?????

And since you support Trump, your morality level is at about ZERO, so you may as well support abortion rights.

20. Sponsored Links

Gotta love conservative women: Holding other women responsible for their man's behavior.

22. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by jwil59 View Post
    People point fingers at others cause when they do they think nobody is looking at them - Todd Snider (paraphrased from a song line)

I have to say though my brother, Trump is the king of finger pointing. It's about all he does man.

Trump personifies the WORST America has to offer. And cons celebrate him for it.

24. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by texastea View Post
    Gotta love conservative women: Holding other women responsible for their man's behavior.
    Are you incapable of understanding that was a reference to the other Clinton with the first name of Bill?

And when will left wingers finally denounce the Clintons, who we're fully prepared to welcome Bill back to the WH as First Gentleman?

Such hypocrisy.

26. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Mobulis View Post
    Except that Hillary hasn't done anything.
    I was talking about Bill. But now that you mentioned it, Hillary enabled her husband for decades, trashing his accusers while saying last year that every woman should be believed.

Bill would have been cool president if she'd won, and none of the #MeToo movement would have happened.

28. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Borgia View Post
    Franklin is half the man his father was. Kind of hard to watch him imo.
    He's done a lot of good with Samaritans Purse. He just needs to stay out of politics.

30. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Franklin Graham has said some very cringeworthy stuff regarding Trump, such as (paraphrasing) no President has done more to advance Christianity than Trump.

I'd say no one has done more to bring dishonor to it, at least in modern times.
    Franklin is half the man his father was. Kind of hard to watch him imo.
    The point is, you can never be too greedy.

32. Sponsored Links