Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Survey: GOPers less likely to ask sexual offenders in party to quit than Dems

http://time.com/time-person-of-the-y...ence-breakers/

Interesting statistic in the new TIME magazine cover story with the Person of the Year Award. According to a TIME/Survey Monkey poll when the accused offender was in their party only 54% of Republicans would demand a resignation as compared to 74% of Democrats if the offender was in theirs. A 20 percent gap - that's no small difference.

Why the huge difference? Maybe the acceptance of Trump had a lot to do with that, but it's hard to say.

For the those looking for the relevant text in the story, here it is:

That political divide was revealed in the TIME/SurveyMonkey poll, which found that Republicans were significantly more likely to excuse sexual misdeeds in their own party. The survey found that while a majority of Republicans and Democrats agree that a Democratic Congressman accused of sexual harassment should resign (71% and 74% respectively), when the accused offender was in the GOP, only 54% of Republicans would demand a resignation (compared to 82% of Democrats).

#MAGA = Many Are Getting Arrested.
    "Don't give this man the nuclear codes." -- Tony Schwartz, co-author "The Art of the Deal."

2. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueapplepaste View Post
    Unsurprising. The GOP has become full blown party before country. Conyers and Franken are out. Yet Trump and soon to be Moore are in.

GOP vs Dems is no longer about the issues but has delved into which side lets sexual harassment and assault slide.

The GOP in its current state with Trump at the helm as become a cancer on our society. That they would defend and welcome sexual predators into their folds says it all.
    Well, it is in a way since Repubs claim to be the party of religious fervor. They talk about God and apple pie, but when it comes down to it ...

"Don't give this man the nuclear codes." -- Tony Schwartz, co-author "The Art of the Deal."

4. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueapplepaste View Post
    Unsurprising. The GOP has become full blown party before country. Conyers and Franken are out. Yet Trump and soon to be Moore are in.

GOP vs Dems is no longer about the issues but has delved into which side lets sexual harassment and assault slide.

The GOP in its current state with Trump at the helm as become a cancer on our society. That they would defend and welcome sexual predators into their folds says it all.
    Well, it is in a way since Repubs claim to be the party of religious fervor. They talk about God and apple pie, but when it comes down to it ...

6. Sponsored Links

8. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Donald and Moore - the modern day face of Christianity and conservatism. Is that unfair? Most bigly. But it doesn't change the fact that these two are the most prominent poster children.
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. - Plato

10. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by madasheck View Post
    I mean it doesn't seem surprising given the current state of things. 5 years ago I would have thought it was an onion piece with they way the GOP is today.

I've always thought many of these "Good Christians" like Moore and his ilk are only Christians of convenience and use it as an excuse to hate others and elevate themselves.

Trump has only solidified that notion for me.

12. Sponsored Links

Dems are genius on propaganda talking points.

What a great way to deflect away from the plague of sexual harassers in the lefts power structure and it's long history defending abusers...

We are so lucky to live in the USA, and during an inter-glacial warming period with

President Donald J. Trump as President

14. Sponsored Links

No surprise here, the Republican party has been morally corrupt for quite a while. There are some good moral folks still in there, but most of them are just liberal hating trolls.
    I don't stand by anything - Donald trump

16. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Not surprising.

The "good people" Nazis that showed up in Charlotte are probably feeling left out now that they're being shouldered aside by the GOP in favor of mall-crawlin' kiddie-diddlers.
    As President of our country and Commander-in-Chief of our military, I accept that people are going to call me awful things every day — and I will always defend their right to do so. --B.O.

18. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cratic3947 View Post

What a great way to deflect away from the plague of sexual harassers in the lefts power structure and it's long history defending abusers...
    Chief Grabs-a-Lot and Modern Minor Marauder Moore certainly make it easy for them.
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. - Plato

20. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWolf View Post
    Chief Grabs-a-Lot and Modern Minor Marauder Moore certainly make it easy for them.
    And that's all you have on the right.. Locker room talk and 45 years ago..... The entire media, Dem party and Hollywood covered for the Clintons and many others.

The RNC should dig up the tapes. They yelled "it's just about sex" for 5 years. It was Gerldo's entire show back then..

We are so lucky to live in the USA, and during an inter-glacial warming period with

22. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Your use of generalization, and adjectives, is brilliant.
    Trump's "Personal Vietnam", he boasted about dodging STDs while many of his peers fell wounded, and dead, on foreign soil. What a guy; humble too. - BC

24. Sponsored Links

25. Likes Cratic3947 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Borgia View Post
    The facts are painful, aren’t they?
    No, It's fun watching so many powerful dems find out they are not Bill...

A push poll by Time just shows the desperation to me... ...

27. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

The facts are painful, aren’t they?
    The point is, you can never be too greedy.

29. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by itsjoanne View Post
    Unfortunately that's true. And they've done so much damage Christianity in a couple of years that it's going to take a long, long time to repair that image.

I'm still shocked at the amount of evangelical support Trump has. I totally get why they wouldn't vote for Hillary. I wouldn't either. But there is such a thing as abstaining or voting third party. I don't want to feel dirty after casting a vote.

As for Moore, he believes some thing I think are contrary to Christianity, such as breaking laws he disagrees with and saying gays should be in jail.
    And more than these two deplorables themselves, the image of American Christianity and conservatism is even more sullied by the multitudes of people who enthusiastically support them.

31. Sponsored Links