Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 98
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    13,541
    Blog Entries
    31
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Survey: GOPers less likely to ask sexual offenders in party to quit than Dems

    http://time.com/time-person-of-the-y...ence-breakers/

    Interesting statistic in the new TIME magazine cover story with the Person of the Year Award. According to a TIME/Survey Monkey poll when the accused offender was in their party only 54% of Republicans would demand a resignation as compared to 74% of Democrats if the offender was in theirs. A 20 percent gap - that's no small difference.

    Why the huge difference? Maybe the acceptance of Trump had a lot to do with that, but it's hard to say.

    For the those looking for the relevant text in the story, here it is:

    That political divide was revealed in the TIME/SurveyMonkey poll, which found that Republicans were significantly more likely to excuse sexual misdeeds in their own party. The survey found that while a majority of Republicans and Democrats agree that a Democratic Congressman accused of sexual harassment should resign (71% and 74% respectively), when the accused offender was in the GOP, only 54% of Republicans would demand a resignation (compared to 82% of Democrats).


    #MAGA = Many Are Getting Arrested.
    "Don't give this man the nuclear codes." -- Tony Schwartz, co-author "The Art of the Deal."

  2. Sponsored Links


  3. #76
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    8,422
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by itsjoanne View Post
    I'm not sure even any Republicans, except maybe Moore, have taken that stance.

    The closest many get are pro life except for rape, incest or to save the life of the mother. That's the same position I have.
    So a fetus does not have the same value as a baby?
    The point is, you can never be too greedy.

  4. Sponsored Links


  5. #77
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    8,422
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cratic3947 View Post
    A push poll by Time just shows the desperation to me... ...
    So you don’t know the definition of “push poll”. Add that to the long list detailing your ignorance.
    The point is, you can never be too greedy.

  6. Sponsored Links


  7. #78
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbo
    Posts
    42,222
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwil59 View Post
    People point fingers at others cause when they do they think nobody is looking at them - Todd Snider (paraphrased from a song line)

    I have to say though my brother, Trump is the king of finger pointing. It's about all he does man.

    Ya got me there.
    Friendly Neighborhood...Smyrnaman

  8. Sponsored Links


  9. #79

    Default

    Cons like men with big hands who grab women by the *****

  10. Sponsored Links


  11. #80
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,815
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jezcoe View Post
    I think that there is validity to the argument that if Clinton had won we would not be seeing this reaction about harassment.
    I'm not so sure. In today's climate I think Clinton would have been skewered.

  12. Sponsored Links


  13. #81
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Harrisburg, PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    20,410
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madasheck View Post
    http://time.com/time-person-of-the-y...ence-breakers/

    Interesting statistic in the new TIME magazine cover story with the Person of the Year Award. According to a TIME/Survey Monkey poll when the accused offender was in their party only 54% of Republicans would demand a resignation as compared to 74% of Democrats if the offender was in theirs. A 20 percent gap - that's no small difference.

    Why the huge difference? Maybe the acceptance of Trump had a lot to do with that, but it's hard to say.

    For the those looking for the relevant text in the story, here it is:
    Wait- you say how dems are more likely to demand a resignation for sexual misconduct, but you yourself vigorously defend Franken and say he shouldn’t resign?

  14. Sponsored Links


  15. #82
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Harrisburg, PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    20,410
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Airyaman View Post
    Condemn only one? Am i even condemning Packwood? Seems you are trying to create a strawman argument.

    Please show me where I have ever once supported Clinton, Bill or Hillary.

    I will not be holding my breath.
    I just like how the OP is saying how it’s democrats demanding resignations, yet he himself defends Franken all day!

  16. Sponsored Links


  17. #83
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    3,044
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Borgia View Post
    So you don’t know the definition of “push poll”. Add that to the long list detailing your ignorance.
    I'm convinced that guy is under 18. It's not just his lack of knowledge, but sheer lack of maturity on top of it. Then again, Trump is 71. lol

  18. Sponsored Links


  19. Likes Borgia liked this post
  20. #84
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Reality
    Posts
    15,050
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DougBH View Post
    Poster boy? I condemn his and Bill Clintons assaults and abuses of power for sexual gratification equally. For some reason, you condemn only one.
    According to your previous post in this thread there are conditions where you support condemning one side and not the other - I think your threshold was ..."when we can't afford to lose a seat...".
    All together now!

  21. Sponsored Links


  22. #85
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    28,582
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blueapplepaste View Post
    I'm not so sure. In today's climate I think Clinton would have been skewered.
    Maybe.

    I do think that there is some validity to the idea that the climate wouldn't exist if Clinton had won.
    Kakistocracy n. (kak·is·toc·ra·cy / kækɪsˈtɑkɹəsi) Government by the worst persons; a form of government in which the worst persons are in power.

  23. Sponsored Links


  24. #86
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    36,821
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unaffiliated View Post
    According to your previous post in this thread there are conditions where you support condemning one side and not the other - I think your threshold was ..."when we can't afford to lose a seat...".
    Literally, that's not a matter of condemning or not condemning an action. That is a matter about what one should do about an action, even after it has been condemned.
    Don't nuke a city to get someone who was accused of a crime that occurred 40 years ago.
    Brennan on evidence of collusion: "I don't do evidence"

  25. Sponsored Links


  26. #87
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Reality
    Posts
    15,050
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DougBH View Post
    Literally, that's not a matter of condemning or not condemning an action. That is a matter about what one should do about an action, even after it has been condemned.
    Don't nuke a city to get someone who was accused of a crime that occurred 40 years ago.
    True. That would be overkill. Not hiring that someone to govern would suffice.
    All together now!

  27. Sponsored Links


  28. #88
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    36,821
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unaffiliated View Post
    True. That would be overkill. Not hiring that someone to govern would suffice.
    Absolutely. However, when the alternative is hiring someone who intends to do the exact opposite of everything you want done, you may have to make a lesser bad choice till you can find the right person.
    Brennan on evidence of collusion: "I don't do evidence"

  29. Sponsored Links


  30. #89
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    33,779
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Borgia View Post
    So you don’t know the definition of “push poll”. Add that to the long list detailing your ignorance.
    It's a poll to push political spin..Obviously, so work on your own reasoning..lol!


    We are so lucky to live in the USA, and during an inter-glacial warming period with

    President Donald J. Trump as President





  31. Sponsored Links


  32. #90
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Reality
    Posts
    15,050
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DougBH View Post
    Absolutely. However, when the alternative is hiring someone who intends to do the exact opposite of everything you want done, you may have to make a lesser bad choice till you can find the right person.
    For a single seat in Congress, a person who's ideology is different than mine is light years ahead of choosing to use my voice in the process to seat a person accused of assaulting woman and dating teens as a 30+ year old man. Politics doesn't trump my principles.

    You may think this is over dramatic but, I honestly worry about my country when sexual assault of women is part of a calculation in the polling booth and not an automatic no.
    All together now!

  33. Sponsored Links


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •