Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Is there any way the mods could beg or plead with Mr. Hannity...

...or whoever runs this site to please fix the multiple bits of broken functionality?

I know we have this site at his pleasure, but the time stamp issue, and now the editing issue, are becoming real annoyances.

Thanks in advance!
    • The unexamined life is not worth living.
    • Wisdom is knowing how little we know.
    • The arguments stay the same...only the sides making those arguments change.

2. Sponsored Links

3. Likes FlameHeart liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
    ...or whoever runs this site to please fix the multiple bits of broken functionality?

I know we have this site at his pleasure, but the time stamp issue, and now the editing issue, are becoming real annoyances.

Thanks in advance!
    I suspect they don't have their hearts in it anymore.

5. Sponsored Links

I donít want the mods saying anything. The more they pester Premiere who owns this site the more likely the powers that be will just decide to shut it down.

A glitchy forum is better than no forum.

7. Sponsored Links

Send me a list and I will pass them on

9. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Talk2Bill View Post
    Timing issues. Not sure how many servers we have, but one's time is off or something. Posters can post up to 10 minutes after another poster and it will come before the original post.

Go to post chevron takes you to the page it was posted on, but often not the particular post. (May be associated with timing issue?)

Board lag, although I haven't experienced it, many are having delays between clicking on thread title/next page and receiving data. I'm not talking seconds, but minutes. (May be associated with rolling ads)

Sports forum has for some time when you click on it populated ESPN's homepage with our forum at the bottom. Only problem is, espn takes forever to load and usually locks up browser making sports forum unnavigable.
    If Peeing Your Pants Is Cool Consider Me Miles Davis

11. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gwhughes View Post
    Timing issues. Not sure how many servers we have, but one's time is off or something. Posters can post up to 10 minutes after another poster and it will come before the original post.
    Not just that, but the posts will appear as if they were posted before the original (they will have a lower post # and will have a timestamp that is earlier).

Also, the Securi Firewall issue where some punctuation will cause a thread to be blocked.

Buggy edit post/reply functionality as well.

13. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Talk2Bill View Post
    Don't know if it's related to the new format, but today when I try to post comments in rapid succession it will tell me something like this: "This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 300 seconds. When I refresh the page to see how much longer before I can post, the counter actually goes up (i.e. I now need to wait 444 seconds before posting again).

This only occurs on my computer, not my cell phone.
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. - Plato

15. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWolf View Post
    Don't know if it's related to the new format, but today when I try to post comments in rapid succession it will tell me something like this: "This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 300 seconds. When I refresh the page to see how much longer before I can post, the counter actually goes up (i.e. I now need to wait 444 seconds before posting again).

This only occurs on my computer, not my cell phone.
    It's built in safety device to prevent trolls from spamming the forum.

Sorry mods....I couldn't resist.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!

17. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Conan View Post
    It's built in safety device to prevent trolls from spamming the forum.

Sorry mods....I couldn't resist.
    lol you little scamp! I'll get you at recess.
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. - Plato

19. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Welp. Up until just now, I hadn't had any problems with slow site loading or any of the other ills that others have been complaining about.

And apparently a lot of people were using either the old or the mobile skin, because I didn't noticed any changes in the site layout or design until other people kept wowing and I checked the style changer.

Whatever changes that guy made in the last few hours though, put it back!
    Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by jerks.

21. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Speeds' better now.
    Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by jerks.

23. Sponsored Links

Slow response time still an issue for me. The facelift hasn't seemed to improved anything except cosmetically.

25. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    Slow response time still an issue for me. The facelift hasn't seemed to improved anything except cosmetically.
    Assuming it's connected to adware, Google for a 'unified hosts file' for whatever operating system you have and follow the instructions from there. It'll do you better than adblock

27. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

The changes to the rest of the site look very nice.

29. Sponsored Links

The speed for me has improved today but it does seem to be inconsistent. The look of the site is still a bit dated but then I think all messageboards are suffering from that but as long as it is still functional and we can post who cares :0).

31. Sponsored Links