Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default For God's sake...

Can we please stop discussing science in the Religion Forum? We have threads on evolution (science) UFO and nukes (science) and continual demands for evidence (science).

In every Biblical story someone waltzes in to talk about evidence and, therefore, science.

Keep in mind, atheists are not the only ones who use the Bible as a science book, fundamentalists started everyone down this path.

In each in every story, something spiritual is in play. The spiritual interacts with the physical already in place.

As much as I would like the Religion Forum to thrive, science does not belong here. Can we please begin discussing the spiritual elements inherent in Bible stories?

Psst! Koushi! If you say, "No, " be forewarned I'll respond with a hug! Ah, what the heck, why wait?

(In case there are doubts, the OP title is meant very quietly, and very, very respectfully.)

2. Sponsored Links

3. Likes smyrna liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by ImRightYoureWrong View Post
    You.

You're all over the place. Sounds AGAIN like you just don't like hearing about other people who believe science should be an integral part of ones own philosophy and spirituality. And instead of taking part in those discussions or ignoring them, you'd rather argue with me about what I should or should not be discussing. I have just as much of a right to discuss religion philosophy and spirituality in the context of modern science as you have the right not to. I don't know why you are arguing here.
    Wrong. Possibly the reason you see me as "all over the place" comes from not understanding what I've been saying. This is an example of not only not being on the same page--it's an example of not even being in the same book.

When you understand what I am saying, perhaps we can talk again.

5. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Meriweather View Post
    Wrong. Possibly the reason you see me as "all over the place" comes from not understanding what I've been saying. This is an example of not only not being on the same page--it's an example of not even being in the same book.

When you understand what I am saying, perhaps we can talk again.
    Lol ok sure

7. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cbut1 View Post
    (snip)

Our oldest son has been failing to go to church with the family as he has been raised to do and this has been the hardest adjustment to make. Each Sunday with all of our kiddos in Church and the family often leading out in music with my oldest being the most diverse in his musical talents. We just are not the same without him. I do not mean regarding the music he has been the perfect child his whole life I have sung his praises on this forum numerous times. He is now trying to learn what path in life to take and we are trying to give him the room to do so and this is hard for us.

(snip)

You raised a strong independent young man and taught him to think for himself. Now he's thinking for himself. What a ****ing tragedy.

https://youtu.be/y1i--4YqPjo
    Last edited by Koushi Shinigami; December 7th, 2017 at 11:39 am.

9. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Koushi Shinigami View Post
    You raised a strong independent young man and taught him to think for himself. Now he's thinking for himself. What a ****ing tragedy.

I've got an apostolic friend whose parents had emotional breakdowns and almost disowned him for later in his life questioning the religion. Really messed him up too.. the emotional abuse

11. Sponsored Links

Why is everything have to be turned into something rude!

I said we were trying to give him the room to make his choices, it is a difficult thing to adjust to since each step of his life he has had us guide him. We are still his parents and it is our desire to still be guiding him but he is now an adult and we have to trust we have done a good job but it is not an easy transition.

It isn't a tragedy it is a challenge and a tough one for us as parents. We do have 3 more, younger than him that still need us but they also need to see how we deal with the change of older brother.

13. Sponsored Links

I said we were trying to give him the room to make his choices, it is a difficult thing to adjust to since each step of his life he has had us guide him. We are still his parents and it is our desire to still be guiding him but he is now an adult and we have to trust we have done a good job but it is not an easy transition.

It isn't a tragedy it is a challenge and a tough one for us as parents. We do have 3 more, younger than him that still need us but they also need to see how we deal with the change of older brother.
    I neglected to ask whether your oldest son is still living at home? When the girls left home, things changed, of course, but when we were all under the same roof, one thing took precedence over personal growth/growing independence. Family Tradition. Should an older child, who has enjoyed the tradition up to now, be able to opt out, or does he have a responsibility to his younger brothers to observe that tradition until he leaves home? Should he be saying, "Well, I got all I wanted (or needed) from the game, so I'm leaving." He may be a maturing young man, but young men need to see their responsibilities to younger sibs as well

Is there a change he would like to see in regards to services? Something he would like to see implemented, something he would like to see reshaped?

15. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ImRightYoureWrong View Post
    I've got an apostolic friend whose parents had emotional breakdowns and almost disowned him for later in his life questioning the religion. Really messed him up too.. the emotional abuse
    Gotta love that kind of Christianity.

17. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Why is everything have to be turned into something rude!

To be brutally honest, it's because there's nothing about you that I like.

If you are one of those that believes in eternal salvation, and the boy has already accepted Jesus the Christ as his personal Lord and Savior, then you've got not worries. You've already guaranteed him a place in heaven. Even if it is only in the outer darkness.
    Last edited by Koushi Shinigami; December 7th, 2017 at 3:15 pm.

19. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Physically very well.

Emotionally and Spiritually my wife and I have been having a rough go of it for the past couple of months. Yesterday we had a Memorial service for her last grandparent. She is not good with rapid change and this is hitting her pretty solid. We just learned that a long time friend passed last night he has been fighting a self induced ailment (liver disease).

Our oldest son has been failing to go to church with the family as he has been raised to do and this has been the hardest adjustment to make. Each Sunday with all of our kiddos in Church and the family often leading out in music with my oldest being the most diverse in his musical talents. We just are not the same without him. I do not mean regarding the music he has been the perfect child his whole life I have sung his praises on this forum numerous times. He is now trying to learn what path in life to take and we are trying to give him the room to do so and this is hard for us.

So in short Normal life issues that can effect our Spiritual strength are all going on.

My prayers for your wife and family brother.
    “Wrinkles will only go where the smiles have been. ”
    ― Jimmy Buffett

21. Sponsored Links

I neglected to ask whether your oldest son is still living at home? When the girls left home, things changed, of course, but when we were all under the same roof, one thing took precedence over personal growth/growing independence. Family Tradition. Should an older child, who has enjoyed the tradition up to now, be able to opt out, or does he have a responsibility to his younger brothers to observe that tradition until he leaves home? Should he be saying, "Well, I got all I wanted (or needed) from the game, so I'm leaving." He may be a maturing young man, but young men need to see their responsibilities to younger sibs as well

Is there a change he would like to see in regards to services? Something he would like to see implemented, something he would like to see reshaped?
    Yes he is still at home and his siblings are struggling with this current condition as well. They miss him even though they see him every day, they do not get to interact with him like they always have done.

It is all of the changes which we know are natural in many regards but it does not make it any less sorrowful of the heart.

23. Sponsored Links

Yes he is still at home and his siblings are struggling with this current condition as well. They miss him even though they see him every day, they do not get to interact with him like they always have done.

It is all of the changes which we know are natural in many regards but it does not make it any less sorrowful of the heart.
    What do you mean, they don't get to interact with him? Is he excluding them, or are they excluding him?

25. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

pufft . Sorrowful? This is the best time of my life. Been looking forward to this for 25 years. Now its finally here and I'm enjoying every second of it while it lasts. 'Cause it ain't gonna last.
    Last edited by Koushi Shinigami; December 7th, 2017 at 10:51 pm.

27. Sponsored Links

pufft . Sorrowful? This is the best time of my life. Ben looking forward to this for 25 years. Now its finally here and I'm enjoying every second of it while it lasts. 'Cause it ain't gonna last.
    You think your boys may return home for long periods of time? Perhaps you will be happily surprised. We never know what lies ahead, but my two are securely in their own homes and happy to be there. Both are happy to have my company, and I am happy in theirs. Maybe with a bit more time, this happiness in your children's company will be yours, too. I'm betting we all have good kids. My biggest concern just now is that one of my kids really needs to have her furnace checked out before it grows any colder.

29. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Most of those posts are silly beyond reason. Especially the UFO thread.

It would be nice if we could implement your suggestion.

Regardless, My life is going way too well for me to let anything here get me down. Started a new job last June and it's been a dream so far.

Does this mean you won't be posting the lyrics to Father Christmas this year?
    Friendly Neighborhood...Smyrnaman

31. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

This is like saying conjugating verbs should play an integral role in solving a math problem.
    Actually, it’s nothing at all like saying this.
    • The unexamined life is not worth living.
    • Wisdom is knowing how little we know.
    • The arguments stay the same...only the sides making those arguments change.

33. Sponsored Links