; Evidence Of Nothing

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Evidence Of Nothing

What evidence outside of religious text is there that "nothing" has ever existed? Who has ever experienced "nothing"? If "nothing" existed then no longer existed doesnt that mean it was a finite "something" due to it having multiple states - namely, existing vs not?

2. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by ImRightYoureWrong View Post
    What evidence outside of religious text is there that "nothing" has ever existed? Who has ever experienced "nothing"? If "nothing" existed then no longer existed doesnt that mean it was a finite "something" due to it having multiple states - namely, existing vs not?
    The Bible, being a ‘religious text’, must be excluded from your assertion, as it states (Pro8:22-31 and many other places) that before time (In the beginning...) God exists and also His Son (the Light of the world) and they will exist after 'the appointed time of the end’ (of time). In Scripture, it is known as “from everlasting to everlasting” (NOT ‘from eternity past to eternity future’). Oh, and by the way, He (God) 'inhabits eternity’ (all time) as well, therefore He ‘was, is, and is to come’.

In the quackery known as ‘the Big Bang (theory)’ didn’t everything come from nothing or did that singularity that exploded into everything always exist until it exploded into everything?

4. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by lbo[Rv10] View Post
    The Bible, being a ‘religious text’, must be excluded from your assertion, as it states (Pro8:22-31 and many other places) that before time (In the beginning...) God exists and also His Son (the Light of the world) and they will exist after 'the appointed time of the end’ (of time). In Scripture, it is known as “from everlasting to everlasting” (NOT ‘from eternity past to eternity future’). Oh, and by the way, He (God) 'inhabits eternity’ (all time) as well, therefore He ‘was, is, and is to come’.

In the quackery known as ‘the Big Bang (theory)’ didn’t everything come from nothing or did that singularity that exploded into everything always exist until it exploded into everything?
    The phrase "before time" makes no sense because there is a time before time.

I find it funny you call the big bang "quackery" but promote a book that says Noah built a big old ark.

The big bang was an expansion from a dense state of energy/matter. It didn't come from a "nothing" nor does science assert that reality can take on a state of "nothing". Its not surprising that you write off the big bang as "quackery". It actually takes effort and study to understand it - so I guess it's just easier to believe in the magic man.

Again, to thread topic something always existing is the only 'thing' we can support. So I ask again, what's your evidence that "nothing" can exist?

6. Sponsored Links

Yes it did.
    Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea.

8. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by ImRightYoureWrong View Post
    The phrase "before time" makes no sense because there is a time before time.
    Yes there is a ’time’ before time, it is called ‘everlasting’ in Scripture, but it is without time, meaning there is no time, it is timeless.

What do YOU call the time before time? And I’m not asking about before recorded history, I’m speaking of before “In the beginning...”(of time).

I find it funny you call the big bang "quackery" but promote a book that says Noah built a big old ark.
    The big bang is quackery, and when Noah built the big ark it was new, not old.

The big bang was an expansion from a dense state of energy/matter. It didn't come from a "nothing" nor does science assert that reality can take on a state of "nothing".
    Ok, well the Bible clearly shows that ‘nothing’ never existed so to which religious texts were you alluding?

Its not surprising that you write off the big bang as "quackery". It actually takes effort and study to understand it - so I guess it's just easier to believe in the magic man.
    Funny, it takes effort and study to understand the bible also - AND something else too: the spirit of truth(the Holy Spirit) which comes only from God.

Again, to thread topic something always existing is the only 'thing' we can support. So I ask again, what's your evidence that "nothing" can exist?
    It is not a position in which I agree so I will offer no evidence. God has always existed.
    Last edited by lbo[Rv10]; December 3rd, 2017 at 10:19 pm.

10. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Mobulis View Post
    Yes it did.
    Ok, well, we have one gentleman saying “It didn’t come from nothing” and the other gentleman saying “Yes it did”.

Seems like the argument is between you two.
    Last edited by lbo[Rv10]; December 3rd, 2017 at 10:18 pm.

12. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Yes it did.
    No it didn’t.
    • The unexamined life is not worth living.
    • Wisdom is knowing how little we know.
    • The arguments stay the same...only the sides making those arguments change.

14. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
    No it didn’t.

Why not?
    Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea.

16. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

No it didn’t.
    I think you've explained this before, but why not explain it again so maybe Lbo cna grasp it?
    "Let joy and innocence prevail."

18. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Why not?
    Because according to quantum mechanics, there is no such thing as nothing.

Rather we are in a local inflation of the spacetime foam.

20. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Yes there is a ’time’ before time, it is called ‘everlasting’ in Scripture, but it is without time, meaning there is no time, it is timeless.

What do YOU call the time before time? And I’m not asking about before recorded history, I’m speaking of before “In the beginning...”(of time).

Ok, well the Bible clearly shows that ‘nothing’ never existed so to which religious texts were you alluding?

Funny, it takes effort and study to understand the bible also - AND something else too: the spirit of truth(the Holy Spirit) which comes only from God.

It is not a position in which I agree so I will offer no evidence. God has always existed.
    So you believe reality has always existed.

For what reason should we assume that the reality that has always existed is a conscious deity?

22. Sponsored Links

Because according to quantum mechanics, there is no such thing as nothing.

Rather we are in a local inflation of the spacetime foam.

Except that's as the universe is NOW, if there was a time when there was truly nothing, no matter, energy, time. Then present day laws wouldn't exist they would be completely different.

24. Sponsored Links

So your only evidence for anything is the bible says so. Ok.

26. Sponsored Links

So you believe reality has always existed.

For what reason should we assume that the reality that has always existed is a conscious deity?
    Bible says so

28. Sponsored Links

I don't believe there is a "time" before time any more than I believe there's a 3rd dimension before the third dimension.

30. Sponsored Links