Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Default Make sure that repeal of the individual mandate is upheld in conference

Now we go to conference on the tax bill.

The Senate must stand firm in conference and ensure that the Conference Report on the tax bill contains the repeal of the individual mandate.

Frankly, I don't give a **** about the rest of Obamacare, it was always the individual mandate that I despised.

While I am hardly satisfied with Republican performance on the legislative front, repeal of the individual mandate will make me slightly less ******* off at them.

I can go back to high deductible health insurance and the rest of America can have freedom to do whatever the **** they want in regards to health insurance.

The ONLY way I will call this tax bill a win is if the final product contains the repeal of the individual mandate.

2. Sponsored Links

3. Likes Cratic3947, DMK, Camp liked this post

I've got an important question regarding the individual mandate, that maybe you can answer.

If a law is passed and is then held up as Constitutional by the Supreme Court, setting up a legal precedent, when/if that law is repealed does the legal precedent go away as well??
    Come Visit Beautiful, Scenic Jonestown

5. Sponsored Links

Is this the move that will throw lots of red state voters out of Obamacare?

Making the red state politicians fearful of their chances for re-election when the dimwitted voters figure it out?

Meaning that there will be a few "volunteer" politicians to vote against it?
    "conservatism"-the selective misapplication of genuine Conservative principles to promote the fleecing of America by special interests

7. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by ohknow35 View Post
    I've got an important question regarding the individual mandate, that maybe you can answer.

If a law is passed and is then held up as Constitutional by the Supreme Court, setting up a legal precedent, when/if that law is repealed does the legal precedent go away as well??
    The precedent would continue to stand.

9. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by peter45 View Post
    Is this the move that will throw lots of red state voters out of Obamacare?

Making the red state politicians fearful of their chances for re-election when the dimwitted voters figure it out?

Meaning that there will be a few "volunteer" politicians to vote against it?
    The dimwits are those that can't figure out the concept that when you subsidize something, you increase its price.

In any event, this won't stop ANYONE from going to the exchanges and signing up or going directly to an insurer and signing up.

11. Sponsored Links

12. Likes dianeinwa, DMK liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Safiel View Post
    The precedent would continue to stand.
    That sucks.

I guess the Republicans will eventually have to mandate something else for people to buy and pass it off as a "tax" so some more challenges can be presented in the court system. One way or another, that **** has to go away for good.
    Come Visit Beautiful, Scenic Jonestown

14. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by ohknow35 View Post
    That sucks.

I guess the Republicans will eventually have to mandate something else for people to buy and pass it off as a "tax" so some more challenges can be presented in the court system. One way or another, that **** has to go away for good.
    That is pretty much it. The courts would need to receive a challenge to a law similar to the individual mandate.

16. Sponsored Links

The dimwits are those that can't figure out the concept that when you subsidize something, you increase its price.

In any event, this won't stop ANYONE from going to the exchanges and signing up or going directly to an insurer and signing up.
    It will cut revenue to the insurers.

There have been estimates of people losing their insurance if the mandate is dropped.

Obamacare is crap,

but so is a tax cut with expectations that "trickle down" will create growth larger than the population will increase.

The economy is completely dependent on FED dollars.

The dimwits are the ones who expect that the situation will continue indefinitely, and vote for the politicians who tell them that it will.
    "conservatism"-the selective misapplication of genuine Conservative principles to promote the fleecing of America by special interests

18. Sponsored Links

Now we go to conference on the tax bill.

The Senate must stand firm in conference and ensure that the Conference Report on the tax bill contains the repeal of the individual mandate.

Frankly, I don't give a **** about the rest of Obamacare, it was always the individual mandate that I despised.
    The individual mandate is the backbone of The ACA, just as it is the backbone of any insurance pool.

Eventually Trump's legion of morons are going to start hurting from this, and then the party's over.

20. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by peter45 View Post
    It will cut revenue to the insurers.

There have been estimates of people losing their insurance if the mandate is dropped.

Obamacare is crap,

but so is a tax cut with expectations that "trickle down" will create growth larger than the population will increase.

The economy is completely dependent on FED dollars.

The dimwits are the ones who expect that the situation will continue indefinitely, and vote for the politicians who tell them that it will.
    I am under no illusions about the future of the health care markets.

For me, however, an overriding consideration is freedom. Freedom of action and freedom to refrain from action. Freedom to succeed and freedom to fail.

The health care individual mandate was an attack on freedom that I simply cannot tolerate, regardless of what the consequences of its repeal may be.

There has to be a better way that respects freedom.

22. Sponsored Links

23. Likes Camp liked this post

[snip]

There has to be a better way that respects freedom.
    That's the problem right there. Instead of a "better way" for health care, as Trump promised, they're just sabotaging the current system, which will cause a lot of pain and misery for many people. Obamacare should stay until Republicans pass this elusive "better way" they've been talking about for eight years.

25. Sponsored Links

26. Likes Publius liked this post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oryx View Post
    That's the problem right there. Instead of a "better way" for health care, as Trump promised, they're just sabotaging the current system, which will cause a lot of pain and misery for many people. Obamacare should stay until Republicans pass this elusive "better way" they've been talking about for eight years.
    I have no interest in any way at all of forcing me to give my money to other people to pay for their medical care. Thanks.
    Self appointed forum Mark Zuckerberg, feel free to ask me if any news story is real or fake.

28. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Oryx View Post
    Obamacare IS staying, just minus the individual mandate.

30. Sponsored Links

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...pealing-itself

As National Review points out, the Individual Mandate is already unenforceable in many cases.

32. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by zantax View Post
    I have no interest in any way at all of forcing me to give my money to other people to pay for their medical care. Thanks.
    Exactly. My tax dollars should not be spent in order to help ensure other people can stay healthy. If they can't afford to do that on their own they should go ahead and die.

34. Sponsored Links