; Not guilty in the Kate Steinle case. - Page 41

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

Default Not guilty in the Kate Steinle case.

So in California, you can take a rifle, point it into a crowd and pull the trigger and kill someone. And that is not a crime.

Is that the law for everyone or simply the illegal invader rule?
    Last edited by altair1013; November 30th, 2017 at 8:54 pm.

2. Sponsored Links

3. Likes SpadeMarlowe liked this post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by adroit View Post
    Which is blatantly unconstitutional.
    How would declaring a sanctuary city illegal be unconstitutional?
    Does the government work for us or do we work for the government?
    --Judge Andrew Napolitano (FNC senior judicial analyst)

5. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gidzmo View Post
    The tenth amendment does not allow the federal government to compel a state government enforce federal law.

7. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
    They are being shielded and harbored by the officials in sanctuary cities, counties, and states according to existing law.
    It's a pretty dumb thing to say that illegal aliens being held in state and county prisons are being harbored. I think you'd be laughed out of any court room if you tried to make that case.

9. Sponsored Links

Commandeering Doctrine. Jurisprudence goes back to the 1840s. Federal government can't compel local and state governments to enforce federal law.

11. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Commandeering Doctrine. Jurisprudence goes back to the 1840s. Federal government can't compel local and state governments to enforce federal law.
    Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution specifically gives immigration authority to Congress. Not the states, and not the cities.
    Last edited by Gidzmo; December 7th, 2017 at 10:51 pm.
    Does the government work for us or do we work for the government?
    --Judge Andrew Napolitano (FNC senior judicial analyst)

13. Sponsored Links

That's just crap, race played no part in this except to people hell bent on viewing everything through the prism of race assuming anyone not darker than a certain shade, not of pure white european ancestry, or not christian is somehow a victim in every case because of it.

The Jury sure as hell wasn't given all of the facts, the Judge repeatedly prevented them from being presented with all of the facts.

It boils down to this. There is no way they could find him guilty on the gun charge and not then logically also find him guilty of at least involuntary manslaughter. The judge rightfully should have set aside the verdict because of their clear bias.
    Absolutely true. The judge wasn't going to set aside the verdict however because he was probably just as biased as the jury. IMO.

15. Sponsored Links

Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution specifically gives immigration authority to Congress. Not the states, and not the cities.
    Oops!

17. Sponsored Links

18. Likes Gidzmo liked this post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dantes View Post
    The tenth amendment does not allow the federal government to compel a state government enforce federal law.
    They aren't being asked, much less required to enforce federal law.

The 10th does not relieve states from complying with federal law in any way.
    Don't Blame Me I voted for Cruz! Without the 1st & 2nd Amendments the rest of The Constitution is meaningless
    THE DEFICIT

20. Sponsored Links

21. Likes Gidzmo liked this post
    Blog Entries

It's a pretty dumb thing to say that illegal aliens being held in state and county prisons are being harbored. I think you'd be laughed out of any court room if you tried to make that case.
    It's a pretty dumb thing not to recognize that refusing to notify ICE of their being released as required by law is not harboring or shielding them from detection.

It's even dumber not to recognize that refusing to notify ICE when they know or have strong reason to suspect they have an illegal in custody is not harboring or shielding them from detection.
    Don't Blame Me I voted for Cruz! Without the 1st & 2nd Amendments the rest of The Constitution is meaningless
    THE DEFICIT

23. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

No one is requiring them to enforce federal law, they are however required by the supremacy clause to follow federal law.
    THE DEFICIT

25. Sponsored Links

26. Likes Gidzmo liked this post
    Blog Entries

While we're at it, congress should cut off all infrastructure and highway funding to any state that allows illegals to obtain a DL.
    THE DEFICIT

28. Sponsored Links

29. Likes SpadeMarlowe liked this post
    Blog Entries

Not if we got rid of activist judges and corrupt courts.
    And now that Supremes declared Trump's travel ban kosher....maybe it's high time to dismantle the courts that were ......AGHEM.....wrong?
    Support our FLAG, Military, Police, Fire fighters, 1st responders, St. Jude and Shriner's.
    Democrats didn't only fall into their own trap they brought their own cheese.

31. Sponsored Links

Yeah, duh, that's the point. It's the jurisdiction of the federal government, not state and local governments. The federal government can't force state and local governments to enforce federal law.

33. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

They aren't being asked, much less required to enforce federal law.

The 10th does not relieve states from complying with federal law in any way.
    Maybe not but the 10th limits federal laws in a great many ways.

35. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

It's a pretty dumb thing not to recognize that refusing to notify ICE of their being released as required by law is not harboring or shielding them from detection.

It's even dumber not to recognize that refusing to notify ICE when they know or have strong reason to suspect they have an illegal in custody is not harboring or shielding them from detection.
    I know so dumb. Which is why you can show me the long list of convictions for this behavior that we know is standard protocol in many cities around the nation.

37. Sponsored Links