Default Anti Virus suggestions

I had Malwarebytes but I got a new pc, one of those gigantic area 51 Alienware computers and want to put something better on it.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I don't care if I have to pay, just looking for a good anti virus that doesn't dominate resources.

2. Sponsored Links

Bitdefender

4. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Malwarebytes is great, IMO, and the nice thing is you can install other programs for use with it. I use SuperAntiSpyware and Avast.

#MAGA = Many Are Getting Arrested.
    "Don't give this man the nuclear codes." -- Tony Schwartz, co-author "The Art of the Deal."

6. Sponsored Links

I've used Windows Defender for years ... Haven't had any problems with viruses or malware.
    <a href=http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=HN.608031553965526461&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0 target=_blank>http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=HN.608...d=1.9&rs=0&p=0</a>

8. Sponsored Links

Avast and AVG are both very good freeware antivirus programs. I've used both for years without any problem. Recently I've been using Windows Defender and it too has performed well; if you're running Win 10 it's a good option.

Malwarebytes is a terrific freeware anti-malware and malware removal program.

You should have both an antivirus program and an anti-malware program on your machine.

With such a kick*** computer you must be an on-line gamer. What games do you play?
    Last edited by Neocon Bob; November 28th, 2017 at 11:13 pm.

10. Sponsored Links

Stay away from Kaspersky.

12. Sponsored Links

13. Likes madasheck liked this post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Neocon Bob View Post
    Stay away from Kaspersky.
    I haven't been to my local Fry's Electronics lately, but I remember they use to sell it.

#MAGA = Many Are Getting Arrested.
    "Don't give this man the nuclear codes." -- Tony Schwartz, co-author "The Art of the Deal."

15. Sponsored Links

I also recommend Avast. The free version does the job.

If you think something has slipped in under the radar check out BleepingComputer, they have AdwCleaner, RKill and ComboFix in their download section. All 3 are useful and free tools. ComboFix is a tool of last resort for some hard to diagnose and solve problems. The site also has good write-ups on how to manually remove problem stuff.

Make America Great Again!

17. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Kegler300 View Post
    I've used Windows Defender for years ... Haven't had any problems with viruses or malware.
    The IT folks I know at work swear by Windows Defender for their home computers. (unfortunately, work has requirements to use McAfee).
    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

19. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Neocon Bob View Post
    Avast and AVG are both very good freeware antivirus programs. I've used both for years without any problem. Recently I've been using Windows Defender and it too has performed well; if you're running Win 10 it's a good option.

Malwarebytes is a terrific freeware anti-malware and malware removal program.

You should have both an antivirus program and an anti-malware program on your machine.

With such a kick*** computer you must be an on-line gamer. What games do you play?
    Thanks guys for the replies.

What games do I play? Just about anything, but I usually keep it to a few friends. I can't suffer idiots like I did when I was younger with Doom2. Lately I've been playing Pro Evolution soccer. But I like the shoot em ups too. Right now I am still trying to get this thing set up to my liking. I have pretty much everything "Razer", headphones, mouse, keyboard.

It's great playing these games without the mouse cord drag.

21. Sponsored Links

Oh, before I forget, I have Bluetooth on my computer monitor and it says my phone is paired but I still cannot connect. Is anyone familiar with this problem? Like anything else I pair my phone to connects automatically, the computer however, no luck.

23. Sponsored Links