Default Man goes shopping on black Friday buy 8,000$ of toys for strangers.

Just a good story about how not everyone is rampaging like a maniac on black friday.

It might not be Christmas yet, but one Secret Santa in Cherry Hill, New Jersey, is already bringing the holiday cheer.

CBS News anchor Pat Gallen was reporting from a Toys "R" Us in Cherry Hill when a man identified only as "Charlie K" came to get some Black Friday shopping done.

Instead of buying just a few items for his son, he decided to pay for all 350 layaway orders ó a total of over 8,000 toys ó and asked everyone in the store to pick out three toys to be donated to Toys for Tots, an organization that distributes toys to kids whose parents can't afford them on Christmas.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/good-...ple/ar-BBFBdtp
    If we allow politicians to succeed by scaring people, we donít actually end up any safer. Fear doesnít make us safer. It makes us weaker - Justin Trudeau Prime Minister of Canada.

2. Sponsored Links

I think itís pretty neat the individual paying for layaway & wanting to give to his community wants to remain anonymous. What I donít think is good is telling others how to spend their money.

At least three toys for Toys for Tots? Why?

Who is he to tell others how to spend their money? Charity forced isnít charity.

What chaps my hide is that anyone thinks itís any of their damned business how the wealthy, who either earned and/or inherited their money, spend it. This from Thanksgiving dinner: (Unnamed Idiot) ďYou never hear about (sorry guys Iíve forgotten his name, but wealthy athlete) giving any of his money to charity. These rich hold onto their money. I like the mayor of Boston. He feeds the hungry on Thanksgiving.Ē

Lady, youíre an idiot. Itís none of your business how the wealthy spend their money.

Irony is some of these hypocrites call themselves Christian. Christian Bible teaches giving charity quietly, not broadcasting it. Maybe the guy whose name Iíve forgotten quietly gives to any number of charities, & I really care not to know which ones.

4. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Sponge Bob View Post
    I think itís pretty neat the individual paying for layaway & wanting to give to his community wants to remain anonymous. What I donít think is good is telling others how to spend their money.

Who is he to tell others how to spend their money? Charity forced isnít charity.

What chaps my hide is that anyone thinks itís any of their damned business how the wealthy, who either earned and/or inherited their money, spend it. This from Thanksgiving dinner: (Unnamed Idiot) ďYou never hear about (sorry guys Iíve forgotten his name, but wealthy athlete) giving any of his money to charity. These rich hold onto their money. I like the mayor of Boston. He feeds the hungry on Thanksgiving.Ē

Lady, youíre an idiot. Itís none of your business how the wealthy spend their money.

Irony is some of these hypocrites call themselves Christian. Christian Bible teaches giving charity quietly, not broadcasting it. Maybe the guy whose name Iíve forgotten quietly gives to any number of charities, & I really care not to know which ones.
    The way I read the story is that he asked people to choose 3 toys for the charity and he paid for them.

Not sure where the rest of your rant comes from. He didnít say anything about the wealthy bring forced to donate to charity.

Perhaps we need to remind Trump about not boasting about giving to charity? Then again Trump is a relatively new Christian so perhaps he is still learning the ropes LOL.

6. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    The way I read the story is that he asked people to choose 3 toys for the charity and he paid for them.

Not sure where the rest of your rant comes from. He didnít say anything about the wealthy bring forced to donate to charity.

Perhaps we need to remind Trump about not boasting about giving to charity? Then again Trump is a relatively new Christian so perhaps he is still learning the ropes LOL.
    Thatís just itócharity shouldnít be something to boast about. It should be done quietly; am not paying attention to Trump.

As for the rest of the rant, an individual in our circle of acquaintance seemed to think it her business how some wealthy individual or other spent his money, wanted to hear about him giving it to poor people.

Why is it anyone at allís business how the wealthy spend their money or where it goes? Those individuals earned it. Theyíre free to spend it wherever they want.

Back to the original storyóhad this Charlie K paid for items on layaway & decided to donate to Toys for Tots, thatís great! Itís the idea of telling others they should not only donate but telling them how many toys that chaps my hide. Forced charity isnít charity.

8. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Nobody was forced to do anything. It was a suggestion.

10. Sponsored Links

11. Likes Christian liked this post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sponge Bob View Post
    I think it’s pretty neat the individual paying for layaway & wanting to give to his community wants to remain anonymous. What I don’t think is good is telling others how to spend their money.

Who is he to tell others how to spend their money? Charity forced isn’t charity.

<snip>
    From the article:
    [He] "asked everyone in the store to pick out three toys to be donated to Toys for Tots".
    Where in the article does it say he "told" or demanded that people buy these 3 toys?
    The great enemy of truth is not so much the lie (deliberate, contrived and dishonest) but the myth (persistent, persuasive and unrealistic).

13. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    From the article:

Where in the article does it say he "told" or demanded that people buy these 3 toys?
    In a sense Iím a bit incensed. I live in an area that has a very anti wealthy attitude. It was expressed during Thanksgiving dinner, and I held my tongue.

ĒHe ASKED everyone in the store to pick out three toys to be donated to Tots for Tots.Ē

Why specifically three? And why is he encouraging everyone in the store to not only participate in his charitable endeavor, but in such amount?

IMO charity should be an individual, private matter.

15. Sponsored Links

Even the O P is worded with a bit of a bias.

Ē...not everyone is rampaging like a maniac on black Friday.Ē

Granted, itís insane to be in stores with minor children in particular after midnight, or when theyíd normally be in bed.

Some stores even the highways were backed up so one couldnít get to them.

But others were more accessible at pretty reasonable hours, & for some itís just fun on a day off from work or school, a chance to buy some useful items on special.

17. Sponsored Links