Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default The most accurate shooter in the history of mankind

Steve Paddock killed 59 people and injured 530 more in Las Vegas from a room 320 feet in the air and over 400 yards away from a field where people had gathered for a country music event.
    And he did all this damage with rapid fire weapons. The difficulty of doing this with these weapons shows an extraordinary weapon control because only moving the rifle by one degree would send the rounds beyond or short of the event.
    The LV Sheriff said today that he fired 1100 shots with 200 being fired through the door at security and that many of his rifles jammed.
    The breaks down to almost 600 hits in 900 shots in 10 minuets.
    Having shot automatic weapons and observing how they tend to climb the ladder the faster you pull the trigger, his accuracy from that distance is incredible. An old man with no formal training.
    Anyone buying this?

2. Sponsored Links

There were so many people there it was a Turkey Shoot.
    ///////llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

4. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by fava View Post
    You don't use a slide fire or bump stock to shoot things at 500 yards with a 300 foot drop and get the accuracy to hit a field consistently without a lot of practice and strength.
    This was an old sedentary man.
    Read some of the background pieces that have been done on him. Rodney King riots he stood on an apartment building he owned with a gun protecting the property and tenants. So he's been using weapons for a long, long, long time. He's a numbers guy. That's how he win's on the video poker games. To go along with that, the paper in the room that everyone speculated was a suicide not was drop and angle calculations.

This wasn't a guy who in the last year decided to start buying and figuring out guns. This is a guy who has owned and used them for decades. This is a guy who can figure out numbers and know how to use those numbers.
    sigline.jpg
    DISPATCHERS SAVE SECONDS.................SECONDS SAVE LIVES

6. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianJudo View Post
    how many of those were from being shoot vs panic crowd running in all directions.
    I don't recall any delineation of the 'shooting victims' injuries. There were reports of people not at the concert being mixed in others in the confusion at the hospital.
    Just a SWAG but my guess would be over 25% that were minor or even unrelated to bullet wounds.

It's a stretch to call this guy the most accurate shooter ever. If it was daylight he could have done better with single fire. He was just firing for effect at a large crowd.
    “We’re a country that spends so much time tip-toeing around the cultures that choose to join us,” she said, “and not enough time defending the culture they’ve chosen to join.” Katie Hopkins

8. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by midman View Post
    Do the reports specify a difference?
    Not that I could find.

10. Sponsored Links

You don't use a slide fire or bump stock to shoot things at 500 yards with a 300 foot drop and get the accuracy to hit a field consistently without a lot of practice and strength.
    This was an old sedentary man.
    I'm nearly 70 and not nearly as active as I used to be and have never fired an automatic weapon. But I know they climb when fired, that there are apps for my phone that can calc trajectories and lots of places in Nevada to practice. And that if I can get enough shots off fast enough, early into a crowd or 10's of thousands, one bullet may hit multiple targets. And that it's really, really easy to buy lots of guns and ammo to cut down on reload time.
    THIS IS UNDER THREAT

12. Sponsored Links

. Just say it.

14. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

At Least 59 Killed; Nearly 530 Wounded In Las Vegas Shooting
    http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...vegas-concert/
    That article only list the 530ish as treated for injuries due to the shooting, it does not specify how many of the 530ish were actually gun shot wounds. In an event like that some are hit with shrapnel, some get trampled, get hurt running away etc...

I have honestly never seen an exact number that were confirmed gunshot wounds. The closest I have seen to a number is this figure from Sunrise Hosp

On Wednesday, Sunrise Hospital revised the total number of patients it had treated down — from 214 to 200, of whom 16 died and 29 were still in critical condition. Of those, the hospital estimates about 120 had gunshot wounds, but did not release an exact figure.
    https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...ount-difficult

As you see from that roughly a little more than have of those treated there were actual gun shot wounds. Based off their figure I would guess that a little more than have the 530ish were actually gunshot wounds
    “Remember the first rule of gunfighting … have a gun.”

16. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

I tried to edit my last post to add this but apparently that function is not working correct for me, so this post is a continuation of my post #37

Also remember when looking at the number injured by gun shot some of those are pass through hits where one bullet injured multiple people and some people will be hit multiple times. So there is no real way of knowing from the info out there how what his actual ratio of hit to rounds fired

I still contend he did not have to be that great of a shot, he was on the high ground firing down on a very large crowd in a confined area. Yes its true when bump firing the muzzle will rise and the shots go higher. I assume he had bump fired before or possibly even fired auto fire at a range because those places are easy to find in LV. With that said common sense would have told him that at the angel he was shooting you simply start firing at the back of the crowd and as the muzzle climbs the rounds start hitting closer to the front of the crowd
    “Remember the first rule of gunfighting … have a gun.”

18. Sponsored Links

Steve Paddock killed 59 people and injured 530 more in Las Vegas from a room 320 feet in the air and over 400 yards away from a field where people had gathered for a country music event.
    And he did all this damage with rapid fire weapons. The difficulty of doing this with these weapons shows an extraordinary weapon control because only moving the rifle by one degree would send the rounds beyond or short of the event.
    The LV Sheriff said today that he fired 1100 shots with 200 being fired through the door at security and that many of his rifles jammed.
    The breaks down to almost 600 hits in 900 shots in 10 minuets.
    Having shot automatic weapons and observing how they tend to climb the ladder the faster you pull the trigger, his accuracy from that distance is incredible. An old man with no formal training.
    Anyone buying this?
    FYI. One degree at four hundred yards equals about twenty one feet.
    One cannot impose liberty, for to be free is humanity's greatest yearning.

20. Sponsored Links

That's some good shooting with muskets.

22. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

When you consider how densely packed the targets were and the bottlenecks at the exits along with the pass throughs this doesn't indicate anything resembling even good shooting much less spectacular shooting.

We don't even know for sure how many people were actually shot vs those injured by others or themselves in the panic.

No need to dream up conspiracies to explain what happened there.

Maybe one of these days we'll get an actual accounting of the number of those who were actually shot vs all of the other injuries/deaths.
    Don't Blame Me I voted for Cruz! Without the 1st & 2nd Amendments the rest of The Constitution is meaningless
    THE DEFICIT

24. Sponsored Links

25. Likes LouC liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Drawz View Post
    What are you driving at Fava, a second shooter or innacurate information from the Sherrif’s office?
    Since we are getting little information from the Sheriff, I have no idea. I just find it strange that this one old man did all of this alone.
    Here is a video trained on the actual rooms he was firing from.
    Do you see the muzzle flashes or the light flashes ever time the weapon fires? Do you see smoke? Do you see the palm trees move at all from all the turbulence of the bullets?
    I am just not buying the story.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx67E8yAgrM

27. Sponsored Links

Since we are getting little information from the Sheriff, I have no idea. I just find it strange that this one old man did all of this alone.
    Here is a video trained on the actual rooms he was firing from.
    Do you see the muzzle flashes or the light flashes ever time the weapon fires? Do you see smoke? Do you see the palm trees move at all from all the turbulence of the bullets?
    I am just not buying the story.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx67E8yAgrM
    So what’s your theory?

29. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by mkh View Post
    So what’s your theory?
    I have none because not enough information is presented by those who were in the room.
    Another thing I found strange is that the few pictures released, the stack of loaded magazines are neatly piled in the center of the room.
    If he went through all of that trouble and planning to execute his plan, wouldn't he place the magazines at the windows he was shooting from?
    Things just don't add up.

31. Sponsored Links

I have none because not enough information is presented by those who were in the room.
    Another thing I found strange is that the few pictures released, the stack of loaded magazines are neatly piled in the center of the room.
    If he went through all of that trouble and planning to execute his plan, wouldn't he place the magazines at the windows he was shooting from?
    Things just don't add up.
    Not enough information to make your own theory but enough to not believe what is being said. Got it.

33. Sponsored Links