Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Like Stats

Question Top 1% Own 50% of the World's Wealth

The wealth of the world continues to flow upwards into the hands of the ultra rich few. Next year it will be greater than 50% and it will continue to increase over time. Great stuff?

2. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddad409 View Post
    If you fail in America it is your own fault.
    The world is bigger then America.
    If we allow politicians to succeed by scaring people, we don’t actually end up any safer. Fear doesn’t make us safer. It makes us weaker - Justin Trudeau Prime Minister of Canada.

4. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Surprised
    Ideology
    Republican Party
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianJudo View Post
    The world is bigger then America.
    So how much do you think we should be dictating foreign countries policies (in many cases our allies)? I thought the left was against us manipulating countries through economic and military pressure.

6. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
    So how much do you think we should be dictating foreign countries policies (in many cases our allies)? I thought the left was against us manipulating countries through economic and military pressure.
    call them out on their **** like genocide and mass murder?
    liberal are not enough calling people out, we are against overthrowing government for corporate reason that benefit us and not the people of "x"
    If we allow politicians to succeed by scaring people, we don’t actually end up any safer. Fear doesn’t make us safer. It makes us weaker - Justin Trudeau Prime Minister of Canada.

8. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Samson Corwell View Post
    Well, no. Policies affect wealth allocation. Some may be bad, some may be good; some may be effective, some may be ineffective.
    Still won't effect the outcome. Ultimately it is the relationship people have with money.

10. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Do you realize that if you make $34,000 per year you are in the top 1% highest paid people in the world?

And that half of the people in the world who are in that income bracket live in the US?

And if your worth is $100,000 you are in the top 8% wealthiest people in the world?

Count your blessings rich boy and quityerbitchin.
    Wow. I did not realize that. Thank you for putting into perspective.

12. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Do you realize that if you make $34,000 per year you are in the top 1% highest paid people in the world?

And that half of the people in the world who are in that income bracket live in the US?

And if your worth is $100,000 you are in the top 8% wealthiest people in the world?

The world is bigger then just America and the West.

14. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

The world is bigger then just America and the West.
    The thread is about world wealth. The points in my post stand. SK and the rest of us here including you I am sure, are among the wealthiest people in the world.

"A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep." - Saul Bellow

16. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Don't know
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by coolidge View Post
    Still won't effect the outcome. Ultimately it is the relationship people have with money.
    Uh, no.

“Morality is…the doctrine of how we may make ourselves…worthy of happiness.” — Immanuel Kant
    You can ignore politics, but politics won't ignore you.

18. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Don't know
    Post Like Stats

How can someone say anything this dumb? Of course it will affect the outcome. Do you think that wealth allocation would be different if, say, intellectual property were abolished? Or if inheritance was replaced with some sort of return-to-the-earth policy where a person's things become open for initial acquisition again upon death?

“Morality is…the doctrine of how we may make ourselves…worthy of happiness.” — Immanuel Kant
    You can ignore politics, but politics won't ignore you.

20. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

How can someone say anything this dumb? Of course it will affect the outcome. Do you think that wealth allocation would be different if, say, intellectual property were abolished? Or if inheritance was replaced with some sort of return-to-the-earth policy where a person's things become open for initial acquisition again upon death?
    Dumb? Ha look who is posting about stripping personal property rights away. No matter how a person divides the pie up, a poor person will always be at the table wanting more. Look at professional sports players when they can't play no more. Many of them will be broke. Same with lottery winners. It all boils down to a person's relationship with money.

22. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Don't know
    Post Like Stats

Dumb? Ha look who is posting about stripping personal property rights away. No matter how a person divides the pie up, a poor person will always be at the table wanting more. Look at professional sports players when they can't play no more. Many of them will be broke. Same with lottery winners. It all boils down to a person's relationship with money.
    I never suggested any of those things. Anyway, none of those things constitutes a "stripping" of property rights. The truth of the matter is that you are simply wrong.

24. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Phlegmatic
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Post Like Stats

call them out on their **** like genocide and mass murder?
    liberal are not enough calling people out, we are against overthrowing government for corporate reason that benefit us and not the people of "x"
    So wag a finger and say "don't do that?"

26. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Phlegmatic
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Post Like Stats

So I spend a lifetime accruing wealth and stuff and when I die the govt distributes it to strangers? Are you for real?

28. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Apathetic
    Ideology
    Filthy Liberal
    Post Like Stats

Nope.
    Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea.

30. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Apathetic
    Ideology
    Filthy Liberal
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by gimpmaker View Post
    So I spend a lifetime accruing wealth and stuff and when I die the govt distributes it to strangers? Are you for real?

Your dead why do you care?
    Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea.

32. Sponsored Links