Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Post Like Stats

Question Top 1% Own 50% of the World's Wealth

The wealth of the world continues to flow upwards into the hands of the ultra rich few. Next year it will be greater than 50% and it will continue to increase over time. Great stuff?

2. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

most of the wealth doesn't really exist.
    If we allow politicians to succeed by scaring people, we don’t actually end up any safer. Fear doesn’t make us safer. It makes us weaker - Justin Trudeau Prime Minister of Canada.

4. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Solsbury Krill View Post
    The wealth of the world continues to flow upwards into the hands of the ultra rich few. Next year it will be greater than 50% and it will continue to increase over time. Great stuff?
    Late stage Capitalism.

I hope to be able to pull my rip chord on society before the pitchforks start to get sharpened.

6. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Classical Liberal
    Post Like Stats

Instead of complaining about it, I have been endeavoring to reach the 1%.

I guarantee you, that if we forcibly redistricted global wealth equally to every person. I guarantee that within a year, many people would be **** broke and others would be **** rich.

Within a generation, the global wealth distribution would be back to its current form.

There are always going to be haves and have nots and all the social engineering in the world won't change that, other than to equalize the level of misery among the have nots.

8. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Safiel View Post

I guarantee you, that if we forcibly redistricted global wealth equally to every person. I guarantee that within a year, many people would be **** broke and others would be **** rich.

Within a generation, the global wealth distribution would be back to its current form.

There are always going to be haves and have nots and all the social engineering in the world won't change that, other than to equalize the level of misery among the have nots.
    The thing is %1 isn't even that much money.
    the "Revolution" isn't going to happen in places like America or Canada it will happen in places like China, Africa, Saudi Arabia, etc where the concept of wealth inequality is white and black.
    If we allow politicians to succeed by scaring people, we don’t actually end up any safer. Fear doesn’t make us safer. It makes us weaker - Justin Trudeau Prime Minister of Canada.

10. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Classical Liberal
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Goodman View Post
    Don't you import food from China and Vietnam or something?
    I work for a transnational that import/exports/brokers food/commodities and energy world wide.

12. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Classical Liberal
    Post Like Stats

BTW, we have built over 80 schools and counting in Vietnam and contribute to a number of voluntary education and anti-poverty efforts as well as efforts to remove unexploded ordnance from Indo-China.

It IS possible to bring up living standards for some, while recognizing that there will always be a disparity.

14. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Joyously Loving Soul-Dancing
    Ideology
    Partisan Hack
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Don't you import food from China and Vietnam or something?

16. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

BTW, we have built over 80 schools and counting in Vietnam and contribute to a number of voluntary education and anti-poverty efforts as well as efforts to remove unexploded ordnance from Indo-China.

It IS possible to bring up living standards for some, while recognizing that there will always be a disparity.
    not every country is going to be America, but countries that mistreat their citizen will find out sooner or later that temporary wealth isn't worth the bloodshed.

18. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Classical Liberal
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianJudo View Post
    not every country is going to be America, but countries that mistreat their citizen will find out sooner or later that temporary wealth isn't worth the bloodshed.
    Vietnam is about as benign as a one party state can be. They do persecute people, but usually only if you directly attack the government. They are relatively free, including the freedom to travel, including to the United States. Not ideal, but I guarantee you many governments are far worse.

And by refraining from doing anything stupid, the Vietnamese government is allowing a healthy rate of growth for their economy.

20. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Vietnam is about as benign as a one party state can be. They do persecute people, but usually only if you directly attack the government. They are relatively free, including the freedom to travel, including to the United States. Not ideal, but I guarantee you many governments are far worse.

And by refraining from doing anything stupid, the Vietnamese government is allowing a healthy rate of growth for their economy.
    if you don't allow for income growth of your citizen your country will burn, there are long list of countries that will within the next decade implode much like Syria and Libya.

there will always be winners and losers but you can't treat people like trash forever sooner or later they will pick up a brick and fight back and that isn't good for anyone them or you.

22. Sponsored Links

23. Likes party-free liked this post
    My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Classical Liberal
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianJudo View Post
    if you don't allow for income growth of your citizen your country will burn, there are long list of countries that will within the next decade implode much like Syria and Libya.
    I agree, there will be implosions as you say. I don't deny that fact in the least.

25. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

Do you realize that if you make $34,000 per year you are in the top 1% highest paid people in the world?

And that half of the people in the world who are in that income bracket live in the US?

And if your worth is $100,000 you are in the top 8% wealthiest people in the world?

Count your blessings rich boy and quityerbitchin.

"A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep." - Saul Bellow

27. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Don't know
    Post Like Stats

Well, no. Policies affect wealth allocation. Some may be bad, some may be good; some may be effective, some may be ineffective.

“Morality is…the doctrine of how we may make ourselves…worthy of happiness.” — Immanuel Kant
    You can ignore politics, but politics won't ignore you.

29. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Happy
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Post Like Stats

If you fail in America it is your own fault.

31. Sponsored Links

32. Likes Toll Collector liked this post