Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Post Like Stats

While I don't find "Mo Brooks" (whoever that is) argument very compelling, I should just like to bring out that this is one more thread where the title is selling something fake compared to what is presented.
    Brennan on evidence of collusion: "I don't do evidence"

2. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Devilish
    Ideology
    Existential Nihilist
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by peek-a-boo View Post
    If I were in Alabama, I would vote for Moore but not for the reasons Mo states.

I'm absolutely sickened by Moore. I never cared for him to begin with. I believe his accusers and wish he would drop out.

Having said that, I will vote for the Moore ticket regardless of whether he drops out or not. Jones cannot be allowed to pickup the senate seat.

In my opinion, the best case scenario would be for Moore to drop out, yet still get the most votes. The election could then be declared null and void, allowing for a do over.
    So, 'sickened' isn't the right word, then. More like: emboldened.
    "This was your heart, this swarm of flies. This was once your mouth, this bowl of lies." - Leonard Cohen

4. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Reinaert View Post
    The obvious conclusion is that child-rape serves conservative ends. Or worse, is a component of conservative worldviews.
    I use the phrase “14-year-old girls courting adult men,” rather than “adult men courting 14-year-old girls,” for a reason: Evangelicals routinely frame these relationships in those terms. That’s how I was introduced to these relationships as a home-schooled teenager in the 1990s, and it’s the language that my friends and I would use to discuss girls we knew who were in parent-sanctioned relationships with older men.
    http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed...110-story.html

you are not far off.
    When a flight is proceeding incredibly well, something was forgotten.

Robert Livingston, Flying The Aeronca.

6. Sponsored Links

7. Likes Reinaert liked this post
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Ideology
    Existential Nihilist
    Post Like Stats

Not a head scratcher. Moore rapes girls. You claim to be 'sickened'. This leads you to vote for Moore. 'Sickened' is the wrong word. Moore rapes children. You feel the need to express support anyway.

Emboldened.
    "This was your heart, this swarm of flies. This was once your mouth, this bowl of lies." - Leonard Cohen

9. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by HeyJude View Post
    I read that he supports full term abortions, just like Hillary does. Both of them say the child has NO rights until they take a breath.
    "Those comments, everybody wants to attack you so they are going to make out on those comments what they want to their political advantage," Jones said. "To be clear, I fully support a woman's freedom to choose to what happens to her own body. That is an intensely, intensely personal decision that only she, in consultation with her god, her doctor, her partner or family, that's her choice.

"Having said that, the law for decades has been that late-term procedures are generally restricted except in the case of medical necessity. That's what I support. I don't see any changes in that. It is a personal decision."
    http://www.al.com/news/huntsville/in..._abortion.html
    Abortions for everyone!

11. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Happy
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Gaetano "Tommy" Lucchese View Post
    Right so there's literally nothing that would make you think that. Multiple independent accusers, the Post's investigation being confirmed by the WSJ, dozens of other people conforming he chased around young teens in his thirties, now the fact he was banned from a mall and a YMCA for harassing the young girls, what would make you say it?
    Is it a fact? If it's a fact, I'd like to see a link showing some proof. There should be a record of it.

13. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Nebraska Football View Post
    I'm saying that elections have consequences. I know, cliche.

But in all seriousness, yes, they are to blame for their decision to nominate this man. The fact the story became nationally known after the fact is irrelevant. AL voters should mount a serious write-in campaign and elect someone to represent their values....without relying on voting in someone as disgusting as this man, and then praying that Mitch McConnell and company do the right thing after the fact.
    That would of course be preferable. But I won't blame them if they don't either. Because you know as well as I do, odds are that would split the republican vote and leave them with someone they don't feel represent their interests due to the timing of this story breaking which cause many to have doubts as to it's legitimacy.
    Self appointed forum Mark Zuckerberg, feel free to ask me if any news story is real or fake.

15. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Cranky
    Ideology
    Crusty Conservative
    Post Like Stats

So, 'sickened' isn't the right word, then. More like: emboldened.
    Hillary 2020!

17. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by jezcoe View Post
    Party over country.
    its not even that, because if they were to put party over country they would push to help the GOP not look bad.

its (and im trying to come up with a snarkier, catchier name) Anti-Democrat over country

19. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by HeyJude View Post
    I read that he supports full term abortions, just like Hillary does. Both of them say the child has NO rights until they take a breath.
    I did not know that. Here is what I knew of his position....

http://www.al.com/news/huntsville/in..._abortion.html

During a wide-ranging interview on Tuesday, Jones - who faces Republican Roy Moore in the Senate election -- was asked by AL.com about his position on abortion.

"Those comments, everybody wants to attack you so they are going to make out on those comments what they want to their political advantage," Jones said. "To be clear, I fully support a woman's freedom to choose to what happens to her own body. That is an intensely, intensely personal decision that only she, in consultation with her god, her doctor, her partner or family, that's her choice.

"Having said that, the law for decades has been that late-term procedures are generally restricted except in the case of medical necessity. That's what I support. I don't see any changes in that. It is a personal decision."
    While I am staunchly pro-life and disagree with Jones here. It does not appear that he supports full-term abortion. Which is why I asked if you had a link, because I did not know he said such a thing. Am I missing something?

21. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

The obvious conclusion is that child-rape serves conservative ends. Or worse, is a component of conservative worldviews.
    Obviously, millions of conservatives and Republicans condone child rape, you got us. You people have lost your minds.
    Self appointed forum Mark Zuckerberg, feel free to ask me if any news story is real or fake.

23. Sponsored Links

24. Likes HeyJude liked this post
    My Mood
    Happy
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Nebraska Football View Post
    Do you have a link that validates the charges here, that Jones "thinks it is cool to kill full term unborn babies." I had not heard a quote from him suggesting as much.

26. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by zantax View Post
    That would of course be preferable. But I won't blame them if they don't either. Because you know as well as I do, odds are that would split the republican vote and leave them with someone they don't feel represent their interests due to the timing of this story breaking which cause many to have doubts as to it's legitimacy.
    There is no doubt that the timing makes it more challenging for some. Regardless, I personally could never risk my own integrity and morality to vote for someone who is the antithesis to my beliefs of right and wrong. Even if that meant ending up with a Senator who did not represent my values for 2 years before the next round of elections.

After all, I wrote in McMullin and ended up with Trump as my President for the next 3 years.

28. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Devilish
    Ideology
    Existential Nihilist
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by zantax View Post
    Obviously, millions of conservatives and Republicans condone child rape, you got us. You people have lost your minds.
    'Serves conservative ends' does not require million person democratic consensus, with meeting notes. The literal argument being discussed begins and ends with a child rapist who hardlines conservatism and mainlines biblolatry serving the conservative cause.

30. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

If I were in Alabama, I would vote for Moore but not for the reasons Mo states.

I'm absolutely sickened by Moore. I never cared for him to begin with. I believe his accusers and wish he would drop out.

Having said that, I will vote for the Moore ticket regardless of whether he drops out or not. Jones cannot be allowed to pickup the senate seat.

In my opinion, the best case scenario would be for Moore to drop out, yet still get the most votes. The election could then be declared null and void, allowing for a do over.
    Party over country.

32. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Devilish
    Ideology
    Existential Nihilist
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by mobiusptc View Post
    its not even that, because if they were to put party over country they would push to help the GOP not look bad.

its (and im trying to come up with a snarkier, catchier name) Anti-Democrat over country
    A vigorous monomania for authority.

34. Sponsored Links