0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Mood
    Happy
    Ideology
    Republican Party
    Post Like Stats

Default Surviving the End Time without the Mark of the Beast

Watching this video suggest ways believers can survive the end time persecution, listing ways to overcome the requirement of the the Mark of the Beast to buy and sell:

Struck me as odd. Why try to survive? What not joyfully be beheaded refusing the mark?

As a Walking Dead episode said it, to paraphrase:

"If you must eat a crap sandwich, its best not to nibble."

Who thinks we must do all we can to survive the Great Tribulation, and who agrees with me, why not accept our lot in faith. Fighting it with the wrong methods will not produce the desired result:

He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.
    (Rev. 13:10 KJV)

:
    Last edited by BornAgainChristian; November 14th, 2017 at 2:20 am.
    Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools (Rom. 1:22 KJV)

Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD (Ps. 33:12 KJV)

2. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Happy
    Ideology
    Republican Party
    Post Like Stats

I vaguely recall a movie where a man of faith was surrounded by haters, he was trapped in a rural wooden structure and they surrounded it ready to set it afire with their torches.

Their leader, may have been a warlock or just an atheist, I don't recall...

He said to the true believer in the tower (to paraphrase from memory):

"You should thank me, I am providing you with the opportunity to be a martyr for your God. Its the most blessed thing to be. Its what you claim to want most, to glorify Him. This is your chance!"

That's all I recall from the movie, it affected me greatly. I realized the unbeliever who was about to die...should thank him...

He was right, it was the man of God's time to shine for God, for the One he claimed to believe in, a glorious opportunity one could retell for all eternity among the saints...

To Make God Almighty proud in the company of His holy angels, proud for the martyr, for the strength and honor shown by His child...that vindicated God's purpose for creating man against the lies of the enemy, who slanders God continually.

What better gift can we give to our heavenly Father and LORD than vindication before His enemies? In the heavenly court?

Of course God will judge the evil man, and give him his due. But the opportunity to testify, to verify one's faith before men with the ultimate sacrifice, is priceless.

I pray constantly I not blow it, fail to glorify God in my death.

That scene in the movie was powerful, it really affected me then, and still does. Too bad I can't recall the movie. I think it was set in England, but just can't recall.
    Last edited by BornAgainChristian; November 14th, 2017 at 3:31 am.

4. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Tired
    Ideology
    Republican Party
    Post Like Stats

Random thoughts.

I'm not the kind of guy who stays up at night worrying about this stuff, but here is what pops into mind:

Insofar as God created the Earth, humanity, and eveything else on it, either those things
    - will not end, or
    - it will end when God destroys them, or
    - will end 'naturally,' because God allows it.

Whether atheist, agnostic, or believer, it is not necessary for me to figure out the which of the above will happen. Nothing I can do can prevent it. Nothing I can do can delay it. Nothing I can do will alter it. more in a bit

6. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Tired
    Ideology
    Republican Party
    Post Like Stats

When I was young and doing my share of what a country singer would call 'raising hell' (drinking and fighting). If one of my brothers got in the kind of tussle that called for us to jump in, we jumped in. Win or lose we jumped in. Ya win some ya lose some, but our role and the outcome of the fight had been decideded long ago.

When things got hot was not the time to re-decide things.

Point being
    I could not decide if scraps (fights involving more than 2 people and gentlemen's rules) would happen. They did. I was also powerless to determine *when* they would happen, or *how often* they would happen, and since we were sometimes outnumbered or outpowered I did not have the power to determine the outcome.

They only thing, the ONLY thing I got to decide was my role in the scrap and that decision was made, by me long before the event itself.

If I happen to be alive when the world comes to an end, it'll be kind of like that.

8. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Devilish
    Ideology
    Independent
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by BornAgainChristian View Post
    I vaguely recall a movie where a man of faith was surrounded by haters, he was trapped in a rural wooden structure and they surrounded it ready to set it afire with their torches.

Their leader, may have been a warlock or just an atheist, I don't recall...

He said to the true believer in the tower (to paraphrase from memory):

"You should thank me, I am providing you with the opportunity to be a martyr for your God. Its the most blessed thing to be. Its what you claim to want most, to glorify Him. This is your chance!"

That's all I recall from the movie, it affected me greatly. I realized the unbeliever who was about to die...should thank him...

He was right, it was the man of God's time to shine for God, for the One he claimed to believe in, a glorious opportunity one could retell for all eternity among the saints...

To Make God Almighty proud in the company of His holy angels, proud for the martyr, for the strength and honor shown by His child...that vindicated God's purpose for creating man against the lies of the enemy, who slanders God continually.

What better gift can we give to our heavenly Father and LORD than vindication before His enemies? In the heavenly court?

Of course God will judge the evil man, and give him his due. But the opportunity to testify, to verify one's faith before men with the ultimate sacrifice, is priceless.

I pray constantly I not blow it, fail to glorify God in my death.

That scene in the movie was powerful, it really affected me then, and still does. Too bad I can't recall the movie. I think it was set in England, but just can't recall.
    I suspect the film you're referencing is "The Wickerman" starring Chistopher Lee, circa 1973.

Good film. Ignore the 2006 remake, that was terrible.
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. - Plato

10. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Post Like Stats

Since the 7th head of the beast, who followed the 6th head of the beast (Rev 17:10), who ruled during the writing of Revelation, is dead, and we are now in the era of the 8th head of the beast, who "was" and "is not" (Rev 17:11), at the time of the writing of Revelation, your problem seems to be that you have already been marked by the 7th head, Constantine, the Great king of Rome. HIs Roman church, which he instituted at his convened Nicaea Council in 325 AD, has given you your Trinity to go along with the cross, which was given to Constantine in 312 AD during a vision involving Sol Invictus/Apollo/Apollyon.

Constantine's law of…321 [C.E] uniting Christians and pagans in the observance of the "venerable day of the sun" It is to be noted that this official solar worship, the final form of paganism in the empire…, was not the traditional Roman-Greek religion of Jupiter, Apollo, Venus, and the other Olympian deities. It was a product of the mingling Hellenistic-Oriental elements, exemplified in Aurelian's establishment of Eastern Sun worship at Rome as the official religion of the empire, and in his new temple enshrining Syrian statutes statues of Bel and the sun…. Thus at last Bel, the god of Babylon, came into the official imperial temple of Rome, the center of the imperial religion. It was this late Roman-Oriental worship of one supreme god, symbolized by the sun and absorbing lesser divinities as subordinates or manifestations of the universal deity, that competed with young Christianity. This was the Roman religion that went down in defeat but infiltrated and colored the victorious church with its own elements, some of which can be seen to this day. (Cramer 4)

On March 7, 321, Sunday was declared the official day of rest, on which markets were banned and public offices were closed,[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constantine_the_Great_and_Christianity

12. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWolf View Post
    I suspect the film you're referencing is "The Wickerman" starring Chistopher Lee, circa 1973.

Reminds new of a quote from Patton. The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

14. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Happy
    Ideology
    Republican Party
    Post Like Stats

Thanks, I rented the youtube version, fast forwarded to where Christopher Lee says he gives the martyr's death, about as I remembered it. I'm gonna watch it again. Totally forgot the Wickerman structure etc., only remembered those few lines and the end burning. Powerful, every believer should watch that and prepare themselves.

The 666 economy will be inescapable, the technology that will exist to find those who try to hide in the forests or deserts, will make that impossible. At best only delay the inevitable. Its better to rejoice in Christ for the opportunity to die the martyr's death, giving a good witness to the faith.

16. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Happy
    Ideology
    Republican Party
    Post Like Stats

Powerful, couldn't make out his last statements, but he died a martyr's death even if flawed. Better to do as James and Christ and bless those who murdered. He damned them, but I'm sure if it were real, he'd be forgiven that flaw:

Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.(Lk. 23:34 KJV)

And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep. (Acts 7:60 KJV)

In the early church, when cast to to the lions it was said a peace that passes all understanding out overwhelm the lions bite, or the flame only hurt for an instant.

So the fear of it greater than the reality, by God's grace.

18. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Happy
    Ideology
    Republican Party
    Post Like Stats

Powerful, couldn't make out his last statements, but he died a martyr's death even if flawed. Better to do as James and Christ and bless those who murdered. He damned them, but I'm sure if it were real, he'd be forgiven that flaw:

Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.(Lk. 23:34 KJV)

And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep. (Acts 7:60 KJV)

In the early church, when cast to to the lions it was said a peace that passes all understanding overwhelm the lions bite, or the flame only hurt for an instant.

So the fear of it greater than the reality, by God's grace.

20. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Inspired
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

....and yeah....though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil....for thou art with me.
    Friendly Neighborhood...Smyrnaman

22. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by smyrna View Post
    ....and yeah....though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil....for thou art with me.
    "yeah"? What translation are you using?

24. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Inspired
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Koushi Shinigami View Post
    "yeah"? What translation are you using?

redneck
    Friendly Neighborhood...Smyrnaman

26. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by smyrna View Post
    redneck
    yeah, obviously.

28. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Happy
    Ideology
    Republican Party
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
    Since the 7th head of the beast, who followed the 6th head of the beast (Rev 17:10), who ruled during the writing of Revelation, is dead, and we are now in the era of the 8th head of the beast, who "was" and "is not" (Rev 17:11), at the time of the writing of Revelation, your problem seems to be that you have already been marked by the 7th head, Constantine, the Great king of Rome. HIs Roman church, which he instituted at his convened Nicaea Council in 325 AD, has given you your Trinity to go along with the cross, which was given to Constantine in 312 AD during a vision involving Sol Invictus/Apollo/Apollyon.

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=2][COLOR=#000000]
    As a prospect Jehovah's Witness, I learned Arian antitrinitarianism, to hate the doctrine of the Trinity including the council of Nicea.

So you couldn't be more wrong, its incredible how wrong everything you said is. Olympic in wrongness.

I became a Scriptural Monotheist (Trinitarian) for scriptural reasons you never considered.

I rejected Arian antiTrinitarianism (polytheism) after a thorough study of the scripture.

For example, one of the proof texts for Arius' rejection of Christ's deity:

I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I. (Jn. 14:28 KJV)

Arius pointed to this and said "see, the Father is greater than the Son."

Without pausing to consider why it was necessary Christ affirm this. HOW could there be any doubt God is greater than a man?

Its impossible anyone not realize God is greater than the man Jesus...So WHY did Christ say this?

There must have been some reason for doubt.

How could there be ANY doubt if the disciples looked at Jesus and saw only a man?

Clearly, something is being implied by Jesus' saying the Father is greater than He is, something Arius missed entirely.

Jesus said the Father is greater than the Son, and that is true of every father, all of them are "greater" than their sons.

BUT THEY ARE NOT "BETTER"

A son is not subhuman, they are equally human as their human fathers.

And Jesus is not "subgod", He is equally God as God His Father.

Yes, Jesus is God the Son, But the Father remains the "Monarch/source" of all things, being the Father, therefore He is greater than the Son.

That was the issue Jesus was addressing when He said the Father is greater than I.

Arius missed the point entirely. ONLY God the Son can be compared with God the Father, you cannot compare anything less than God, with God.

Jesus wants everyone to know, although He is God the Son, He is not greater than God the Father.

It is necessary for salvation one believe in the Name of the Son of God.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. (Jn. 3:18 KJV)

Its not just a title. Jesus is not "a son of God" like all humans or angels can be sons of God.

Jesus is uniquely the Son of God unlike everyone else, the Father's ONLY BEGOTTEN (
    3439 μονογενής monogenes Meaning: 1) single of its kind)
    No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him. (Jn. 1:18 KJV)

Orthodox Christians, whether Eastern Orthodox, Roman Catholic or Protestant, all believe Jesus is truly the Son of God, by eternal generation.

There never was a time when the Son was not with the Father. That is the first lesson we learn in scripture, that God as to Persons is plural, but as to Being is One:

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. (Gen. 1:26 KJV)

God is One Being, but "let us make" is plural because the act of creation involved all three divine Persons (Ps. 33:6; John 1:1-3). But the "image" is singular, there is only One Being who is God:

He cannot be talking to the angels, we are not made in the image of angels.

We are made in the Image of God.

There is only one image of God, therefore God is One God:

'Listen, Israel: Yahweh our God is the one, the only Yahweh.
    (Deut. 6:4 NJB)

Yahweh the Father Yahweh the Son Yahweh the Holy Spirit, "one" is plural as to persons, One as to Being.

In reflex (mirror reverse image) to the three aspects of one man (1 Thess. 5:23): body, soul and spirit; The Image of God in the one man is a reflex of the One God, Father Son and Holy Spirit.

God is One Being, One infinite Ocean of Essence that is God in which three eternal persons subsist equally. But the Father is the Monarch, the Son begotten and the Holy Spirit proceeding.

Hence we are baptized in the Holy Trinity of the One God, Father Son and Holy Spirit:

Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, (Matt. 28:19 NKJ)
    Last edited by BornAgainChristian; November 16th, 2017 at 3:42 am.

30. Sponsored Links