Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Republican Party
    Post Like Stats

Default Didn't Watergate feel like this? 50 + only

This is for anyone who Lived thru Watergate as a voting age adult.

All others please refrain.

Trump seems to think he can pull this off, Just like Millhouse.

The dems won't be asking for his resignation...Ryan and McConnell will.

Damn.. can't believe Trump thinks he can just talk and walk.

This ain't cheesy NY real estate deals.
    The taxman is a comin'.

2. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Joyously Loving Soul-Dancing
    Ideology
    Partisan Hack
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Considering what we know of the details today, some of them could very well be yours.
    I've seen what you post, and I know what I post. I'll certainly takes my chances. Fortunately for you, seems like all posts get flushed here every so often to minimize Republican embarrassment.

4. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Goodman View Post
    Your post doesn't show that. It was over 9 months after the Watergate break in of DNC offices before there was anything to even connect the Nixon White House to it and that was because one of the burglars wrote a note to the judge saying this wasn't a CIA operation. Until then there wasn't anything pointing to the White House. If it wasn't for that and then a month later John Dean getting a conscience it would have stretched out a LOT longer and Nixon probably would have finished his second term. Watergate was a lot less tidy and clear cut then you're pretending it was.
    Watergate started with a crime. But after 16 months of investigation they haven't even found a crime other than crimes that had no connection to the campaign and lying to the FBI about things that were not illegal. They are still fishing trying despirately to find a crime, but so far, it is a great big nothing. It is NOT the same no matter how much you would like it to be.

"A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep." - Saul Bellow

6. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Joyously Loving Soul-Dancing
    Ideology
    Partisan Hack
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Watergate started with a crime. But after 16 months of investigation they haven't even found a crime other than crimes that had no connection to the campaign and lying to the FBI about things that were not illegal. They are still fishing trying despirately to find a crime, but so far, it is a great big nothing. It is NOT the same no matter how much you would like it to be.
    No, it's not the same. Watergate will look like a late library book when this is all over.

8. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

I've seen what you post, and I know what I post. I'll certainly takes my chances. Fortunately for you, seems like all posts get flushed here every so often to minimize Republican embarrassment.
    First of all, posts do not get purged here to save anybody embarrassment. Why on Earth would you think that?

Secondly, I am not a Republican and never have been, and I have no more state in the Trump Administration than you and the rest of America does. But most importantly, my posts here (with the exception of a few distractions such as this one) are in response to the OP. The OP question is, "Didn't Watergate feel like this?" and based on my first hand experience of how it felt during Watergate (I was in my twenties) I can say with complete confidence that NO it does NOT feel the same now as it did during Watergate. Not even remotely.

"A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep." - Saul Bellow

10. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

No, it's not the same. Watergate will look like a late library book when this is all over.
    Only in your dreams.

12. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Inspired
    Ideology
    Progressive Liberal
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

It is the epitome of a fishing expedition. And down deep, you know it or you would not have used the "big fish" metaphor.

But that is not the point here. The point is, there is no similarity between what is going on today with what went on during Watergate, and so far, it doesn't look like it ever will. It is beginning to look like at best, they will hang a couple of underlings for lying and get Manafort for defrauding the US exclusive of any connections he had to the Trump campaign. It only seems to "feel" (the OP title word) the same to those too young to remember what Watergate "felt" like.
    Keep thinking that. And my use of "big fish" had nothing to do with your interpretation. Believe it or don't.

#MAGA = Many Are Getting Arrested.
    "Don't give this man the nuclear codes." -- Tony Schwartz, co-author "The Art of the Deal."

14. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by madasheck View Post
    Keep thinking that. And my use of "big fish" had nothing to do with your interpretation. Believe it or don't.
    I really donít care. This isnít personal for me. Iím just here answering the opís question.

16. Sponsored Links