Page 127 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 2026
    Post Like Stats

Default Roy Moore (allegedly) diddled some teenage girls.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...s-back-denial/

"The Washington Post is imminently planning to run a piece targeting Judge Roy Moore claiming that he engaged in inappropriate conduct with four teenage girls thirty-four years ago."

-------------------

WAPO is coming with a story on it, looks like he ran to a friendly outlet (Breitbart) to try and get out ahead of it.

Classy guy. Lock up the gays, diddle the girls. Glad to see the Republican party welcoming him into their ranks.

2. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Chilled like fine wine
    Ideology
    Democratic Party
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Who View Post
    Well, here's a kicker!

That same sophomore class that Beverly Young graduated from -- also has a picture of Moore's future wife, Kayla Kisor:

They were in the same grade together, at the same school!
    So weird.

4. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Happy
    Ideology
    Filthy Liberal
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Who View Post
    Well, here's a kicker!

That same sophomore class that Beverly Young graduated from -- also has a picture of Moore's future wife, Kayla Kisor:

They were in the same grade together, at the same school!
    Southside High School, Etowah County, Alabama. She was 24 and Moore was 38.
    I don't stand by anything - Donald trump

6. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Inspired
    Ideology
    Progressive Liberal
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Boycott alert! The Wrap reports 11 advertisers have now dropped from Hannity's show.

http://www.sfgate.com/entertainment/...e-12353039.php

On Monday, Hebrew National, Volvo, Hubble Contacts and Reddi Wip joined the DNA testing service 23andMe and Nature’s Bounty, who said they were withdrawing ads from Hannity’s primetime Fox News show, in addition to the previously announced moves by Keurig, Realtor.com and the plus-size fashion label Eloquii. Meanwhile, two other advertisers, HelloFresh and TripAdvisor, clarified that any ads that run during his show were done in “error.”
    Another one-time Hannity advertiser, E-Trade, also issued a statement insisting that it has not run ads on the show in months.

#MAGA = Many Are Getting Arrested.
    "Don't give this man the nuclear codes." -- Tony Schwartz, co-author "The Art of the Deal."

8. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Chilled like fine wine
    Ideology
    Democratic Party
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by madasheck View Post
    Boycott alert! The Wrap reports 11 advertisers have now dropped from Hannity's show.

http://www.sfgate.com/entertainment/...e-12353039.php
    Madasheck, I would think twice about spreading that stuff around. It looks like it's actually a disinformation campaign. i.e. Fake.

10. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Inspired
    Ideology
    Progressive Liberal
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by LucyLou View Post
    Madasheck, I would think twice about spreading that stuff around. It looks like it's actually a disinformation campaign. i.e. Fake.
    The story is actually on the San Francisco Chronicle website. Other than a spelling error (Wip instead of Whip), I don't see anything that would indicate it's fake. The Whip link (https://www.thewrap.com/sean-hannity...moore-defense/) has the Twitter posts from the companies involved. The story, however, does not have the update with Keurig backing down.

#MAGA = Many Are Getting Arrested.
    "Don't give this man the nuclear codes." -- Tony Schwartz, co-author "The Art of the Deal."

12. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Calm
    Ideology
    Independent
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianJudo View Post
    He was banned from a shopping mall in the 80's for creeping out young girls.
    Im not sure that's true. Other media tried to confirm the story by contacting mall managers who would know. None of them could recall Moore being on a banned list.

I believe Moore's accusers but some other stories are nothing more than hearsay and not properly vetted.

14. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by itsjoanne View Post
    Im not sure that's true. Other media tried to confirm the story by contacting mall managers who would know. None of them could recall Moore being on a banned list.

I believe Moore's accusers but some other stories are nothing more than hearsay and not properly vetted.
    As a Judge Moore argued that a child rapist should be allowed to blame the victim (which is illegal under rape shield law) for her own rape because she was a whore with an STD (she wasn't) 14 year old girl

and argued again that another child rapist should be allowed to blame the victim (which is again illegal under rape shield law) for their sexual assault because they were bi-sexual lesbians 15 year old girls

and argued that the rape of four year old boy wasn't an act of forcible compulsion which is a fancy word of "forced rape under threat"

– Eric Higdon, a daycare center intern convicted of raping a four-year-old boy and accused of assaulting several other young children. Moore in July 2015 said “sodomy is an abhorrent crime and should be strictly punished” but argued the evidence did not support a lower court’s finding that Higdon had assaulted a child using “forcible compulsion”.
    The rape-shield law also arose in the case of Sherman Tate, a school mentor who was convicted of coercing two 15-year-old female students to touch him sexually. Moore argued in June 2014 that attorneys for Tate should have been allowed to tell jurors that he believed the girls were bisexual and in a relationship together.

Among Moore’s 10 dissents was the case of David Pittman, who had pleaded guilty to the rape of a 12-year-old girl. Moore in September 2015 said that Pittman ought to have been allowed to present evidence to court indicating that the girl had been sexually active and had a sexually transmitted disease.

“I believe this evidence could be relevant to the complaining witness’s alleged motive in accusing Pittman and that it is not barred by … the rape-shield rule,” Moore wrote in his dissent.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-victims-judge
    Last edited by CanadianJudo; November 15th, 2017 at 3:55 am.
    If we allow politicians to succeed by scaring people, we donít actually end up any safer. Fear doesnít make us safer. It makes us weaker - Justin Trudeau Prime Minister of Canada.

16. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Calm
    Ideology
    Independent
    Post Like Stats

As a Judge Moore argued that a child rapist should be allowed to blame the victim (which is illegal under rape shield law) for her own rape because she was a whore with an STD (she wasn't) 14 year old girl

and argued again that another child rapist should be allowed to blame the victim (which is again illegal under rape shield law) for their sexual assault because they were bi-sexual lesbians 15 year old girls

and argued that the rape of four year old boy wasn't an act of forcible compulsion which is a fancy word of "forced rape under threat"

That makes me want to vomit.

Even if the accusations of the past week had never happened, how is this jerk fit for a Senate seat? I thought he was unfit from hearing his remarks about Muslims and gays

18. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Was that the case where Hillary Clinton was the defense attorney for the child rapist, and blamed the minor victim? Did you go into a lot of detail about that during the election?
    Brennan on evidence of collusion: "I don't do evidence"

20. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

So Roy Moore is as horrible as the anti-Christ Hillary Clinton?
    No, I didn't think so.
    Brennan on evidence of collusion: "I don't do evidence"

22. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Calm
    Ideology
    Independent
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by DougBH View Post
    Was that the case where Hillary Clinton was the defense attorney for the child rapist, and blamed the minor victim? Did you go into a lot of detail about that during the election?
    I don't think now is a good time to deflect to Hillary

24. Sponsored Links

25. Likes party-free liked this post
    Post Like Stats

So Roy Moore is as horrible as the anti-Christ Hillary Clinton?
    If we allow politicians to succeed by scaring people, we donít actually end up any safer. Fear doesnít make us safer. It makes us weaker - Justin Trudeau Prime Minister of Canada.

27. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

No, I didn't think so.
    some how it was worse when Hillary did it?

29. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Chilled like fine wine
    Ideology
    Liberal Lackey
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by justmeinatlanta View Post
    Seems kinda of fishy...... after 40 some odd years in a political offices, there would have been at least rumors or even stories that would have come out, but to come out now seems odd.....
    Not really, take the Cosby accusers as an example. Some of them go back even farther.

Or the Catholic priest stuff, those kids were never going to come forward, a lot of them were in their 40s and 50s when it finally came to light.

Heck, the Penn State stuff went back decades as well.

In all of these instances what they had in common was that the perpetrator held a societal position of reverence which gave them credibility and cover over a potential accuser, to the extent the victim never felt they could come forward. No one would believe them. It didn't happen to anyone else.

With the Harvey Weinstein thing breaking the floodgates, lots of men who abused their status are being called out. Victims realize they aren't alone. Despite this, no one came forward about Moore until the WaPo broke the story. Folks in the town he lived in all knew about his behavior, but no one said anything.

If he went to the mall, they just asked him to leave because they knew he bothered teenage girls there. Because he was the DA.

And this is assuming these are the only girls, from my perspective that is almost impossible. He probably did much worse than this because this type of behavior escalates over time.
    People will tell you anything but what they do is always the truth. P. J. O'Rourke

31. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by toreyj01 View Post
    Not really, take the Cosby accusers as an example. Some of them go back even farther.

Or the Catholic priest stuff, those kids were never going to come forward, a lot of them were in their 40s and 50s when it finally came to light.

Heck, the Penn State stuff went back decades as well.

In all of these instances what they had in common was that the perpetrator held a societal position of reverence which gave them credibility and cover over a potential accuser, to the extent the victim never felt they could come forward. No one would believe them. It didn't happen to anyone else.

With the Harvey Weinstein thing breaking the floodgates, lots of men who abused their status are being called out. Victims realize they aren't alone. Despite this, no one came forward about Moore until the WaPo broke the story. Folks in the town he lived in all knew about his behavior, but no one said anything.

If he went to the mall, they just asked him to leave because they knew he bothered teenage girls there. Because he was the DA.

And this is assuming these are the only girls, from my perspective that is almost impossible. He probably did much worse than this because this type of behavior escalates over time.
    Many of the situations you refer to are still accusations that have not been proven. No doubt many of them actually happened but I don't think that is sufficient reason to start acting as if they have been proven when they haven't. This net is no doubt going to catch some slimy fish, but it's going to crush innocent people as well.
    Self appointed forum Mark Zuckerberg, feel free to ask me if any news story is real or fake.

33. Sponsored Links