View Poll Results: Who would you vote for if the 2016 presidential election were held today?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trump

30 47.62%
  • Clinton

17 26.98%
  • Gary Johnson

9 14.29%
  • Evan McMullin

3 4.76%
  • Jill Stein

0 0%
  • Other right leaning candidate

2 3.17%
  • Other left leaning candidate

2 3.17%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Post Like Stats

Default 1 year post election - who would you vote for?

Since we're approaching the anniversary of the clown show we call the 2016 presidential election, I thought I'd do a poll to see who you would vote for if the election were held today. Poll coming shortly - I'll have several options up.
    Hurricane Donald is now a Category 5. Please take all proper safety measures.

2. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Bewildered
    Ideology
    Independent
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by peek-a-boo View Post
    More platitudes.

My philosophy is to vote for the candidate most closely matching my beliefs that has the best chance of actually winning.

Just a different way of looking at life I guess.
    Hypothetical here...If your candidates were Adolf Hitler verses Joseph Stalin, which would you chose?

Sometimes knowing you're going to lose, and fighting against it anyway is the nobler path. The whole reason we had the worst two candidates ever as the front runners is precisely because of attitudes like yours.

4. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Bewildered
    Ideology
    Independent
    Post Like Stats

Only if Trump wasn't.

Trump is the incumbent GOP President. If anyone were to primary Trump, I would vote for Trump.

During the 2016 primary, I voted for Rubio. Trump was never on my radar. However, once Trump secured the nomination I held my nose and voted for him over Hillary.

I now defend Trump, as I did with Bush when he was sitting in the WH.
    Oh please...unless you're saying you held your nose with Trump's butt-cheeks, I don't believe this statement in the slightest.

6. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Cranky
    Ideology
    Crusty Conservative
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Snagglepuss View Post
    Hypothetical here...If your candidates were Adolf Hitler verses Joseph Stalin, which would you chose?

Sometimes knowing you're going to lose, and fighting against it anyway is the nobler path. The whole reason we had the worst two candidates ever as the front runners is precisely because of attitudes like yours.
    You and I have nothing to say to each other, so you can take your hypothetical and put it where the sun doesn't shine.
    Hillary 2020!

8. Sponsored Links

Ideology
    Republican Party
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Midwesterner View Post
    Good thing right wingers never did anything like that to Obama.

Difference is, Trump embraces all his corruption, misogyny, and lies. He just thinks that he is above the law and it does not matter WHAT HE DOES. Difference is, Trump and his crime family ACTUALLY have even admitted to some of the charges leveled against them. Difference is there are already THREE INDICTMENTS and one guilty plea for lying to the FBI regarding Russian Collusion. Trump even embraces the white supremacists that got him elected. Just last week he tweeted a congratulation and thanks to the white supremacists and others that put him in the white house despite losing by 3 million votes and one of the slimmest electoral victories in our history (46th out of 58 electoral victories).
    QUOTE]
    He WON, get over it. What a crazy post.. You really looked up electoral wins to feel better? You are so angry..’crime family’? Manafort was fired as Trump’s campaign manager in August, 2016. Read this:
    According to the indictment, reviewed by Fox News, between at least 2006 and 2015, Manafort and Gates acted as unregistered agents of the Government of Ukraine, the Party of Regions, a Ukrainian political party whose leader Victor Yanukovych was president from 2010 to 2014, and the Opposition Bloc. Manafort and Gates generated tens of millions of dollars in income as a result of their work in Ukraine.

But Rep. Pete King, R-N.Y., said on "America's Newsroom" that there is "no evidence" linking the Trump campaign to collusion."This pre-dates the campaign entirely, and could pre-date Paul Manafort even meeting Donald Trump. This has nothing to do with the campaign," King told Fox News. "The investigation still has to go forward but what I’ve seen so far, is there is no evidence at all linking the trump campaign to Russian influence or collusion

The difference between Trump supporters and Trump haters: Trump haters take everything he says literally but not seriously, Trump supporters take everything he says seriously, but not literally.

10. Sponsored Links

11. Likes coolidge liked this post
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by GOP_FAN View Post
    He WON, get over it. What a crazy post.. You really looked up electoral wins to feel better?
    That is my whole point. He won but his followers CAN'T GET OVER IT. They want to impeach Hillary, and pretend she is president to deflect from all the failures of the buffoon in chief since Comey and the Russians put him in the white house. Trump and his crime family ACTUALLY have even admitted to some of the charges leveled against them. The right winger response to the THREE INDICTMENTS, one guilty plea, no meaningful legislation passed, no Trumpcare, No Mexican paid for yuuuuge wall, brink of nuclear war with NK, etc. is to relive the election. Likewise with Trump's thank you and congratulations to the Xenophobes, Homophobes, white nationalists, white supremacists, simple minded racists and other deplorables that got him elected was to demand one more investigation of Hillary.

You are so angry..’crime family’? Manafort was fired as Trump’s campaign manager in August, 2016.
    Angry? I am laughing at all the enablers and apologists breaking their backs trying to defend this moron and all of his damaging actions. I am laughing at all the excuses and "whataboutisms" as the Trump crime family is facing 3 indictments, one guilty plea, and more on the way. I am laughing at the excuses they make as he did not get a single piece of legislation passed and Trumpcare failed multiple times, his Muslim ban has been shot down multiple times, there is no yuuge Mexican paid for wall, etc. The low information types still love him though and in their mind, he has probably accomplished all of the things the rest of the world plainly sees he did not. DELUSIONAL - these folks next big hope is his tax cuts for billionaires and millionaires that will add trillions to the deficit. Yeaahhh Trump!

13. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Bewildered
    Ideology
    Independent
    Post Like Stats

You and I have nothing to say to each other, so you can take your hypothetical and put it where the sun doesn't shine.
    I have plenty to say. This is a discussion board. Don't like it? Tough. Besides, putting things where the sun doesn't shine is your thing...

15. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Naughty
    Ideology
    Filthy Liberal
    Post Like Stats

Please don't stop ?

Go ahead and try to block my shtoyle !

17. Sponsored Links

Ideology
    Republican Party
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

That is my whole point. He won but his followers CAN'T GET OVER IT. They want to impeach Hillary, and pretend she is president to deflect from all the failures of the buffoon in chief since Comey and the Russians put him in the white house. Trump and his crime family ACTUALLY have even admitted to some of the charges leveled against them. The right winger response to the THREE INDICTMENTS, one guilty plea, no meaningful legislation passed, no Trumpcare, No Mexican paid for yuuuuge wall, brink of nuclear war with NK, etc. is to relive the election. Likewise with Trump's thank you and congratulations to the Xenophobes, Homophobes, white nationalists, white supremacists, simple minded racists and other deplorables that got him elected was to demand one more investigation of Hillary.

Angry? I am laughing at all the enablers and apologists breaking their backs trying to defend this moron and all of his damaging actions. I am laughing at all the excuses and "whataboutisms" as the Trump crime family is facing 3 indictments, one guilty plea, and more on the way. I am laughing at the excuses they make as he did not get a single piece of legislation passed and Trumpcare failed multiple times, his Muslim ban has been shot down multiple times, there is no yuuge Mexican paid for wall, etc. The low information types still love him though and in their mind, he has probably accomplished all of the things the rest of the world plainly sees he did not. DELUSIONAL - these folks next big hope is his tax cuts for billionaires and millionaires that will add trillions to the deficit. Yeaahhh Trump!
    thank you and congratulations to "xenophobes, homophobes and white nationalist, simple minded racists"? Back up this accusation with quotes, and proof of what you are accusing them of. You just throw crap out here, back it up!! Speaking of simple minds, your candidate of choice lost despite all the help from media, Hollywood and cheating Bernie Sanders. I will not accept your outrageous accusations, show me these Xenophobes, Homophobes, white nationalists, white supremacists, simple minded racists that Trump congratulates.
    The difference between Trump supporters and Trump haters: Trump haters take everything he says literally but not seriously, Trump supporters take everything he says seriously, but not literally.

19. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

thank you and congratulations to "xenophobes, homophobes and white nationalist, simple minded racists"? Back up this accusation with quotes, and proof of what you are accusing them of. You just throw crap out here, back it up!! Speaking of simple minds, your candidate of choice lost despite all the help from media, Hollywood and cheating Bernie Sanders. I will not accept your outrageous accusations, show me these Xenophobes, Homophobes, white nationalists, white supremacists, simple minded racists that Trump congratulates.
    Where have you been? You do recall Hillary getting scorned for pointing out that the racists, xenophobes, homophobes, white supremacists, etc. were deplorable last year during the election cycle, right? Just last week Trump thanked these deplorables on the anniversary of the election.

His exact tweet was:
    ​”​Congratulations to all of the ”DEPLORABLES” and the millions of people who gave us a MASSIVE (304-227) Electoral College landslide victory!​”
    https://nypost.com/2017/11/08/trump-...im-a-year-ago/

Bottom line, we should all be shunning the deplorables white supremacists, xenophobes, homophobes, etc. We should be expelling from the ranks of legitimate political parties and society in general. Instead we have a president thanking and congratulating them for helping him get in office. No wonder the hate crimes are on the rise. No wonder, attacks on Jewish, Muslims, Minorities, etc. are up. He put a self avowed White Nationalist in Bannon as a prominent cabinet member.

For the first time in a decade, hate crimes are up in two consecutive years in America. This rise coincides with the campaign and now presidency of Donald Trump, who has embraced bigotry like no other modern political figure.
    https://shareblue.com/hate-crimes-ta...s-to-flee-gop/

https://newsone.com/3695690/hate-cri...e-under-trump//

https://theintercept.com/2016/05/05/...slim-rhetoric/

All the deflections to "my candidate of choice" and goofy unsubstantiated accusations will not get the orange buffoon off the hook for "conspiring against America", working with a hostile power in Russia to hijack our election, etc. The three indictments already, one guilty plea, more on the way, is strong evidence that the Trump crime family will not get away with this unscathed. Trump usually has somebody to blame and throw under the bus to save his own sorry hide. This time, it may get much closer than usual as he may be forced to let his daughter, son in law, Dbag Jr. or others take the fall for him and his corruption. They are breathing down his neck and the Trump crime family's days appear to be numbered.

21. Sponsored Links

Ideology
    Republican Party
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Where have you been? You do recall Hillary getting scorned for pointing out that the racists, xenophobes, homophobes, white supremacists, etc. were deplorable last year during the election cycle, right? Just last week Trump thanked these deplorables on the anniversary of the election.

His exact tweet was:

https://nypost.com/2017/11/08/trump-...im-a-year-ago/
    THIS is your proof, Hillary, even in her own terms, called a grossly generalization, a statement during the presidential campaign and someone like you takes it to heart? She later regretted the statement, calling it a gift to Trump, but you swear by it huh?

The reference was to Clinton’s calling Trump supporters a “basket of deplorables”during last year’s campaign.
    “You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right?” Clinton said at a September 2016 fundraiser. “The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic ​-​ you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up.”
    Trump and ​his Republican supporters rallied around the term.

Bottom line, we should all be shunning the deplorables white supremacists, xenophobes, homophobes, etc. We should be expelling from the ranks of legitimate political parties and society in general. Instead we have a president thanking and congratulating them for helping him get in office. No wonder the hate crimes are on the rise. No wonder, attacks on Jewish, Muslims, Minorities, etc. are up. He put a self avowed White Nationalist in Bannon as a prominent cabinet member.
    Are you insane? You really believe that crap. You do understand that Donald Trump won, to win the presidency it takes millions of people, You believe these people are all racists and phones? Many were minority voters,
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/09/25/mostly-black-neighborhoods-voted-more-republican-in-2016-than-in-2012/

Steve Bannon a white Nationalist.. oh my, the liberal hysteria, it’s not true, why would he say this?
    Quote Originally Posted by “Washington Examiner”
    Asked about the racist violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, this past weekend, where white nationalist rallies led to a white supremacist ramming his car through a crowd of people, killing one person and injuring roughly 20 more, Bannon called "ethno-nationalism" a "fringe element" of the right and dismissed the far right as irrelevant.
    The Prospect's Robert Kuttner also asked Bannon about the connection between his platform of economic nationalism and white nationalism.
    "Ethno-nationalism — it's losers," Bannon, who reportedly did not think he was giving an interview to Kuttner, said. "It's a fringe element. I think the media plays it up too much, and we gotta help crush it, you know, uh, help crush it more."
    "These guys are a collection of clowns," he added

So much here, well let’s take hate crimes, you need to diversify your informational sites, here let’s look at these numbers updated a few days ago:

http://reason.com/blog/2017/11/13/hate-crimes-in-2016-report

After widespread worry over a supposed spike in election-adjacent hate crimes last year, many of the alleged incidents turned out to be hoaxes or misunderstandings. Now new data from the FBI further undermines the idea that 2016 saw a sort of crime wave spurred by prejudice.
    There were 271 more incidents deemed hate crimes in 2016 than the previous year, according to the latest Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) data. There were also 257 more law enforcement agencies reporting last year, so that increase could largely or even entirely be a matter of getting more complete statistics. The higher numbers mostly represent small increases in incidents classified as anti-Hispanic, anti-Jewish, anti-Muslim, or anti-white.

That brings us to your very bizarre Comments here:
    Quote Originally Posted by “Midwesterner”
    All the deflections to "my candidate of choice" and goofy unsubstantiated accusations will not get the orange buffoon off the hook for "conspiring against America", working with a hostile power in Russia to hijack our election, etc. The three indictments already, one guilty plea, more on the way, is strong evidence that the Trump crime family will not get away with this unscathed. Trump usually has somebody to blame and throw under the bus to save his own sorry hide. This time, it may get much closer than usual as he may be forced to let his daughter, son in law, Dbag Jr. or others take the fall for him and his corruption. They are breathing down his neck and the Trump crime family's days appear to be numbered.
    Look, you are being ridiculous here. Dianne Feinstein(democrat)still says there’s no evidence of collusion, none. President Trump is very good to his children, they are by all accounts, well educated, well mannered and devoted toward their family. I cannot imagine somebody being crude and nasty enough to refer to this President the way you have, and attack his family over rumors and political hysteria.

23. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

THIS is your proof, Hillary, even in her own terms, called a grossly generalization, a statement during the presidential campaign and someone like you takes it to heart? She later regretted the statement, calling it a gift to Trump, but you swear by it huh?
    Those are the facts. Hillary was absolutely correct to point out that racists, white supremacists, etc. were deplorable. Trump's only argument was that Hillary proclaimed it was half of his supporters. He did not even argue that these racists, white supremacists, etc. were not deplorable. He just tried to say Hillary had no way to know the exact percentage of his base that harbored those feelings.

Are you insane? You really believe that crap. You do understand that Donald Trump won, to win the presidency it takes millions of people, You believe these people are all racists and phones? Many were minority voters,
    Reading comprehension is not your strong suite. Never once did I claim that every Trump voter was a racist. Then again, neither did Hillary. Also, VERY FEW WERE MINORITIES. In fact:

Trump won the election with less support from black and Hispanic voters than any president in 40 years.
    Nice try at revisionism, but I am not buying that nonsense.

Steve Bannon a white Nationalist.. oh my, the liberal hysteria, it’s not true, why would he say this?
    No hysteria, Bannon himself admits to being the voice of all these alt-right types. Where have you been.

Look, you are being ridiculous here. Dianne Feinstein(democrat)still says there’s no evidence of collusion, none. President Trump is very good to his children, they are by all accounts, well educated, well mannered and devoted toward their family. I cannot imagine somebody being crude and nasty enough to refer to this President the way you have, and attack his family over rumors and political hysteria.
    The three indictments and one guilty plea seem to contradict your new found hero Feinstein. There is tons of evidence and pretty much everybody with an ounce of objectivity can admit as much. From Dbag Jr. lying about meeting with the Russians, after caught then fessing up to meetings and communications with the Russians, to then claiming it was only to talk about adoptions. All of these folks who have been caught lying saying they don't recall communicating with Wikileaks, Russian agents, etc. who have to recant when the evidence is thrown in their face. Nobody is cruder and nastier than the president himself. This sicko talks about dating his own daughter, and in one interview claimed the one thing they had in common was sex. This guy is so crude, he admits that he forces his self on women and gets away with it because he is a celebrity. He even admits that when he gets women isolated he will just grab them by the *****. This was all on tape even.

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...ommon-w446872/

Sure, he will claim he was only joking when he says all this crude stuff. Sane people don't talk like that about their own kids. Then again, since he really had no part in raising them, he probably thinks of them much different than sane parents think about their children.

25. Sponsored Links