Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Like Stats

Default This Is My Way To Prevent Some Church & Theater Shootings

According to the news, the Tx. shooter parked his car across the street from the small church in a small town. He then walked across the street & started shooting, even before he got into the church.

Then the killer walked into the church & started shooting randomly killing 26 & wounding 20.

How could this have been prevented? First: we need to stop catering to political PC for good. This would be so Americans aren't afraid to tell authorities when they see someone of something suspicious.

Second: churches need to immediately have safety doors, like those in schools & theaters installed. Doors which can't be opened from the outside after the sanctuary has all those that are probably coming to worship. Then you can get out, but not in.

Third: Have one or two armed (preferably) off duty police officers, who are used to dealing with this sort of thing, stand at the main front doors. These guards can then get a look at anyone who is at the doors, wanting to get in after the service starts.

This terrible murderous ordeal these worshipers went thru could have been prevented quick. If you don't look right, you don't get in the front doors & all other doors are already locked.

I know some will say "well the shooter could have an accomplice to already be in to let shooter in ". My answer to that is to always have other guards cover the side doors too, looking for anyone who may be suspicious, that may be up to no good. Anyway these shootings so far have been a one man job, but for terrorism.
    Duck
    Last edited by The Duck; November 6th, 2017 at 4:34 pm.
    This week under President Trump the DOW reached over 23000 & we're talking about something Trump said. WOW!

2. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Content
    Ideology
    Independent
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by MXdad View Post
    Honestly is this even really a concern for any of us? If a church decides to hire security then they would include that in their budget, take up a special offering etc....
    Most churches probably has a cop or two in the congregation, some may be willing to do it for free some at a cheap rate.

Is a cop even needed? I would say no, most churches probably have more than a few members who are more skilled and spend more time with guns than the local cops and are willing to do it for no cost because they are there for the service anyway.

My little country church would not have to really worry about the cost as several of us carry in church any way. I honestly thing the number of LEO and/or their cost would not even come into play
    Here in Texas it is illegal to have a gun on any church property, even if you have a conceal carry permit.
    I asked a family member who has knowledge about the law and he said that it also would apply to any hired security officer. He could not carry a gun on church property. So I am wondering how many other states have the same stipulations?
    "If you disagree with someone, walk a mile in their shoes..... You will then be a mile away from them, and have their shoes."

4. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Wazoo View Post
    Here in Texas it is illegal to have a gun on any church property, even if you have a conceal carry permit.
    I asked a family member who has knowledge about the law and he said that it also would apply to any hired security officer. He could not carry a gun on church property. So I am wondering how many other states have the same stipulations?
    My barber is a "pistol totin mama", who attends a large church near here. She said "I don't care who says what, I carry my gun wherever I go". Good for her.
    This week under President Trump the DOW reached over 23000 & we're talking about something Trump said. WOW!

6. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

My local radio news this morning: a man broke into a pastor & his families home last nite. The man ran from the pastor's home, but not until the pastor put a bullet into his head. he ran a ways then died.

8. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Democratic Party
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by the duck View Post
    according to the news, the tx. Shooter parked his car across the street from the small church in a small town. He then walked across the street & started shooting, even before he got into the church.

Then the killer walked into the church & started shooting randomly killing 26 & wounding 20.

How could this have been prevented? First: We need to stop catering to political pc for good. This would be so americans aren't afraid to tell authorities when they see someone of something suspicious.

Second: Churches need to immediately have safety doors, like those in schools & theaters installed. Doors which can't be opened from the outside after the sanctuary has all those that are probably coming to worship. Then you can get out, but not in.

Third: Have one or two armed (preferably) off duty police officers, who are used to dealing with this sort of thing, stand at the main front doors. These guards can then get a look at anyone who is at the doors, wanting to get in after the service starts.

This terrible murderous ordeal these worshipers went thru could have been prevented quick. If you don't look right, you don't get in the front doors & all other doors are already locked.

I know some will say "well the shooter could have an accomplice to already be in to let shooter in ". My answer to that is to always have other guards cover the side doors too, looking for anyone who may be suspicious, that may be up to no good. Anyway these shootings so far have been a one man job, but for terrorism.
    Duck
    #maga!

10. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Democratic Party
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by HeyJude View Post
    Duck, I thought about some similar ideas, but here's the problem. Many churches, especially the larger churches, always have guests. You could have 5-10 "normal" looking "guests" who are actually killers, coming in at the same time all the other people come in. They quietly sit down in a pew like everyone else. Then, at some designated time during the service, they open fire on the congregation. Especially with winter coming, people can easily hide a Glock inside a coat. Women can easily hide 2-3 firearms in a large handbag.

We live in an evil world, and it will only get worse. Roe v Wade has made the lives of others worthless, easily snuffed out. People no longer have a conscience, no moral compass. We even have people here laughing at the assault on Senator Rand Paul. People are amused at violence. Harming others is now bringing enjoyment to many libs. They don't even believe there is any such thing as sin. They reject God, reject the teachings of Jesus, while blaming God for the acts of evil people. I don't have much hope for the future of this country.
    When people look the other way when young women are assaulted and not believed. When 1 in 4 girls are sexually abused before their 18th birthday, frequently by hetero male family members and friends.....In fact when supposedly godly people are lining up to vote for a child-chaser.........yes we have a problem in this country....and it's not just guns.

12. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Wazoo View Post
    As of January 1, 2016, that is no longer the case. It is allowed unless the Church chooses to prohibit it.

http://txb.life/article/guns-in-the-...ight-to-choose

"A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep." - Saul Bellow

14. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Democratic Party
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Two points ... 1) as has been discussed, a church does not have to hire trained professionals (read: expensive) to provide security during worship, and 2) mandating that churches provide armed security is well beyond the authority of the government.
    Liability insurance.......just sayin'

16. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by The Duck View Post
    My local radio news this morning: a man broke into a pastor & his families home last nite. The man ran from the pastor's home, but not until the pastor put a bullet into his head. he ran a ways then died.
    Some years ago, (2003) a pastor in Palmer, Alaska killed two intruders ... one of them by shooting him in the back through the window as he fled (a clear violation of the self-defense law) after his partner in crime was shot inside. The jury acquitted him. It seems that the pastor's peers knew the two men quite well and felt that they both deserved to be shot. As they say ... its better to be judged by 12 than carried by six.

http://www.frontiersman.com/news/jur...d09aa5c80.html

"A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep." - Saul Bellow

18. Sponsored Links

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by bodecea View Post
    Liability insurance.......just sayin'
    Maybe, but if you were a church administrator, which would you rather have ... a big insurance bill, or a church full of dead parishioners?

20. Sponsored Links

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Some years ago, (2003) a pastor in Palmer, Alaska killed two intruders ... one of them by shooting him in the back through the window as he fled (a clear violation of the self-defense law) after his partner in crime was shot inside. The jury acquitted him. It seems that the pastor's peers knew the two men quite well and felt that they both deserved to be shot. As they say ... its better to be judged by 12 than carried by six.

http://www.frontiersman.com/news/jur...d09aa5c80.html
    Yeah, but then so many LO were being sent to jail around then.

22. Sponsored Links